• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok so I havent played this mod but I whanted to hear some feedback on it and ask a few questions, so here it goes.

Does the pagans fight echother more than they do in original ck2?

How do this mod work for other pagans other than norse pagans?

Anything you find specialy awsome and/or sticks out from the original game?

1. Yes, they fight tribal wars frequently.

2. I guess it's focused mainly on Norse pagans (Ásatrú), adding the Allsherjargoði. But in my experience, the other pagans tend to hold out quite some time compared to native.

3. The Allsherjagoði is a fine addition, especially when you play as pagan king of Sweden - controlling the temple of Uppsala, meaning you can request divorces whenever you like ;-þ
Also, as soon as you're over the initial phase of pagan invasions - and you make use of them yourself as a kind of post-viking age raiding, it's quite enjoyable.

If you like you can use this mod with my personal modification, making more provinces pagan, adding dynasties from the Jomsvikinga saga, and adding the count of Færoyar, etc.
https://rapidshare.com/files/2734776820/EnhancedScandinavia.rar

There's a lot in CK2 based on the presumption of Christian, European culture.

I've not tried playing as a Muslim ruler yet -- does it allow multiple wives?

Also, depending on the pagan culture, a child of unwed parents might face no stigma, a man might get a prestige boost for acknowledging one, and a women might get a boost to her prestige if the father of her "bastard" is of higher status than she is.

Hey, does the mod somehow break the "Fabricate Claim" function of the chancellor? Playing as a Norse tribe in northern Sweden, that's pretty much my only route to expansion, and I went 50 YEARS without a successful fabrication, with between 6 and 10% annual chance for my chancellors. Seems suspiciously bad luck. Love the mod otherwise!

I'm not sure I'd call the Zoroastrians "pagans". They have more in common with the Abrahamic faiths, really.

I hesitate to ask, but is this mod still being developed?

In case it is, I'm working on some improvements for Finnish pagans and the Western Finno-Ugric cultural zone, both in terms of historical province accuracy (ie, Saaremaa to Estonian de jure, Finnmark moved to Kvens or Lappland when I get to it), reworked pagan kingdom title (King of Finland will be the Christian title, pagans will have something else, currently thinking of King of Tshudes), stuff to do and name files. I just finished the reworking of the dynasty (removed modern, foreign, rofl-reference and such surnames in favour of more authentic ones) and culture file (more names, having a go at patronyms).

I'd be more than happy to contribute the work to this mod as I go along.

Could someone better at modding than me please make this mod up to date without adding new maps or major overhauls of the game:D

And he is back by popular demand:p. This was a surprise I thought this mod was a gonner for sure:ninja: If this gets up to date you might want to talk to Aspie he is doing a Norse mod maybe you could work together?:laugh:

No, it's just that I usually only find time for this during vacations. I work a lot.

I've seen his work, and it's very interesting. My first priority right now is updating for 1.06, though. I'm practically done with that except for an annoying localisation problem I have to kill first.

What kind of problem? Would it work on some of the language versions if not in all?

No, it was a silly oversight. I've added sections in the mod localisation file with the help of hashes (#). I forgot that these lines also need the ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x part. Otherwise it will muck everything up. It's taken care of now.

In case it is, I'm working on some improvements for Finnish pagans and the Western Finno-Ugric cultural zone, both in terms of historical province accuracy (ie, Saaremaa to Estonian de jure, Finnmark moved to Kvens or Lappland when I get to it), reworked pagan kingdom title (King of Finland will be the Christian title, pagans will have something else, currently thinking of King of Tshudes), stuff to do and name files. I just finished the reworking of the dynasty (removed modern, foreign, rofl-reference and such surnames in favour of more authentic ones) and culture file (more names, having a go at patronyms).

I'd be more than happy to contribute the work to this mod as I go along.

I'm obviously very interested in your work, since I'm a layman when it comes to finnish paganism. Just post your progress here if you find the time.