• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not sure if I understand. I have to download all of Historical Immersion Project to get this? There is no other link apparently.

I just want to use PB + ARKO + This. Nothing else. Is that not possible or?

Not possible atm, sorry.
Only HIP Version is done and included in all HIP Versions.
Next Version of NBRT+ will be for HIP of course and their will be a standalone Version for next Version of SWMH.

A Vanilla Version is planed but will never have all features , sorry.

Not possible atm, sorry.
Note that EOOQE specifically means that downloading separately isn't possible.
Using only PB+ARKO+NBRT+ is possible. The installer lets you disable any module you want, so you can simply disable SWMH and VIET.
Though do note that since NBRT+ is made primarily for SWMH, it won't be quite as good as with SWMH. Obviously still a big improvement over vanilla though.

Note that EOOQE specifically means that downloading separately isn't possible.
Using only PB+ARKO+NBRT+ is possible. The installer lets you disable any module you want, so you can simply disable SWMH and VIET.
Though do note that since NBRT+ is made primarily for SWMH, it won't be quite as good as with SWMH. Obviously still a big improvement over vanilla though.

I do not think that worked for me, I installed only NBRT+ out of all the modules but I still had the "HIP.mod" file only. Which I enabled but, NBRT was not enabled.

Not possible atm, sorry.
Only HIP Version is done and included in all HIP Versions.
Next Version of NBRT+ will be for HIP of course and their will be a standalone Version for next Version of SWMH.

A Vanilla Version is planed but will never have all features , sorry.
Any chance of a version for vanilla that just changes the borders? If I recall correctly, there was an older version of this mod that did that (and possibly a few other things), without changing the checksum. A variant like that, that would be usable in otherwise vanilla multiplayer, would be most welcome, when you get around to doing a vanilla version.

Any chance of a version for vanilla that just changes the borders? If I recall correctly, there was an older version of this mod that did that (and possibly a few other things), without changing the checksum. A variant like that, that would be usable in otherwise vanilla multiplayer, would be most welcome, when you get around to doing a vanilla version.

A simple NBRT+ Version just with NB+(NewBorders) and NR+(NewRivers) would be no problem.
Call it a "light" Version then or so ... should be ready soon.

EDIT :

##################################################
NBRT+LIGHT V.01 for Vanilla
##################################################

including :
  • - NB+(NewBorders)
  • - NR+(NewRivers)
  • - NT+(NewTrees)
  • - NW+(NewWater)

NO New Textures , NO Terrain Map and Colormaps
This Version is only meant to play with Vanilla or other Mods that DONT USE SWMH.
For SWMH use NBRT+HIP

Downloadlink in Startpost !

Last edited:
Thanks for breaking out the vanilla parts for people. I will suggest that people on their own take a look at your new atlas_normal0.dds and atlas0.dds files because even on the vanilla color/terrain maps it looks super good. I made a custom one based on vanilla and painterly and it looks nice, of course not nearly as good as your custom maps but tons better than unmodded. :)

Awesome, thank you! I'll be giving this a go as soon as my new headphones are delivered.

Feature Overview of next Version of NBRT+ for HIP :

• - Next Version will be ONLY for SWMH/HIP
  • - Complete new terrain , hight and color maps with custom Color Index Palette
  • - All New Textures for terrains (25 different , instead of Vanilla 16)
  • - Including Textures for : Shelf Ice and Mountain Snow, 4 Types of Deserts/Sand , different Mountain Textures for Finnland/Alps/Italy/Spain etc, and many more
  • - New terrain.txt with proper attrition for all new terrain types
  • - Several Landmarks all over the Map...
Here are WIP Screen :
(Terrain Map about 50% done )

Last edited:
Can't wait for the new version,good job :)

One suggestion,is it possible to add more hills and mountains in the central Balkans,that is the Serbia/Raska region ?

Here's a nice map where you can see how the region looks

Serbien_topo.png

Looks great but until VIET Immersion (CDC and CPR) is compatible with SWMH I think I'm out of luck, just don't think I can go back to no culture cities and the old portraits. When it come out I'll try it and see how it goes.

Looks great but until VIET Immersion (CDC and CPR) is compatible with SWMH I think I'm out of luck, just don't think I can go back to no culture cities and the old portraits. When it come out I'll try it and see how it goes.

CDC will be compatible with next Version of NBRT+ :eek:

You can use a portrait mod together with the Historical Immersion mod.

CDC will be compatible with next Version of NBRT+ :eek:
Yeah it just seems to me that the culture cities are so nice to look at it should be included. The problem with CDC and CPR is that they both use the cultures file (and portraits files) and they need to be in sync with whatever other mods your using. As of now CPR and CPR are NOT compatible with CK2 2.0.4 without a lot of tweaks/fixes, they are also NOT compatible with each other without fixing them (which I did for vanilla and it works great).

I looked at the SWMH cultures file and it seems a TON of work would be needed to get CPR to work and a good amount for CDC to truly work. All those added cultures need to line up and mix and match with all 3 mods.

I would love to see CPR and CDC and NBRT+ all working together. It would look amazing!

Yeah it just seems to me that the culture cities are so nice to look at it should be included. The problem with CDC and CPR is that they both use the cultures file (and portraits files) and they need to be in sync with whatever other mods your using. As of now CPR and CPR are NOT compatible with CK2 2.0.4 without a lot of tweaks/fixes, they are also NOT compatible with each other without fixing them (which I did for vanilla and it works great).

I looked at the SWMH cultures file and it seems a TON of work would be needed to get CPR to work and a good amount for CDC to truly work. All those added cultures need to line up and mix and match with all 3 mods.

I would love to see CPR and CDC and NBRT+ all working together. It would look amazing!
some time ago I did a little patch to CPR and it should work well

some time ago I did a little patch to CPR and it should work well
Hmmm, I'll take a look. I had to fix up a good amount of stuff in a few files to get CPR all updated to 2.0.3/4. Did you go through and do the same? When I looked at the SWMH file there were tons and tons of entries that would have to be matched up with CPR. Too be honest there were so many new and different cultures incorporating the CPR changes seemed near impossible. I am using Winmerge to compare and contrast. Then to top it off to get all those cultures to line up with CDC is even harder. You would probably have to make tons of "place holder" cultures portrait files to get all the correct city types to appear.

Ok, I took a look there are still a good amount of desrepencies between the latest SWHM cultures files and yours. I'd have to go through line by line and see what's up.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the light version, really great work...
The new textures and terrain map, will they in the future be included in this "light/vanilla" version?

Just here to say the map looks amazing , thank you for the mod i have no idea what you did but you did it well ! It looks amazing. Using HIP with SWMH and PB. Keep up the good work.