[Mod] More AI Personalities - Tons of various new personalities for AI Empires!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
VERSION 1.4.3 is up, download on steam here!

This is an update to Bradbury/1.7.X. No new personalities, just a few tweaks. Anyways, didn't realize the one year anniversary of this mod passed by a few days ago on June 10. It's been fun seeing this mod grow and all, as unlike my namelist mod this one requires a bit more involved writing. Let's hope we'll see more fun personalities in the future!

Manual upload available in first post as always.

Changelog:
  • Updated to Bradbury/1.7.X
  • Reclusive Hermits now have -30 opinion with those who are both Spiritualist AND Militarist
  • Unfathomable Artificers now have additional -50 opinion with those who are Spiritualist
  • Fixed Reclusive Hermits not having 30 opinion bonus with those who are both Spiritualist and Pacifist

Last edited:
NOTE TO ANYONE WHO DOWNLOADED VERSION 1.4.3 YESTERDAY

Uploaded a new version to update the mod back to vanilla patch 1.6.X, given the devs reverted back to that version. Shouldn't be that big an issue given none of the code changes are relevant to my mod, but just a heads up in case anyone's OCD about seeing the red exclamation mark in the launcher. I've also updated the manual upload accordingly.

I come bearing new test data! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YA7SprB2oU5BQW17_uZ3kRjSb5qnyh0mECJPe96-exs/edit?usp=sharing

I ran twenty test games this time, so there should be a much larger sample size. I don't have much in the way of comments to offer. Things seem to be coming along nicely, although you're still probably going to get multiple Federation Builders in every game.

Thanks for the insights as always. I've noticed from my unscientific observations that there does seem to be a decent distribution of personalities, so I do feel they are at a satisfactory level atm, though still needing work for balance of course. Apparently with the Adams/Banks update, the distribution of vanilla personalities in vanilla ended up causing a number of personalities to become more common (in vanilla), such as Democratic Crusaders and Federation Builders, so I have to take that into consideration too. Did notice there were a few personalities that didn't show up in any game, so I'll have to take care of those. Also seems like you took note of personality ideas I scrapped and never added into the mod proper tho :p

Yeah, sorry about that. I was kind of behind on which personalities were actually in the mod and just went through the loc files to get a list.

No need to apologize, that's cool (there's a list in the first post and the steam workshop description, in case you ever need to look it up), was a bit surprised at first to see personalities I didn't recognize as mine or vanilla until I remember those were ones I'd axed (and/or might add in the future) :p

Thanks to this mod, I think I have stumbled onto the best combination of government and AI personality possible.

ZvVIKRU.png

VERSION 1.5.0 is up, download on steam here!

This is a quick update to the newest patch, I’ve done minimum testing to ensure it doesn’t cause your game to blow up. Please don’t hesitate to tell me if any personalities appear too much or too little with the new update, as MAP 1.5.0 is a quick hack job to ensure basic compatibility. Another update will come within the next week to iron out any kinks with adapting to the new features of Capek/1.8.0 such as recalibrating the balance of personalities. I hope to potentially add new lines of dialogue for when the various personalities I’ve added interact with the new robot empires. I haven’t played much Stellaris in the past few months so I’ve been kinda away, so thanks all for your patience!

Changelog:

• Updated to Capek/1.8.0
  • The following personalities will now attack neutrals (Enclaves, uncontacted empires, etc.): Bringers of Paradise, Experts in Xenocide, Psychotic Hordes, Totalitarian Patriots, Total Nutcases, Trapped in a Machine

So, I think there may be something unintentional happening with version 1.5.
The enclaves and primitive civilizations are getting some of the added personalities, such as Middle Kingdom, or Civilized Nomads.
On the other hand, it's actually rather neat to see them have personalities like that. Since it gives you a hint as to how primitives will act when they become spacefaring civilizations, and can grant some more flavour them all. It's neat to see one merchant enclave be Aspiring Precursors, while another are Generous Philanthropists.

Also fun to meet the Contingency and find they're Hopeless Pessimists. While making me laugh, it does actually fit with their goals.

So, I think there may be something unintentional happening with version 1.5.
The enclaves and primitive civilizations are getting some of the added personalities, such as Middle Kingdom, or Civilized Nomads.
On the other hand, it's actually rather neat to see them have personalities like that. Since it gives you a hint as to how primitives will act when they become spacefaring civilizations, and can grant some more flavour them all. It's neat to see one merchant enclave be Aspiring Precursors, while another are Generous Philanthropists.

Also fun to meet the Contingency and find they're Hopeless Pessimists. While making me laugh, it does actually fit with their goals.

