[Mod] More AI Personalities - Tons of various new personalities for AI Empires!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've a few ideas for gestalt empires, but I haven't had much motivation to work on my Stellaris mods these days other than to maintain them for updates, so if and when I do get the inspiration, we'll see if I will try putting those in.
Yeah, I know what you mean, I just recently got over a period of being burned out.

Here's one:
Desperate Proselytizers: an empire based around a religion that believes the only way to salvation is through winning converts. Very friendly to the point of being needy. Really wants migration treaties, will always invade or uplift primitives. Xenophile Death Cults will likely be this.

Here's one:
Desperate Proselytizers: an empire based around a religion that believes the only way to salvation is through winning converts. Very friendly to the point of being needy. Really wants migration treaties, will always invade or uplift primitives. Xenophile Death Cults will likely be this.

So basically a more benign version of the various cult-like personalities... Doesn't sound like a bad idea, I'll keep it handy.

Huh.
So I went and looked, and AI personalities apparently apply tech balance in vanilla? Like some types will prefer shields over armor, etc. Does something similar happen here?

Yup, if the code works as I think it should, some personalities might weight more heavily towards shields than armor or vice versa. If you look in my code you should see relevant lines for that.

New update up! This is a kinda big update, as somehow, I found it in me to... add in a new personality for the first time in literally two years (last time was in December 2018), the Zestful Orators. They represent a species who take the arts of debating, rhetoric, and diplomacy rather seriously.

Since my motivation to do Stellaris modding is not that high the past couple years, no guarantees if I'll add any other new personalities in the near future, but hey, something is better than nothing. Manual download is also available in the first post for those who use that.

Changelog:

• Added new personality: Zestful Orators
  • Haughty Supremacists can now spawn with the Materialist ethos
  • Made Inspired Dreamers much more aggressive and foolhardy
  • Necrophage Origin, as well as Diplomatic Corps, Reanimated Armies, and Memorialist civics are now factored into personalities’ prerequisites and chances of appearing (see change notes for full list)
  • Fixed code in a number of areas to clean it up, including changing NOT blocks to NOR blocks where needed - this may affect the balance of personalities
  • Diplomatic Corps is now an alternate prerequisite for the following personalities: Cosmopolitan Imperials, Nonaligned Preservationists, Xenial Merrymakers
  • Diplomatic Corps will now prevent the following personalities from appearing: Bringers of Paradise, Outcast Pariahs, Proud Nationalists, Quiet Cultists, Reclusive Hermits, Totalitarian Patriots
  • Diplomatic Corps now increases the chances of the following personalities appearing: Adventure Seekers, Benign Spirits, Cultivated Scholar-Gentry, Generous Philanthropists, Insidious Opportunists, Inspired Dreamers, Sublime Porte, Valiant Hearts
  • Diplomatic Corps now decreases the chances of the following personalities appearing: Defenders of the Faith, Elitist Snobs, Haughty Supremacists, Naive Appeasers
  • Necrophage Origin is now an alternate prerequisite for: Bringers of Paradise, Quiet Cultists, Sadistic Loremasters
  • Necrophage Origin now prevents the following personalities: Benign Spirits, Carefree Hippies, Naive Appeasers, Nonaligned Preservationists, Total Nutcases, Xenial Merrymakers
  • Necrophage Origin now increases chances of the following personalities: Flowers of War, Haughty Supremacists, Quiet Cultists, Unfathomable Artificers
  • Necrophage Origin now decreases chances of the following personalities: Aspiring Precursors, Cultivated Scholar-Gentry, Enforcers of Law
  • Death Cult now is now an alternate prerequisite for: Bringers of Paradise, Quiet Cultists, Sadistic Loremasters
  • Death Cult now prevents the following personalities: Benign Spirits, Carefree Hippies, Cultivated Scholar-Gentry, Surgeons of Beauty, Xenial Merrymakers
  • Death Cult now increases chances of the following personalities: Bloodthirsty Hordes, Dwellers in the Ephemeral, Flowers of War, Elitist Snobs, Princes of Madness
  • Death Cult now decreases chances of the following personalities: Enforcers of Law, Naive Appeasers, Valiant Hearts
  • Reanimated Armies is now an alternate prerequisite for: Sadistic Loremasters
  • Reanimated Armies now prevents the following personalities: Nonaligned Preservationists, Valiant Hearts
  • Reanimated Armies now increases chances of the following personalities: Bringers of Paradise, Outcast Pariahs, Quiet Cultists, Sadistic Loremasters
  • Reanimated Armies now decreases chances of the following personalities: Cosmopolitan Imperials, Generous Philanthropists, Surgeons of Beauty
  • Memorialists is now an alternate prerequisite for: Aspiring Precursors, Cultivated Scholar-Gentry, Plunderers of Knowledge, Sadistic Loremasters, Storytelling Aficionados, Studious Builders
  • Memorialists now prevents the following personalities: Hedonistic Visionaries
  • Memorialists now increases chances of the following personalities: Aspiring Precursors, Efficient Bureaucrats, Flowers of War, Haughty Supremacists, Melodious Composers, Nonaligned Preservationists, Reclusive Hermits, Sadistic Loremasters, Storytelling Aficionados, Trapped in a Machine, Unfathomable Artificers, Valiant Hearts
  • Memorialists now decreases chances of the following personalities: Dwellers in the Ephemeral, Elitist Snobs, Inspired Dreamers, Surgeons of Beauty, Totalitarian Patriots

• 3Like
Reactions:
I've tried starting several new games and haven't seen a new personality yet. I'm using the latest version of Stellaris and have the mod installed. I don't think it's a compatibility issue: the other mods I have are:
-Gulli's Planetary Modifiers
-Real Space
-Real Space New frontiers
-More Events
-More Political Diversity.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?
Move the personalities mod to the bottom of the list and try again.

