• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I tried this mod, but why did it reset my game? I had to choose my language again, all the hints were shown again and none of my saves were to be found (though they still exist in their folder).

Last edited:
I tried this mod, but why did it reset my game? I had to choose my language again, all the hints were shown again and none of my saves were to be found (though they still exist in their folder).

It's because the mod creates a separate directory for save files and settings (the "user_dir" in the mod file). The game will then behave as if you are starting it for the first time, as no settings file exist within that folder when you start the mod the first time.

Update:

Right now I'm working with the Norse Mod by Aspie. I want to include parts of it in Pagans!, but I also want to tweak it a bit first. I like his work, but some effects seem a little unbalanced to me. If I get this finished I'll make it version 2.0, since it's a rather big expansion.

sounds like a big step I look forward to seeing your combined efforts:happy: I also thought that it the Norse mod was a bit unbalanced in places and I really liked where this mod was at before and now so the two of you might whip up the perfect mod just in time for Paradox to shut down Pagans and release their DLC with them:laugh:

Could you make a version of this mod that is compatible with the P&T mod? I tried to use them both and it did not work. I even tried to copy what you had done into the different folders in the P&T but must have done something wrong:wacko: It would be nice if you could use this mod with some of the major overhauls and balance mods:)

Could you make a version of this mod that is compatible with the P&T mod? I tried to use them both and it did not work. I even tried to copy what you had done into the different folders in the P&T but must have done something wrong:wacko: It would be nice if you could use this mod with some of the major overhauls and balance mods:)

I'm sorry, but that's not likely to happen. It's hard enough to make this mod work as it is. To try to adapt to other mods as well would eat too much of my relatively limited time.

I'm considering the possibility of altering the Tribal Raid Casus Belli so it will give the flag {nm_on_viking} to those who use it. This would mean that the viking raid events would fire for all pagans. They would need some altering, of course, but I'm thinking it would add some nice flavor. Thoughts, anyone?

there are too many pagans who are not Vikings and are in no certain way even close to the Norse beliefs for that to work I would say.
It must be possible to have a separate CB just for the Vikings where this could be featured.

The problem is that the non-Cuman pagans *need* warrior cult or they get swallowed up.

I wonder if there's a way to make it so you can only build warrior cult in, say, right-culture right-religion provinces and it gets destroyed elsewhere. That'd give them good armies at game start, but if they expand into other lands it won't snowball nearly as badly.
You would have to convert the land before you can build the warrior cult anyway so that is not really an issue.
Is the holiday over? It has been a while since last update.

All right, everybody. I thank you all for your input.

With the release of the Old Gods DLC today, this mod is rendered. Practically everything I and Aspie worked on seems to be included - perhaps Paradox evendrew some inspiration from our work? Whatever the truth of that, this mod is closed, at least until such time I feel the need to mod something in the DLC.

And now to wait for the actual DLC release... The suspense! It eats ussss!

Well, perhaps I'll watch some "Vikings" while I wait.