I noticed that too actually but assumed it was something new added by the devs in 1.8/Capek, but upon comparing the code for my personalities with the vanilla personalities I realized I forgot to change some things in my code. I would keep it (for at least the primitive civilizations, it's some really nice flavor as you say), but sadly that would require messing with vanilla personalities and I want to maintain maximum compatibility.

This will definitely be fixed in the next update, so thanks for the heads up.

This will definitely be fixed in the next update, so thanks for the heads up.

No problem.

Would be interesting if you could make AI personalities that only showed up for Primitives, which could give hints to their future development, but still kept in a pre-FTL level.
Of course, that's probably more trouble than the added flavour would be worth.

Just a little preview of the next update, which will feature two new personalities,Quiet Cultists and Surgeons of Beauty. I'll release the next update whenever the devs roll out patch 1.8.2 officially.

EWMb3Ah.jpg

VERSION 1.5.1 is up, download on steam here!

New update for 1.8.2 patch.

This is sizeable update with a number of tweaks and additions. First off, two new personalities - Surgeons of Beauty and Quiet Cultists, which I had some fun writing up. I’ve also fixed the bug where some non-default AI such as primitives and enclaves would be assigned some of MAP’s personalities. Additionally, MAP’s personalities now account for the new Feudal Society and Corvee System when they spawn. For upcoming future updates, I am looking into possibly adding in new personalities for machine empires, as outside those using the three special civics, there is only one generic personality for the rest, but I’ll make no guarantees. I’m busy this week (job interview tomorrow!) so I’ll update the google docs sometime this weekend.

Changelog:

• Added two new personalities: Surgeons of Beauty and Quiet Cultists
  • Isolationist behavior added to the following personalities: Reclusive Hermits, Splendid Isolationists, Unfathomable Artificers, Totalitarian Patriots, Warrior Mystics
  • “Wants Tribute” behavior added to the following personalities: Civilized Nomads, Enterprising Corsairs, Flowers of War, Haughty Supremacists, Middle Kingdom, Savage Raiders, Slave Traders
  • Feudal Society is now a an alternate prerequisite for the following personalities: Slave Soldiers, Warrior Mystics, Cosmopolitan Imperials, Proud Nationalists
  • Corvee System is now an alternative prerequisite for the following personalities: Studious Builders, Plunderers of Knowledge
  • Corvee System now increases the chances of the following personalities appearing: Flowers of War, Sublime Porte, Middle Kingdom, Haughty Supremacists
  • Feudal Society now increases the chances of the following personalities appearing: Sublime Porte, Sadistic Loremasters, Middle Kingdom
  • Feudal Society will prevent the following personalities from appearing: Hedonistic Visionaries, Generous Philanthropists
  • Corvee System will prevent the following personalities from appearing: Hedonistic Visionaries, Generous Philanthropists
  • Decreased the chances Defenders of the Faith would appear with Militaristic ethos
  • Materialist is no longer a prerequisite for Studious Builders
  • Studious Builders now require either Authoritarian or Spiritualist ethos
  • Cutthroat Politics no longer increases the chances that Middle Kingdom will appear
  • Fixed bug where non-default AI such as primitives, enclaves, and the Contingency were being assigned personalities from MAP
  • Fixed typo in the throne room code that might have caused some bugs with throne rooms, especially Splendid Isolationists

Hi!

I wanted to report that I've found a bug, I noticed that Devouring Swarm does not have opinion penalty towards anyone, (the -1000) Only when the mod is enabled.

Otherwise, it is really enjoyable! Keep up with this ; )

Hi!

I wanted to report that I've found a bug, I noticed that Devouring Swarm does not have opinion penalty towards anyone, (the -1000) Only when the mod is enabled.

Otherwise, it is really enjoyable! Keep up with this ; )

Thanks for the heads up, I'll see if I can fix that

Have greatly enjoyed a recent tussle with a race of diacritics-heavy, eventually-psionic genocidal mushrooms who believed themselves to be trapped in the Machine and waging war against the Watchers. They were like a very flavourful mid-game crisis in and of themselves. I think the names and personalities you added account for about half of my enjoyment of the game at this point. :)

Have greatly enjoyed a recent tussle with a race of diacritics-heavy, eventually-psionic genocidal mushrooms who believed themselves to be trapped in the Machine and waging war against the Watchers. They were like a very flavourful mid-game crisis in and of themselves. I think the names and personalities you added account for about half of my enjoyment of the game at this point. :)

I can say that along with the Psychotic Hordes, the Trapped in the Machine were definitely one of my favorite personalities to write up.

VERSION 1.5.2 is up, download on steam here!

Small update up. Fixed the bug with the devouring swarms’ opinions, and added a new personality, Elitist Snobs, that’s kinda a hackjob I quickly did this weekend, but it’s a fun one.

Changelog:
  • Added new personality: Elitist Snobs
  • Fixed Devouring Swarms not having an opinion penalty against anyone