If that works, something in your list had been over-writing the files used by the personalities mod.

Move the personalities mod to the bottom of the list and try again.

If that works, something in your list had been over-writing the files used by the personalities mod.

Thanks for the tip!

Turns out it was a problem with Steam not downloading mods. Solved by uninstalling and reinstalling Steam.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Nothing much to say here - new update for new vanilla patch. Manual install included in the first page as usual.

Changelog:

Nothing, I just changed the version number to reflect 3.0/Dick (so you could've played with it fine before). I'm kinda surprised there wasn't anything to update given all the massive changes. There's not even any new civics/traits so I don't have to worry about that either.

I think you forgot to add the Elitist Snobs to the room texture file.
Thank you for the great mod, I really enjoy it!
Thanks for the heads up! I'll make a note to fix that for the next update.

Reactions:

Just another maintanence update, this time for the 3.1 patch. There has been a major fix to war declaration localization across the board, which has for whatever reason eluded my notice for the past 5+ years until someone pointed it out to me a few months back. Manual download in first post as usual.

Changelog:

• Updated to 3.1/Lem
  • Massive localization fix for war declarations across the board - they should now correctly reference whoever is declaring the war and the target
  • Fixed Elitist Snobs not having a room texture file
  • Miscellaneous bugfixes

• 1Like
Reactions:

Another routine update, this time to make sure the new traits, civics, etc. added by the Lem patch will account for the personalities added by the mod when determining if and how likely they'll spawn. Manual download is provided in the first post as always.

Changelog:
  • Idyllic Bloom increases the chances of Benign Spirits, Bringers of Paradise, Flowers of War, and Inspired Dreamers
  • Idyllic Bloom decreases the chances of Hopeless Pessimists, Insecure Imitators, and Outcast Pariahs
  • Clone Army is now an alternate requirement for Enforcers of Law, Slave Soldiers, and Valiant Hearts
  • Clone Army increases the chances of Defenders of the Faith and Savage Raiders
  • Pleasure Seekers is now an alternate requirement for Carefree Hippies, Connoisseurs of Food, Depraved Breeders, Hedonistic Visionaries, Surgeons of Beauty, and Xenial Merrymakers
  • Pleasure Seekers prevents Hopeless Pessimists, Reclusive Hermits, and Trapped in a Machine
  • Pleasure Seekers increases the chances of Depraved Breeders, Hedonistic Visionaries, Inspired Dreamers, and Lazy Managers
  • Masterful Craftsmen is now an alternate requirement for Studious Builders and Unfathomable Artificers
  • Masterful Craftsmen increases the chances of Aspiring Precursors, Benign Spirits, Cosmopolitan Imperials, Haughty Supremacists, Hedonistic Visionaries, Middle Kingdom, Outcast Pariah, Sadistic Loremasters, and Surgeons of Beauty
  • Masterful Craftsmen decreases the chances of Civilized Nomads, Insecure Imitators, Quiet Cultists, Slave Soldiers, Totalitarian Patriots, and Total Nutcases

• 2Like
Reactions:

Officially updated to 3.2 patch/Herbert. The new civics/traits/etc. added in 3.2 won't influence the chances of various personalities appearing yet, but I will do a small update this weekend to account for that. Manual installation available in first post as usual for anyone who's still using that.

Changelog:
  • Updated to vanilla patch 3.2/Herbert
  • Changed weapon preferences for some personalities to explosives: Connoisseurs of Food, Efficient Bureaucrats, Hedonistic Visionaries, Princes of Madness, Total Nutcases, Xenial Merrymakers
  • Changed weapon preferences for some personalities to strikecraft: Bloodthirsty Hordes, Depraved Breeders, Flowers of War, Insecure Imitators, Outcast Paraiahs, Slave Traders
  • Fixed several background rooms not showing up properly
  • Miscellaneous bugfixes

• 2Like
Reactions:

Just a routine update, not much else to say. Manual install available in first post as usual for those who prefer that.

Changelog:
  • Updated to patch 3.3./Libra
  • Indentured Servitude is now an alternative prerequisite for Slave Traders
  • Reduced chances of aspiring precursors, non-aligned preservationists, and generous philanthropists appearing

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thank-you for keeping this up to date

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 5Like
Reactions:

Routine update for the new patch. Manual installation provided in the first post like usual for the couple folks who use that. I'm currently busy with CK3 modding, but when I have time in the near future, I'll do an update for MAP to account for the new traits/civics in the personality balance.

Changelog:
  • Updated to patch 3.5/Fornax

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: