• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could you please change the compressed download file from .7z to a .zip file please. I have 7zip so it is not a problem for me but a .zip file would be more universal. If you are using 7zip then you will have no problem making it a .zip file instead. Thanks and good job!

@Meneth, Sure, go ahead!
@Izual, 7z archives offer greater compression (a difference of about 3mb), but I suppose most people are on faster connections these days :laugh:

| ZIP DOWNLOAD |

I use .zip for my mod for the same reasons Izual describes. While most people can open .7z, everyone can open .zip, even those with no decompression tools installed.
To save a bit of space you can simply put the .zip file to Ultra compression. Still won't be as good as .7z, but it's still an improvement.

Looks very impressive, Korbah -- I'll try it out as soon as the Mac version drops! (I'm running the Windows Steam version under WINE, which doesn't play nicely with the launcher for some reason.)

Although I must admit, this does seem to undercut the reasoning for posting the Ethiopia mini-mod I was working on... :laugh:

No reason not to post yours, there's always room for other adaptations and visions of the region and yours may be more historically accurate :happy:

I appreciate that, thanks. To be honest, I have neither the time nor the skills to pull off something as detailed as you have here (especially with the map), so I'd be very happy with even a niche market.

I still need to make some localization tweaks, but I hope to have it out before 1.06. I've borrowed quite a bit from fellow forumites (naturally, there will be credits in the readme; standing on the shoulders of giants, and all that :happy:), but I've tried to strike a balance between player choice and historical accuracy. For example, I've been hankering to start with a Catholic king and and slowly bring Abyssinia back into the Vatican's fold, and I think (read: hope) my mini-mod will make it possible to survive as a Catholic Abyssinia without making things too gamey.

But I'm looking forward to some peer review. :happy: Anyway, I'll /threadjack here. Keep up the great work!

That's pretty weird. They should fix that in a patch -- nothing you change in a moddir should change vanilla files.

This is absolutely fantastic, which I'd known about it before I started an awesome game as Nubia in vanilla. Still, this is something I've been practically begging PI to do, good to see a modder doing it. I just don't see why some think it's such a horrendous crime to do this.

The horrendous crime is East Africa in vanilla. ;)

I fully agree... but it hasn't stopped me from trying, darn it! And at this point, I've enjoyed my vanilla Nubia game too much to shelve it.

However, I'm most certainly going to make this a regular part of my future games. Seriously PI, a modder pulled it off. And it's not so much that "well, it WAS a part of this world", because I know there's the old argument that "Yeah, and so is China to the same extent so why don't we add that?", as it the fact that the map is already there. Mali was an influential Islamic state, who cares if historically they were never in direct conflict with Christians. Historically, Lithuania stayed partially Pagan throughout most of the game, but they don't make it to 1100 half the time in-game.

Rambling rantyness cut short: excellent job Korbah and co.

So there's not been much news about this mod since the last release, and I guess that's because I had considered it "final" pretty much back then (although I had/have plans to add a few events and such), but after seeing the work by Kailvin in and around the Nubian region, I decided to redraw the area. I had already worked in some regions in the blank space between my old Kanem and Nubia, however I wasn't happy with the look of the Kanem-Bornu Empire. It was based on a picture from Wikipedia that effectively was just a big red blob slapped into central africa, and after a little more research (and links posted by Kailvin in his own thread), I found a more appropriate map of Kanem and the area, and from there did a little more research of my own. Kanem-Bornu is now much more historically "shaped", although names are still randomly collected from nearby existant settlements since nothing like an administrative or local-level map exists from the time period. Also, while looking over Kailvin's own edits to Nubia, I decided mine were a bit lacking, and as a result I've reshaped, moved, renamed and added more provinces to Nubia, the work being based upon but not taken from Kailvin's (I had Kailvin's permission to use his data but I chose to make my own instead, he still gets credit for basis however).
I'm still working on a couple more provinces and edits over in west africa, but east and central africa is pretty much finalised. Here are a couple of before, and after shots;
Before
View attachment 53666

After
View attachment 53667

Also, as I'm already working on a "combined" mod featuring all of my work as well as the work of others (with permission), the next NAE release will also include my Shires of England mod, as it's simply easier for me to work from a single base rather than multiple different ones. This also means I won't update Shires of England seperately (not that I think it needs an update, it was just a simple province addition to include the missing historical shires/counties that existed at 1066 (plus one >.>)).

Wow, I wish moding left me time to play...that map looks great.:D
Korbah if you still plan on including BLC see that I added quite a few things in the last versions, including new skins for muslim cultures etc. I'm also very close to releasing another version later today with another mediterranean skin in it.
A sample of some changes (4 Levantines, 4 Andalusians, 3 Westerners for comparison).

Attachments

• newskinscompared.png
    newskinscompared.png
    375,3 KB · Views: 29
I've already included the latest BLC into my main (as of yet unreleased) mod, and I'll make sure to update NAE with it when I release it early next week.

Ok mate! Please tell me when you release it, I not only want to try it out but also want to put it in my "mods that use some version of BLC" links list once it's out. :cool:

That looks great :)

Now you just need to link the Libyan coast to Kanem via the Nafusa Mountains -> Fezzan -> Tibesti plateau