• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So what's the name of the mod now?
Like the 2nd Middle Ages or something else?
We are now New Era: Old World.
After brainstorming a lot of names we felt the dissonance in this one between New and Old worked the best.

Hello, do you have a list of the religions/heresies and the cultures? I'm trying to make a wiki for this.
Unfortunately the best suggestion I can give is going through the custom character options, we don't really have a list of religions and cultures I can simply share.

Reactions:
I've been through a few playthroughs in the recent patch and I wanted to thank you the amazing work you have done! Its really enjoyable and full of flavor. But, as it happens with beta proyects like this one, there's always some little flaws here and there I would want to adress:

-Firstly, at least for me, there's no music whatsoever. I have tried to play without mods, with custom music mods and tried to make one myself but it does not appear to work. I dont know if it is some bug, but it makes playing the vibrating mod much more lame.

-The jacobinist are a great addition and playing with them is one of the most fun things to do. But having them play with the base feudal government is a bit weird, considering there are some goverments as the oligarchic republic alredy in place and that calvinist have a government of their own. I also found the Establish Republic cb a bit buggy, and a bit odd that the newly established republic's capital county doesnt automatically convert.

-The brwytysh, or however its ment to be spelled, are very strong and, at least in my saves in europe, they dont apear to change at all during the span of 200-250 years, I dont know if such an issue can be fixed

-The kgb spreads really fast and you can get three events of them spreading in less than a year, and then getting forgotten for what remains of the game

-I know comparations aren't very liked, but in that mod there are some artifacts a

-Tsoy kingdom in kirgizistan has become one of my favourites places to be, its a great idea the koryo-sarman addition. But, having them being orthodox in the middle of nowhere, specially if we take into account the large span of time after the event. On the other hand, having korean orthodox charactesr right next to my chinese uyghur empire is a pretty cool escene. I would to suggest an idea for them and is that, holding an empire tier title as a koryo-saram character allows you to make your very own branch of christianism by decision.

-The thunder dragon empire is broken, please nerf, it doesnt make sense with the stagnant burocracy government. Some kind of culture exclusive cb to stablish tributary would be neat.

-Having the protectors of the people start as tribal is... questionable and so is it being a duke tier title. I would like to keep it when I form a kingdom. Its cool af and i hated it when I lost the colour as I formed Daguestan.

-Assyrians died in almost every save, I think its a matter of luck but... check it out, just in case

-Palmarians are outright lame, and although I know you havent put much effort into them yet. But I would suggest to add unique mechanics into them, like it has been done for the assyrians and so on. Also, theres something to be addresed here. I'm spanish and I'm pretty familiar, through research, with the real Palmarian church. And, at least here in Spain, it's considered a sect, which forbides people from voting, whatching tv, and praises the spanish fascist dictator Francisco Franco as a saint. If you want to keep them around its your decission, but given how lame they are, and the IRL issues just mentioned, I wouldn't advice to do so. If you replace them, I would advice to change it by some sort of sincretist fait based on iberic prerroman beliefs, and that Portugal isn't excluded from it. But hey, I wouldnt blame you if you dont want to change it up. If you stick with palmarians, a mechanic to build up zeal and recruit zealots as with the tribal government would be neat, and/or an unit based on pikemen called spanish tercios or something like that, and a reconquer the netherlands free cb, just for the meme it would be.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I've been through a few playthroughs in the recent patch and I wanted to thank you the amazing work you have done! Its really enjoyable and full of flavor. But, as it happens with beta proyects like this one, there's always some little flaws here and there I would want to adress:
Thank you very much for the compliments. Indeed this project is still fairly early into development (we have less than a year of release after all), and therefore we welcome all suggestions.

-Firstly, at least for me, there's no music whatsoever. I have tried to play without mods, with custom music mods and tried to make one myself but it does not appear to work. I dont know if it is some bug, but it makes playing the vibrating mod much more lame.
If you are playing the most recent version on Steam, we had to move the music in it's own submod due to the fact the mod is too heavy for the Steam Workshop standards otherwise. Using the submod should solve the issue. I'm not really sure why it's not playing the vanilla music if you don't have the submod or why the submods aren't working, I will look into it.

-The jacobinist are a great addition and playing with them is one of the most fun things to do. But having them play with the base feudal government is a bit weird, considering there are some goverments as the oligarchic republic alredy in place and that calvinist have a government of their own. I also found the Establish Republic cb a bit buggy, and a bit odd that the newly established republic's capital county doesnt automatically convert.
The Jacobinist government could be changed, yes, though we are a bit afraid that giving them a city-based one, for example, might be a bit buggy for CK2 since the Oligarchic Republic themselves were very buggy for a while. We'll look into it.

-The brwytysh, or however its ment to be spelled, are very strong and, at least in my saves in europe, they dont apear to change at all during the span of 200-250 years, I dont know if such an issue can be fixed
The British are largely the same as the HRE in vanilla, which rarely falls without external help. Their main causes of concern are the internal politics (because of the Parliament and the Imperial Government) and the American Invasion in the late game. There isn't really a way to fix a large Empire, though we intend to make them more religiously diverse in the next version.

-The kgb spreads really fast and you can get three events of them spreading in less than a year, and then getting forgotten for what remains of the game
Honestly what we need to solve is the KGB spreading so fast, it should take longer. It's mostly the Assassin equivalent of the mod, so they shouldn't do more in theory, but they should spread at a more normal pace.

-Tsoy kingdom in kirgizistan has become one of my favourites places to be, its a great idea the koryo-sarman addition. But, having them being orthodox in the middle of nowhere, specially if we take into account the large span of time after the event. On the other hand, having korean orthodox charactesr right next to my chinese uyghur empire is a pretty cool escene. I would to suggest an idea for them and is that, holding an empire tier title as a koryo-saram character allows you to make your very own branch of christianism by decision.
We might consider this, it's an interesting concept. I have to say I'm glad that many people seem to appreciate the Koryo-Saram.

-The thunder dragon empire is broken, please nerf, it doesnt make sense with the stagnant burocracy government. Some kind of culture exclusive cb to stablish tributary would be neat.
I need more info on this. The stagnant Burocracy should hold in a lot of the power of the Thunder Dragon Empire.

-Having the protectors of the people start as tribal is... questionable and so is it being a duke tier title. I would like to keep it when I form a kingdom. Its cool af and i hated it when I lost the colour as I formed Daguestan.
We might turn them feudal eventually, they are mostly tribal to be in line with the surrounding region that tends to be mostly nomads or tribal as well. I'm not sure about making it a kingdom but I'll see if we can find a way to keep the color further.

-Assyrians died in almost every save, I think its a matter of luck but... check it out, just in case
It's a matter of luck. They are a difficult start but I've seen them survive to the hundred years mark at least.

-Palmarians are outright lame, and although I know you havent put much effort into them yet. But I would suggest to add unique mechanics into them, like it has been done for the assyrians and so on. Also, theres something to be addresed here. I'm spanish and I'm pretty familiar, through research, with the real Palmarian church. And, at least here in Spain, it's considered a sect, which forbides people from voting, whatching tv, and praises the spanish fascist dictator Francisco Franco as a saint. If you want to keep them around its your decission, but given how lame they are, and the IRL issues just mentioned, I wouldn't advice to do so. If you replace them, I would advice to change it by some sort of sincretist fait based on iberic prerroman beliefs, and that Portugal isn't excluded from it. But hey, I wouldnt blame you if you dont want to change it up. If you stick with palmarians, a mechanic to build up zeal and recruit zealots as with the tribal government would be neat, and/or an unit based on pikemen called spanish tercios or something like that, and a reconquer the netherlands free cb, just for the meme it would be.
The thing with the post-apoc Palmaryan is that they lost most of their political issues. Most of the stuff that remains of the pre-apocalypse Palmarians is their focus on their central holy site of El Palmar de Troya and the line of the Papacy diverging at the right time.
That said, they do actually have a number of major events and some features to make them different from Catholics:
- If the Catholics declare the First Crusade first, the Palmarians rulers can choose to join undercover, leading to an interesting event chain. Once they come back, some convert to Catholicism convincing the Palmarian Pope in starting his own age of Crusades.
- The Fourth Crusade equivalent is aimed against them, starting when a group of Catholic pilgrims is attacked by some Palmarians. It leads to the establishing of the Apostolic State if successful.
- The Palmarians have obligatory secular appointment of bishops (aka it's always the kings that have the right to appoint the bishops in their realm) and no Antipopes (because there can't be a Pope outside of El Palmar), while the Catholics have the Antipopes but only the Pope can appoint bishops.

Also Portugal being Catholic is pretty important for the mod balance since it holds one of the few Catholic Holy Sites actually still held by Catholicism.

The proposed mechanic is honestly very interesting and I'll add it to the least of stuff we want to do.

I believe the Tercios should already be the cultural retinue of one or more Iberian cultures but I'll check.

We could edit the crusade weight to make the Netherlands more important at least.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I need more info on this. The stagnant Burocracy should hold in a lot of the power of the Thunder Dragon Empire.

-In most of my saves they ended up blobbing over all of tibet and north east India, and it also has no problems whatsoever addapting the feudal retinues into it's own government. I don't have any suggestions for this except making them temple based, with a special retinue or something else like just being unable to declare holy war or with a soft claim. But yeah, the tibetans and bengalis struggle to bhutan's 15k early game stack

-Also, there are a lot of little island provinces which is frankly uncomfortable and odd. Like, come on, 6 province faroe islands? Doesn't make much sense.

-The submod for music now works perfectly, it was me being a dumbass and playing two music mods as the same time as the submod :p

-If you were to keep portugal catholic you could make hungary less homogene, or directly getting rid of catholicism in the area. I don't know how this would impact gameplay, but if you are going to keep italy, portugal and the commonwelth as bulwarks of catholicism, I don't really get why keeping hungary around, or atleast making it be challenged by the really weak hussites or other sort of threat. Like, it was overly easy to overcome the difficulties that the zone presented, because there isnt such thing as a threat

-Nobelist 6yo going on pilgrimages to southern europe is a very big meme for me. Overall, they are ok

- I stress what I allready said that when a new republic is formed by jacobinists the capital county should convert

I'm sorry if i'm complainig too much. I coded things and oh boy is it hard. And I don't wanna be the kind of person who suggests things just because they're cool or because I dont like what the team is doing. Keep up the great job!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Will this be coming over to CK3 once the CK2 version is polished enough? @Rufy_King
Yes, the next version is the last CK2 version. We actually previewed the full CK3 map on reddit, but I realize I never showed it here, so here.

7q3jybgqzhr51.png

Go big or go home, am I right?

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Men, that map's dope. Are you going with a wasteland china or is it unfinished?
It's unfinished. The intention is to have the full map of at least Asia on first release. Africa might wait for second release since it's an area we know less, but the final objective is the whole map we previewed filled, outside of the real wastelands.

That's why you parted from After the End?
No, no. To quote our official statement back when we announced it on Reddit/Discord
There are a number of reasons for this decision that range from our two settings having different ideas of a post-apocalyptic world (it is a fact that some of our content follows entirely different rules from what the After the End Fan Fork devs strive to achieve) to parts of the two communities being not in the best terms. While since I have become head dev I have tried to solve the latter, in the end, we decided that CK3 is a good point to go our separate ways.

Reactions:
Yes, the next version is the last CK2 version. We actually previewed the full CK3 map on reddit, but I realize I never showed it here, so here.

7q3jybgqzhr51.png

Go big or go home, am I right?

Is that PNG mapped?

"Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover in history."

• 1Haha
Reactions:
How to get achievement 419 Eater and Censored?
And is there a plan to add more bloodline for pre-Event families, such as Habsburg or Borbon?
419 Eater is about an event chain related to a Nigerian Prince coming to your court in search of support. You have to take certain steps to waste this person's time.
Censored requires you to kill a member of a certain Chinese house.

Currently not, because we'd like to keep it vague on whether those are the same as pre-Event houses or not.