• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rmanthegreat

Recruit
89 Badges
Nov 12, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines
As the title says, I've installed the latest version of Lux Invicta from mod DB, decompressed the files to fix the health events, recompressed everything, then put the compressed files (named lux-invicta-repository2) and the copied .mod file (named Lux Invicta) in Documents>Paradox Interactive>Crusader Kings II> mod file. After opening the game, and enabling the mod entitled Lux Invicta v0.6K16, CK2 acts as if it's running vanilla.

I have not downloaded this version, or any previous version of Lux invicta before. I own and have enabled all major DLC, all other mods are turned off. I've tried replacing the compressed mod files with uncompressed ones, but all remains the same.

I assume something's happening that's making it so that the mod is not being read, but I have no clue how I would go about fixing such a problem.

Any clues how to fix this?

Yeah, it can get crazy at times.

Make sure your .mod file for the mod points to where it is in your computer. the "path" line is where this would be.

If still not working, you could try the Git version. But, hopefully the path is just wrong and you can fix that.

The mod loads for me, but at the "choose a leader," the portraits are skewed, and if you choose one, it crashes the second I hit play. If you try to go to custom, the political map doesnt pull up at all, and all the individual counties have rulers listed as "none"

(No other mods enabled)

Maybe try reinstalling ck2? I know its drastic, but it should be fine with no other mods enabled. Also, check your Crusader Kings 2/Lux Invicta folder and delete it (not the ck2/mod/Lux folder). Also, you can try validating game files in Steam.

Maybe try reinstalling ck2? I know its drastic, but it should be fine with no other mods enabled. Also, check your Crusader Kings 2/Lux Invicta folder and delete it (not the ck2/mod/Lux folder). Also, you can try validating game files in Steam.

downloaded the github version, and it seems to be working fine now

Excellent! Glad its working for ya.

For anyone having similar problems, I fixed the mod by editing the .mod file, which directed CK2 to look for a mod folder named "Lux Invicta" instead of "lux-invicta-repository2" The issue could also be cleanly resolved by simply renaming said file to Lux Invicta.

• 2Like
Reactions: