• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You guys only need to download the from the latter two links from the reddit posts, they're actually not just hotfixes but rather the entire mod v0.2.1. No idea why they're still labeled as they are

• 1Like
Reactions:
0.2.1 Hotfix
Sorr for the delay here on Paradoxplaza, I was unfortunately busy yesterday.

We now present you with version 0.2.1 of the mod, there will be a more comprehensive bugfix patch later but the CTDs were a serious issue that needed fixing.

0.2.1 Hotfix

There was another bug that was causing CTDs hopefully this will fix it now.

Mega Download:

https://mega.nz/file/wU9RFBID#ciBUXYHDhDiZ_ieqFfAj16T_sgQI7f7JBpTZIj4r0iA

Drive: Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hCBSz3V4jrou9y16O_AxP14bqPjdWarw/view?usp=sharing

The steam release will be coming very soon.

fresh install the mod entirely purge the old version.

Changelog:

-Fixed Save Load CTD.

-Fixed Resign Screen CTD.

-Fixed another CTD bug

-Joined the lost Habsburg to the rest of the tree.

-Sprinkled Sayyids across the muslim world.

-Fixed some localisation errors.

-Fixed Boudica having British children rather than Eastlander.

-Fixed Mesopotamian's Icons.

-Changed Olympus dynasty to Olympos.

-Anglican Monastic order now works

-Saint George event fixed

Suggestion: Downgrade the title "caliph".

As the background story suggests, during the chaotic years following the event, Sunni muslims are all yearning for a caliph to lead them.
But what if many caliphs show up?
As there is no longer a caliph recognized by all Sunnis after the event, There's not doubt every muslim ruler ambitious enough would start to call themselves "caliph" and try to conquer each other to gain worldwide recognition. Petty caliphs around the muslim world may survive many generations until a "legal" religious head is decided, which would finally change the meaning of "caliph" forever.
Just like what happens to "Caeser" in Byzantine Empire, the rank of "caliph" would be downgraded to a quite common level. Thus, the title of "Sultan" could be downgraded too, As those who used to be "sultan" are now "caliph"! However, as a result, Sunnis would need a different title for their religious head...

I know the suggestion sounds kind of strange, but ATEOW is presenting a strange world which is quite different from our world now, IMO such changes would not only make the world more interesting, but also reminds us this world is quite different from ours.

• 2Like
Reactions:
petty pope and petty caliph as new titles for dukes.
You don't really downgrade caliphs tbh. It would be heretical. So, no need to worry about Sultans, I guess there could be one branch (heresy) of Islam using this in the same way Scottish dukes use title Petty King in vanilla.

Making it a general rule would be offending.

Suggestion: Downgrade the title "caliph".

As the background story suggests, during the chaotic years following the event, Sunni muslims are all yearning for a caliph to lead them.
But what if many caliphs show up?
As there is no longer a caliph recognized by all Sunnis after the event, There's not doubt every muslim ruler ambitious enough would start to call themselves "caliph" and try to conquer each other to gain worldwide recognition. Petty caliphs around the muslim world may survive many generations until a "legal" religious head is decided, which would finally change the meaning of "caliph" forever.
Just like what happens to "Caeser" in Byzantine Empire, the rank of "caliph" would be downgraded to a quite common level. Thus, the title of "Sultan" could be downgraded too, As those who used to be "sultan" are now "caliph"! However, as a result, Sunnis would need a different title for their religious head...

I know the suggestion sounds kind of strange, but ATEOW is presenting a strange world which is quite different from our world now, IMO such changes would not only make the world more interesting, but also reminds us this world is quite different from ours.
Actually, much like the Pope can have Antipopes, in Old World a Caliph can have Pretender Caliphs. They are just rare to see since there is no Caliph at start.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm REALLY enjoying this mod. One suggestion is probably adding Latin language localisation if you're a Roman but it's not really important.
One CTD issue I'm having is hovering over the Giza pyramid great work upgrade button instantly crashes the game but that's the only one I've found so far.

P.S would love a subforum for the mod.

I love this mod but I'm gonna have to uninstall it due to the constant/consistent CTD's I experience. I've installed the new 0.21 hotfix but still experience CTD's just as frequently.

I love this mod but I'm gonna have to uninstall it due to the constant/consistent CTD's I experience. I've installed the new 0.21 hotfix but still experience CTD's just as frequently.
Which version are you playing, Steam or direct download?

After the End Old World 0.2.2 - Dev Diary 1: Mapping the Old World
Hello everyone, and welcome to a new DD for After the End: Old World. This one is a shorter one and focuses in particular on taking a look to the important changes to the map we have made for the next release version, 0.2.2. But first, a reminder that, as this version has map changes, it will not be compatible with your current games. When it releases, be careful with your save files.

MOUNTAINS

First, our mappers have added many new impassable regions. This means that now you will likely have to plan out a lot more which regions you should invade, where to place your armies in defense or even where you will place your capital.

The best example for this is the region of Tajikistan, Kashmir, Punjab and western Tibet, where you can notice you now cannot cross directly from the former to the second and third, without first passing either through Tibet or all the way around. On an aside, I will point out the shape of Kashmir and Tajikistan have been modified.

20200810000428_1.jpg

Not all changes have been as major, but you see new mountains appear from Anatolia and the Caucasus to Morocco.

20200810000314_1.jpg

20200810000318_1.jpg

20200810000339_1.jpg

20200810000335_1.jpg

20200810000307_1.jpg

RIVERS AND SWAMPS

The rivers Po, Oder, Rhone, Tigris, Euphrates and Neman have been made navigable, meaning that now you will have to worry about raiders in many more places than in the old map.

20200817164915_1.jpg

20200810000213_1.jpg

20200810000227_1.jpg

20200810001236_1.jpg

Swamps have also been used to scatter some impassable terrains throughout Europe. For example, the Agro Pontino in central Italy is now back into being the swamp it was before the 20th century.

20200810000238_1.jpg

20200817164923_1.jpg

MAJOR REWORKS

Somalia and Abyssinia have been a major center of this map rework, wit the addition of both impassable terrain and more importantly many new provinces, enough to make Somalia its own kingdom rather than just a duchy.

20200810000349_1.jpg

Iran has also received a rework of provinces, making them more numerous than they were before, to properly represent the home of one of the longest lasting Empires in history. Of course, new impassable mountain chains are also present in the reworked region.

20200810000328_1.jpg

Finally, we also added many new provinces in the region of Poland. This makes Poland a stronger kingdom that can better hold its own against Lithuania and Prussia.

20200817165008_1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
After the End Old World 0.2.3 release
Hello everyone , and welcome to the release of After the End: Old World 0.2.3! In this version, we have added many new provinces to the map, as we showed in our recent Dev Diary (you might notice it was marked as 0.2.2, I apologize for that). However, this is not the only change you will see in the game.

New story events now highlight the Reconquest of Acre by Israel and the Fall of Andorra from Catholic hands. As the ruler of Spain, you will also now be able to vassalize the Palmarian Pope, a choice that before was lacking. Many graphical changes have been included: a new gfx for the Sagrada Familia, the Union Jack as the flag of Britannia (yes, we will all miss the Code Geass reference, but I am sure you will agree the joke was getting a bit stale) and much more.

The Ovlatii religion now has 5 holy sites and we encourage you all to try it, and the same goes for Yarsani, whose quest to search for God has now been fixed. New cultures, new events, new localizations and much, much more to discover in After the End: Old World 0.2.3

Here are the direct links.
MEGA: https://mega.nz/file/9A0xhCxB#tlQ0Y9cWP5VUDtK86p1cAn9NFfpoD6JaA7rZiVzWTag
Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WBkuza4NLXwG8FJNY6mw3025_fpUqfLi/view?usp=sharing

-Israeli cultural titles

-Albanian Cultural titles

-Fixes to loading screen tips

-Soitoskan migration added

-Levantine Arabs replaced in Sinai by Misri and Bedouin Arabs

-Tirabin Bedouin Clan reference

-Konkani localisations

-Konkani formable empire Indian State

-Fixed Iranian Names

-Cultural names for all of Israel in case of Crusads and Jihads

-Fixes to Poland

-Transcaucasia formable

-More provinces in Poland

-Kashubians and Sorbians added

-Elective only Nobelians

-Israeli diaspora events only occur around Mediterranean, Black Sea and Arabian peninsula

-Able to Borrow from Israeli Merchants

-Removed Sephardi and Ashkenazi diaspora events,

-Added an Israeli Diversity event. Israelis can now appear as any jewish ethnicity with certain ones being more dominant than others.

-Maldives now looks like Atolls

-Fix to Jojo event characters

-Rule to prevent Fitna Fracture events actually works now (Woooo)

-Fitna Fracture events take longer to take effect 4 years for 2 rebellions and 5 years for 1 rebellion

-Teutonic Knights removed

-Kashubia Formable added

-Wendia Formable added

-Tang Empire formable added for the Hui

-New society icons

-Parliamentary laws

-Galician moved to Lusophone

-Changes to Tel-Aviv characters

-Changes to Jewish description

-Bnei Menash added in east india

-Update to third temple desc

-Reduced number of Israeli provinces

-Jewish schools added

-New rivers added

-Impassable terrain added

-Bhutan Courtier event

-Swamps added

-Andorra has fallen event

-Acre retaken event

-Shattered Star event

-Somalia is now a kingdom

-New interface for OWC

-Rarer Diaspora events overall

-Peasant Noble trait

-Lowborn trait

-Random Zarist relics

-New provinces in Iran

-New provinces in Somalia

-Jerusalem-Israel-Palestine now Dynamically switch places

-Hessian culture now exists

-Romansch cultural titles

-Oligarchies balanced

-Metro landmarks

-Thelemite interface

-Ancient history for Bhutan

-Fixed the Yarsani search for god

-No holy order leaders of Confederations

-Fixed Slovenia

-More provinces in southern Finland

-Removed papal tiara

-Eru L’Auteur!!!!!!

-Different types of Catholic rites

-Arambiz bloodline for forming Al-Sunta’kum

-Fix to Ibadi

-Changed Britannia flag

-Low Saxon is now Low German

-West and east Pomerania and Kaliningrad

-Kaliningraders added

-Ovlatii holy sites

-many new retinues

-new credits

-Vassalize the Palmarian papacy

-Sagrada Familia gfx Icon

• 3Like
Reactions:
Did that ring quest chain for the novelists ever end up being a thing? Or otherwise getting the hat of asterix on reforming the faith if you make your character its head?