[Mod] More AI Personalities - Tons of various new personalities for AI Empires!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Howdy, I found a minor bug while going through the code. The MAP_personalities.txt entry for the Middle Kingdom lacks quotation marks around the weight-decreasing entry for the "nomadic" trait. It looks like this:

modifier = {
factor = -1
has_trait = trait_nomadic
}

I don't know if it matters, iust thought I'd point it out. I'm attempting a patch to use with Just More Traits (my very first modding attempt).

Updated to Wolfe/Ancient Relics. Thankfully it appears vanilla didn't mess much with the personalities code, but do let me know if there are any issues.

Manual upload available in first post as always.

Changelog:
  • Updated to Wolfe/Ancient Relics
  • Probably a few other tweaks/fixes I forgot

Howdy, I found a minor bug while going through the code. The MAP_personalities.txt entry for the Middle Kingdom lacks quotation marks around the weight-decreasing entry for the "nomadic" trait. It looks like this:

modifier = {
factor = -1
has_trait = trait_nomadic
}

I don't know if it matters, iust thought I'd point it out. I'm attempting a patch to use with Just More Traits (my very first modding attempt).

Sorry for the late response, I forget about this thread. Anyways, I don't think it makes a difference, but if it does I'll fix it in the next update.

Updated to Shelley/2.5. Changelog is as follows:
  • Updated to 2.5/Shelley
  • Increased Patronizing Colonizer willingness for migration treaties
  • Decreased Proud Nationalist willingness for migration treaties
  • Reduced Nonaligned Preservationists unwillingness for defensive pacts and research agreements
  • Scintillating Skin trait is now an alternate trait requirement for Surgeons of Beauty
  • Scintillating Skin trait now increases chances of the following personalities appearing: Elitist Snobs, Hedonistic Visionaries, Sadistic Loremasters, Surgeons of Beauty, Unfathomable Artificers
  • Scintillating Skin trait now decreases chances of the following personalities appearing: Hopeless Pessimists, Insecure Imitators, Outcast Pariahs
  • Gaseous Byproducts trait now trait now increases chances of the following personalities appearing: Carefree Hippies, Depraved Breeders, Hedonistic Visionaries, Outcast Pariahs, Quiet Cultists, Sadistic Loremasters, Total Nutcases, Warrior Mystics
  • Gaseous Byproducts trait now trait now decreases chances of the following personalities appearing: Enforcers of Law, Inspired Dreamers, Surgeons of Beauty
  • Volatile Excrement trait now trait now increases chances of the following personalities appearing: Flowers of War, Hopeless Pessimists, Outcast Pariahs, Savage Raiders, Unfathomable Artificers
  • Volatile Excrement trait now trait now decreases chances of the following personalities appearing: Elitist Snobs, Studious Builders, Surgeons of Beauty
  • Fixed missing opinion modifier from vanilla

@cybrxkhan

While I might be missing something I need to fix, your mods are still coming up as being for 2.4 and not for 2.5 in the launcher. (I'm on Steam)
Just pointing this out in case you might've missed a file to change or I missed something I need to fix or a bug report for PDX to fix. :p

@Rippen_Tehr Hmm that's odd... in my code it clearly displays that it's for 2.5. Maybe try unsubscribing, restarting steam, and then subscribing again, and seeing if that works.

Ok, I resolved the issue. I had to delete all of the text files in the Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod folder along with the mod_registry.json folder, and when it was all re-populated by opening the game again, it shows as being for 2.5 as it should.

Here's two I thought of:

Snobby Pacifists:
- (Fanatic) Pacifists, (Fanatic) Spiritualists
- Increased chance if: Traditional, Idealistic Foundation
Snobby Pacifists believe that if you have to declare war, then you have already lost the spiritual battle. They are very willing to accept non-agression pacts, but behave as normal for all other agreements. However, if you ever declare a war, their opinion of you will be destroyed, permanently (Defensive wars are fine, being dragged into a war by an ally is also fine). Very 'holier than thou' society.

Well-Meaning Birdbrains
- (Fanatic) Xenophile, any authoritarian government
- Increased chance if: Fleeting, Deviants
The Well-Meaning Birdbrains are a very pleasant race, but seem to be operating without a full deck. They are extremely willing to accept any and all pacts/agreements. They are also very likely to break said agreements at any time, for no reason. It's a miracle such a flighty race ever made it to the stars, and given their lack of ambition, it's unlikely that they will be around for too long.

Updated to Verne/2.7.

New version up! To my surprise there wasn't much difference between the patches for the personality code, so I finished this early. For those in quarantine and chill due to the Corona Virus, good luck, stay safe, and hopefully this will help keep you entertained!

Please be aware that I have NOT accounted for all the new origins, civics, etc., and I will be working on that sometime later this week.

Changelog is as follows:
  • Updated to 2.6/Verne
  • Slightly increased the chances of Defenders of the Faith, Insidious Opportunists, and Sublime Porte appearing

Here's two I thought of:

Snobby Pacifists:
- (Fanatic) Pacifists, (Fanatic) Spiritualists
- Increased chance if: Traditional, Idealistic Foundation
Snobby Pacifists believe that if you have to declare war, then you have already lost the spiritual battle. They are very willing to accept non-agression pacts, but behave as normal for all other agreements. However, if you ever declare a war, their opinion of you will be destroyed, permanently (Defensive wars are fine, being dragged into a war by an ally is also fine). Very 'holier than thou' society.

Well-Meaning Birdbrains
- (Fanatic) Xenophile, any authoritarian government
- Increased chance if: Fleeting, Deviants
The Well-Meaning Birdbrains are a very pleasant race, but seem to be operating without a full deck. They are extremely willing to accept any and all pacts/agreements. They are also very likely to break said agreements at any time, for no reason. It's a miracle such a flighty race ever made it to the stars, and given their lack of ambition, it's unlikely that they will be around for too long.

Apologies for the late response - I like the Birdbrains, they sound like a nicer version of the Total Nutcases! Maybe in the future if I have the time and motivation I'll see if I can do something like that.

This new update mainly includes a lot of code that changes the chances of the personalities appearing and their prerequisites to also account for the new Origins now.

2.8 changelog:

• Slightly decreased the chances of Benign Spirits and Plunderers of Knowledge appearing
  • Docile trait is now an alternate prerequisite for Naive Appeasers
  • Docile trait now prevents the following personalities: Depraved Breeders, Guerilla Fighters, Princes of Madness, and Total Nutcases
  • Docile trait now increases chances of the following personalities: Enforcers of Law, Hopeless Pessimists, Lazy Managers, Naive Appeasers, Quiet Cultists, Reclusive Hermits, and Totalitarian Patriots
  • Docile trait now decreases chances of the following personalities: Adventure Seekers, Hedonistic Visionaries, Savage Raiders, and Xenial Merrymakers
  • Unruly trait is now an alternate prerequisite for the following personalities: Depraved Breeders, Hedonistic Visionaries, Proud Nationalists, and Total Nutcases
  • Unruly trait now prevents Enforcers of Law
  • Unruly trait now increases the chances of the following personalities: Carefree Hippies, Depraved Breeders, Hedonistic Visionaries, Princes of Madness, Proud Nationalists, Total Nutcases, and Xenial Merrymakers
  • Unruly trait now decreases the chances of the following personalities: Cultivated Scholar-Gentry, Efficient Bureaucrats, Middle Kingdom, Sublime Porte, and Totalitarian Patriots
  • Common Ground Origin is now an alternate prerequisite for the following personalities: Aspiring Precursors, Naive Appeasers, and Nonaligned Preservationists
  • Common Ground Origin now prevents the following personalities from appearing: Bringers of Paradise, Quiet Cultists, Reclusive Hermits, Slave Soldiers, Slave Traders, Totalitarian Patriots
  • Common Ground Origin now increases chances of the following personalities: Aspiring Precursors, Benign Spirits, Efficient Bureaucrats, Generous Philanthropists, Insidious Opportunists, Inspired Dreamers, Naive Appeasers, Nonaligned Preservationists, Valiant Hearts, Xenial Merrymakers
  • Common Ground Origin now decreases chances of the following personalities: Elitist Snobs, Haughty Supremacists, Hedonistic Visionaries, Hopeless Pessimists, Patronizing Colonizers, Proud Nationalists, Sadistic Loremasters, Savage Raiders, and Unfathomable Artificers
  • Doomsday Origin is now an alternate prerequisite for Dwellers in the Ephemeral
  • Doomsday Origin now increases chances of the following personalities: Bringers of Paradise, Dwellers in the Ephemeral, Hopeless Pessimists, Plunderers of Knowledge, Quiet Cultists, Valiant Hearts
  • Doomsday Origin now prevents the following personalities from appearing: Carefree Hippies, Inspired Dreamers, and Lazy Managers
  • Doomsday Origin now decreases chances of the following personalities: Adventure Seekers, Haughty Supremacists, and Reclusive Hermits
  • Hegemon Origin is now an alternate prerequisite for the following personalities: Aspiring Precursors, Cosmopolitan Imperials, and Patronizing Colonizers
  • Hegemon Origin now prevents the following personalities from appearing: Naive Appeasers, Quiet Cultists, and Reclusive Hermits
  • Hegemon Origin now increases the chances of the following personalities: Aspiring Precursors, Cosmopolitan Imperials, Elitist Snobs, Flowers of War, Generous Philanthropists, Haughty Supremacists, Insidious Opportunists, Middle Kingdom, Patronizing Colonizers, Sadistic Loremasters, Sublime Porte
  • Hegemon Origin now decreases the chances of the following personalities: Guerilla Fighters, Nonaligned Preservationists, Outcast Paraiahs, Total Nutcases, and Xenial Merrymakers
  • Lost Colony Origin now increases chances of the following personalities: Adventure Seekers, Carefree Hippies, Inspired Dreamers, and Outcast Pariahs
  • On the Shoulders of Giants is now an alternative prerequisite for Aspiring Precursors
  • On the Shoulders of Giants now increases the chances of Aspiring Precursors
  • Remnants Origin is now an alternate prerequisite for the following personalities: Patronizing Colonizers, Splendid Isolationists, and Unfathomable Artificers
  • Remnants Origin now increases chances of the following personalities: Cosmopolitan Imperials, Elitist Snobs, Haughty Supremacists, Middle Kingdom, Nonaligned Preservationists, Patronizing Colonizers, Sadistic Loremasters, Splendid Isolationists, Storytelling Aficionados, Sublime Porte, and Unfathomable Artificers
  • Remnants Origin now prevents the following personalities from appearing: Carefree Hippies, Civilized Nomads, Insecure Imitators, and Lazy Managers
  • Remnants Origin now decreases the chances of the following personalities: Adventure Seekers, Depraved Breeders, and Naive Appeasers
  • Scion Origin now increases the chances of the following personalities: Aspiring Precursors, Cultivated Scholar-Gentry, Insecure Imitators, Naive Appeasers, Nonaligned Preservationists
  • Scion Origin now decreases the chances of the following personalities: Middle Kingdom, Reclusive Hermits, Quiet Cultists, Unfathomable Artificers
  • Scion Origin is now an alternate prerequisite for the following personalities: Aspiring Precursors, Insecure Imitators, and Nonaligned Preservationists
  • Scion Origin now prevents the following personalities from appearing: Bringers of Paradise, Elitist Snobs, Haughty Supremacists, and Patronizing Colonizers
  • Shattered Ring Origin is now an alternate prerequisite for Unfathomable Artificers
  • Fixed all mentions of Life Seeded, Mechanists, Post-Apocalyptic, and Syncretic Evolution in the code to account for them being origins and not civics now
  • Miscellaneous bugfixes

Additionally, if you haven't seen it on Steam Workshop, I've uploaded a new Stellaris mod called Basic Ordinary Origins, which adds in several new "default" origins akin to Prosperous Unification that have simple but flavorful effects, and are meant to give your game more variety; I've elected not to start a new thread on the forums, as it seems redundant given there isn't as much activity on the forums these days (though I still update this thread out of duty), so please check it out if you're interested!

Just a quick update to the Wells patch (though I think the 2.6 version of the mod runs fine with 2.7). Included a manual download on the first post for the two or three people who still use that.

Changelog is very small:

• Updated to 2.7/Wells
  • Hegemon Subordinates now increase the chances of Insidious Opportunists

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm having some weirdness with empires generated by this mod - specifically Total Nutcases, though Followers of the Way (which may be a MEM problem) also has it. The empire cannot be contacted without console commands, spawns with no empire name, etc. Using console commands to fix the two, but still irritating.

Possible causes: More Events Mod, the 4-civics mod I'm using, or the Space Communism Updated one.

I'm having some weirdness with empires generated by this mod - specifically Total Nutcases, though Followers of the Way (which may be a MEM problem) also has it. The empire cannot be contacted without console commands, spawns with no empire name, etc. Using console commands to fix the two, but still irritating.

Possible causes: More Events Mod, the 4-civics mod I'm using, or the Space Communism Updated one.

I don't have any personality called Followers of the Way, so if it's affecting those added in other mods, I'm suspecting it might not have to do with the code adding in personalities themselves. My code doesn't affect the code for how you meet Empires or the actual diplomacy process anyways (other than opinion modifiers), as it barely touches any vanilla code - most of the contact stuff is handled through various event code. I'm guessing it might be a bug related to something else. Maybe MEM might be the cause, since it's such a big mod with a lot of content, but it's also fairly polished, so I don't know for sure what could cause it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Had an idea for a personality requiring the Barbaric Despoiler civic: The Paranoid Collectors.
See, these guys think some kind of DOOOOOOM!!!!! is coming to the galaxy and so they focus on 'preserving' as many people as possible. And by that, I mean raiding other empires and stealing their pops.

I'm not sure how much of this mod is just flavor text and opinion modifiers, but if you change gameplay things, Paranoid Collectors would focus heavily on building habitats and other such 'universally inhabitable' structures to house stolen pops, and focus less on outright expansion beyond (very) heavily fortified borders.

Reactions:
Had an idea for a personality requiring the Barbaric Despoiler civic: The Paranoid Collectors.
See, these guys think some kind of DOOOOOOM!!!!! is coming to the galaxy and so they focus on 'preserving' as many people as possible. And by that, I mean raiding other empires and stealing their pops.

I'm not sure how much of this mod is just flavor text and opinion modifiers, but if you change gameplay things, Paranoid Collectors would focus heavily on building habitats and other such 'universally inhabitable' structures to house stolen pops, and focus less on outright expansion beyond (very) heavily fortified borders.

I do like that idea, actually - sounds like a more benevolent and reasonable version of the Trapped in the Machine personality. Unfortunately a lot of this mod is flavor text and opinion, though I can to some extent tweak AI preferences for a few things.

I have mainly just been maintaining the mod for now, but if I ever get inspiration to add in new content again, I'll keep this one on my to-do list.

This is just a simple maintanence update for the Butler patch/vanilla patch 2.8 that has a few minor tweaks.

Changelog:

• Updated to 2.8/Butler
  • Changed “Psychotic Hordes” to “Bloodthirsty Hordes”
  • Flowers of War, Plunderers of Knowledge, and Unfathomable Artificers now use the Runic throne room background
  • Adventure Seekers and Hopeless Pessimists now use the Scrappy throne room background
  • Quiet Cultists and Studious Builders now use the Gilded throne room background

• 1Like
Reactions:
Have you ever though of adding more personalities for gestalt empires? For instance, a friendly hive mind based on having the Empath civic?

Also, if you're ever looking for suggestions, here are two I've got:

Grim Nihilists: an empire that does its level best to just die. Extremely reduced military spending and reduced colony spending, but massively increased bravery to represent them throwing themselves to their deaths. Having the Doomsday origin would increase spawn chances.

Zealous Purgers: requires Fanatic Purifiers and Spiritualist ethos. As long as there are any non-genocidal empires in the galaxy, they get +1000 opinion (divine work) towards all genocidal empires. They believe that life is a mistake that must be eliminated, and thus those who work to eliminate it can be temporary allies.

@G S Palmer

I've a few ideas for gestalt empires, but I haven't had much motivation to work on my Stellaris mods these days other than to maintain them for updates, so if and when I do get the inspiration, we'll see if I will try putting those in.

Anyways, thanks for the ideas! The first is pretty similar actually to my Hopeless Pessimists work in practice (even if the flavor is a little different in motivation), and the second might be a workable idea if I can figure out a way to add in opinion modifiers for empires separately in a non-buggy way (never worked for me for some reason even though I think other mods have managed it).

• 1Like
Reactions: