- Nov 28, 2006
Pagans!The goal of this mod is not to make pagans playable - by now there are several ways to achieve that. (for those who are still in the dark: Choose any character. Start the game. Press §. Type "play <CharacterID>. Press return. The Character ID should obviously be of a pagan character). Rather the goal is to make pagans more interesting to play. I've tried to build a mod I would want to play myself (which I indeed do) and it has been born from ideas and suggestions in this thread.
A mod for all heathens out there
A mod for all heathens out there
The idea is that this mod, which is very much a work in progress, is published here in order to recieve input from the community. New ideas are welcome. Actual coding is even more welcome.
- Adapted the mod to version 1.06.
- Corrected titles for norse pagan heresies. Nyi sidr should now have the same titles as Asatru.
- Pagan tribal raid now commented out until the new CB's in 1.06 have been tested.
- Lotharingia was removed from the mod since it already is part of 1.06.
- Made it possible to appoint female treasurers for norse pagans.
- Updated to version 1.04. That was a bitch, let me tell you.
- Pagans are now playable by default. This momentous event is celebrated by jumping straight to version 1.0.
- New character numbers making the mod compatible with others.
- Now female Chaplains can actually do something, too. Lo and behold! (I forgot to check if the job events checked for sex. They did, but it's now corrected.)
- Added two pagan mercenary bands, coded by nuril. Thanks!
- Tweaked the the Tribal Raid Casus Belli so that attackers can call in allies. This makes for fewer but tougher raids.
- Added an event which removes the Celibate trait from pagans unless they are unusually pious.
- Also, from now on Lotharingia is a part of the mod. I tried to keep it out, but keeping several mods running at once screwed everything up. It's easy to remove manually if you dislike Lotharingia.
- nuril's suggestions:
- Changed the norse religious head title to duke level and made it a vassal of the king of Sweden in 1066
- New flag for that title
- New norse heretics, giving the possibility of changing how norse pagans work
- New characters
- Altered job_titles.txt to make it possible for norse pagans to have female Chaplains.
- Reworked the raid Casus Belli:
- Longer truce period between raids
- Raids should now be possible against other pagan types
- Halved the scaling factor for reward at win, thus making it easier to buy pagans off (and a loss is not as financially disastrous)
- Removed Holy War for pagans. Too powerful combined with Warrior Cult.
- Added a new pagan Casus Belli: Tribal Raid (coded by ATP). Win means power and prestige, loss means the dungeon.
- Changed the truce time for Tribal Raid to 8 years.
- Added mutual hostility to Tribal Raid to prevent coordinated war efforts.
- Added localisation for these things.
- Heretics have been added to norse, finnish and baltic pagans
- All pagans can now proclaim Holy War against non-pagans.
- Norse pagans now have a religious head with seat in Uppsala. (Some might recognize the character...)
- Norse, baltic and finnish pagans can now grant CB.
- Some localisation has been added for norse pagan titles.
- A flag has been added for the norse religious head. Completely ahistorical, but without it everything got messed up.
- I included the modified cb_types.txt from Improved Religious wars by wertu234. This should prevent all-out holy wars from day 1.
Current version is 1.1.