• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EOOQE

NBRT+ Creator
16 Badges
Mar 20, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
nbrtlogo.png

Version 0.1 for Historical Immersion Project
Version 0.1 for Vanilla
Returns January 2015
Welcome to the NEW NBRT+ Thread :cool:

In the future i will give here all infos , changelogs and , of course , screenshots of my new version of NBRT+ for the Historical Immersion Project.

###################################################################################################
Main Features of NBRT+HIP are :
  • New Borders (smaller, more detailed, coloured)
  • New Rivers (new textured, new size, new "water flow")
  • New Textures (complete new set of textures for HIP, including specials like : Farmlands, Tundra, Roadnetwork)
  • New Terrain Map including Custom Colour Map (featuring Landmarks like : Cliffs of Dover, Hadrianswall, Mount Vesuvio, Gibraltar Rock and many more)
  • New Trees (3 different Colours, different Sizes , new Treemap , more variation)
  • Resize of many Objects to fit better in the world (Republic Trade Harbours, Council Members, etc)
  • and many more tweaks and little gizmos for your "eye candy" pleasure
####################################################################

NBRT+ Compatibility Checklist :

NB+(NewBorders) : Vanilla CK2 / SWMH MOD : Fully compatible
NR+(NewRivers) : Vanilla CK2 / SWMH MOD : on Vanilla Colours are not fitting 100%
NT+(NewTextures) : Vanilla CK2 / SWMH MOD : only Vanilla replaced Textures are compatible(Coloures not adjusted), new ones will cause glitches ! Terrain and Colour map not edited for Vanilla
Interface and Terrain Files(.gfx,.txt) : Vanilla CK2 / SWMH MOD : May cause Glitches and BUGS

NBRT+LIGHT V.02 for Vanilla CK2 2.1.1 ROI / New Version returns January 2015

including :
  • - NB+(NewBorders)
  • - NR+(NewRivers)
  • - NT+(NewTrees)
  • - NW+(NewWater)

NO New Textures , NO Terrain Map and Colormaps
This Version is only meant to play with Vanilla or other Mods that DONT USE SWMH.
For SWMH use NBRT+HIP

Download : NBRT+LIGHT V.02

Here are some Screenshots of NBRT+HIP V.01 :

Screenshot comparison (from left to right) : Vanilla , SWMH , SWMH powered by NBRT+

Last edited:
Reactions:
Nice to have you back. :)

Nice, I really like the way it looks.

What projection are you using? It really annoyed me how inconsistent vanilla is.
SWMH (the map mod EOOQE develops NBRT+ primarily for) uses vanilla's projection. However, the coast lines are vastly improved.
And in the next version (note: not the HIP first release version) they're changing the projection in the eastern parts of the map.
What projection they're using in that area I'm afraid I don't know, but it certainly looks better. They might be able to answer in more detail.

Reactions:
Sexual pleasure for the eyes... those border *drools*

Edit: this is the sort of quality you expect from the funded company that makes the game not some third party that does it in his spare time....

I can't really see the what is different, perhaps if I see a before and after… I think I will try it out…
But you say new borders? Does that mean new provinces?

I can't really see the what is different, perhaps if I see a before and after… I think I will try it out…
But you say new borders? Does that mean new provinces?

You cant see any differens ? Man, now im sad :sad:
NewBorders+ are a part of NBRT+ , its a gfx mod for the borders of the world, make them smaller, less blocky , coloured, etc
The new provinces are part of SWMH

Here a comparsion screenshot of Vanilla , SWMH only and SWMH powered by NBRT+:

Last edited:
You should post Meneth's half NBRT+ - half vanilla pic he made in the SWMH thread.

Ah, ok, now I can better see it - don't be sad about my comment, I just didn't want to go "WOOOW, AMAZING WORK!" and lie, when I couldn't really tell what had been changed! (Or at least wasn't completely sure about it)
But yeah, it looks great, very "lifelike"…

Can I still use it, even if I don't have that SWMH installed?

Nice! Can I use this on an existing savegame with SWMH and PB (files from last week)?

I presume I can since it doesn't seem to change any borders physically, but you never know.

As often asked i made a short Compatibility Checklist for NBRT+

NBRT+ Compatibility Checklist :

NB+(NewBorders) : Vanilla CK2 / SWMH MOD : Fully compatible
NR+(NewRivers) : Vanilla CK2 / SWMH MOD : on Vanilla Colours are not fitting 100%
NT+(NewTextures) : Vanilla CK2 / SWMH MOD : only Vanilla replaced Textures are compatible(Coloures not adjusted), new ones will cause glitches ! Terrain and Colour map not edited for Vanilla
Interface and Terrain Files(.gfx,.txt) : Vanilla CK2 / SWMH MOD : May cause Glitches and BUGS