• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rafek

First Lieutenant
37 Badges
Oct 21, 2011
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines
Last edited:
Seems cool, only thing there seems to be wrong is in the Opinion of liege tooltip, it says "broke free" when it should say "break free"

Hello!

Thank you for mentioning that issue.

I stated in "Updates" section that the language errors visible on the screenshots have been fixed. I am sorry for my language quality, I'm not the native speaker.

Hey,

Updated to 0.2 with character's skill changes on successful Ambition completion, as well as on cancellation.

Hey Rafek. Really nice, once the game is released I will put this one in as soon as possible. Though I personally I think the title is too grand, something like ''.. the Rebel'', ''.. the Independent'', ''.. the Militant'' or ''.. the Insurgent'' (though these last two fit more when the old liege is of a different culture or perhaps a Tyrant)

I was also wondering how much effort it takes to mod an Ambition, since right now there are not that many of them and if that is the case with the full game I will be modding in some myself if thats not too hard.

Cheers for the nice work!

Hey Rafek. Really nice, once the game is released I will put this one in as soon as possible. Though I personally I think the title is too grand, something like ''.. the Rebel'', ''.. the Independent'', ''.. the Militant'' or ''.. the Insurgent'' (though these last two fit more when the old liege is of a different culture or perhaps a Tyrant)

I was also wondering how much effort it takes to mod an Ambition, since right now there are not that many of them and if that is the case with the full game I will be modding in some myself if thats not too hard.

Cheers for the nice work!

Hello Sam!

Thank you for your kind words.

In my humble opinion, Ambitions are really easy-to-moderate (in worst case) in regards to modding them, depending on how many things you would like to include. The biggest difficulty is to divide the changes between different files versus effects (i.e. Objectives and Casus Beli ones). I would say for anyone who is familiar with the file structure, the operators from the previous games - it will take not much time. I am myself just the beginner user.

Thank you for the titles suggestions, I will try to adopt them in the next release.

I'm confused. Why can't you become independent without this plot? Can't you DOW with the Independence CB? Or the Depose Liege CB if you want to take over?

Hello Secret Master,

You are free to use just the way explained by you, it will all work fine and nice.

The Ambition added by me, is just to add a little bit more "taste" to the game for persons interested into incorporating the actual ambition into their plans for the gameplay. It is totally optional to use and only up to your own discretion.

Hello Secret Master,

You are free to use just the way explained by you, it will all work fine and nice.

The Ambition added by me, is just to add a little bit more "taste" to the game for persons interested into incorporating the actual ambition into their plans for the gameplay. It is totally optional to use and only up to your own discretion.

I see, I misunderstood. I thought you were making a plot to become independent. It's an ambition, so it fires when you are successful. That makes more sense, actually, and I fail at reading. :)

Nice idea, although I think those stat increases are... generous, to say the least! That's a total of +16, if you aren't already ambitious. I think that the ambitious trait by itself would be a fine reward.

Nice idea, although I think those stat increases are... generous, to say the least! That's a total of +16, if you aren't already ambitious. I think that the ambitious trait by itself would be a fine reward.

Thank you for your feedback Hroppa,

It is always difficult to balance the stuff properly, that is why its great to post different adjustments.

I will indeed lower the skills changes, I forgot about how much is being given in the Ambitious trait. Currently thinking of just leaving +1 to Diplomacy.

Last edited:
Updated to 0.3a, lowered the rewards slightly and updated the title (thx Hroppa and Samitte).

Cool idea!

Just a question, is this an ambition or an actual plot you can invite others to? If not a plot, from what I've seen of the modding data should be doable for a future version? and I think if vassals didn't like their liege it would be a good way to stomp on him / weaken him by supporting another vassal going independent. Sending a letter and giving the liege an option of just agreeing to it to avoid a war with other backers.

Cool idea!

Just a question, is this an ambition or an actual plot you can invite others to? If not a plot, from what I've seen of the modding data should be doable for a future version? and I think if vassals didn't like their liege it would be a good way to stomp on him / weaken him by supporting another vassal going independent. Sending a letter and giving the liege an option of just agreeing to it to avoid a war with other backers.

Hello Lemmy,

Yes, it is indeed just an ambition, not a plot itself :)

Thx for your interest :)

Hey,very interesting mod!
This simple modifier allow a new way to play the game as a vassall. Good work :)

Glad you liked it Zalan, have fun :)