• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First Post

Kaunaz

Sergeant
1 Badges
Jan 3, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
Introduction

Modular Tweaks & Additions is, as the name suggests, a modular collection of tweaks and additions made to work independently as well as with each other, and to fit in the game while maintaining balance. This is a miscellaneous collection of odds and ends that I've originally made for personal use and decided to release.

Modules

Steam Workshop Collection

Debug Decisions

New debug cheat decisions originally made for playtesting. These can be toggled on and off through a self decision right clicking your character's portrait. In multiplayer, they will only be visible for the host, but can also be toggled on and off for all players.

New Decisions:
  • Rename Character
  • Set Player Character
  • Create Cadet Dynasty
  • Lower Imperial Decay (Requires HIP)
  • Health Boost
  • Health Penalty
  • Like Me
  • Like and Obey Me
  • Vassal Loyalty
  • Vassal Obedience
  • Impregnate
  • Impregnate Cuckoo
  • Impregnate Spouse
  • Imprison
  • Mass Imprison
  • Raise County's Religion's Moral Authority
  • Lower County's Religion's Moral Authority
  • Convert County to my Culture
  • Convert County to my Religion
  • Add Holding Slot to County
  • Remove Holding Slot from County
  • Replenish Settlement Levies
  • Destroy Settlement
  • Convert to my Culture
  • Convert to my Religion
  • Secretly Convert to my Secret Religion
  • Clear Secret Religion
  • Take Artifact
  • Take Title
  • Take Landed Titles
  • Add Strong Claim
  • Add Weak Claim
  • Shatter Realm
  • Make Tributary
  • Give Independence
  • Vassalise

Compatible with everything.

Download:
Direct (25-03-19)
Steam Workshop (Incl. Screenshots, Changelog)

Divine Bloodline

Adds a new bloodline for the reformers of pagan religions and deifies them, adding them to the list of the religion's gods. If the Ancestor Veneration doctrine is chosen, they will count as venerated and show in the list of blessed ancestors.

For peaceful religions, it will attract theologians rather than allow unlimited use of Religious Liberation casus belli, and have a different icon.

If you are playing on an already reformed savegame, you can use the console command "event mta.24" to add the bloodline to your current character, or use the command "charinfo" to find the ID of an ancestor of yours and "event mta.24 CharID" to add it to them and all of their descendants.

NOTE: Because of a bug on Paradox's end that breaks the list of gods, being added as a god is temporarily disabled. Your reforming character will be saved, and added to the list of gods retroactively as soon as this gets fixed!

Compatible with almost anything. No vanilla files were altered.

Download:
Direct (17-12-18)

New Artifacts

Adds 16 new artifacts to the game and disables artifacts from randomly disappearing on inheritance.

Cultural, Religious, and Regional Artifacts

New artifacts have been designed with historical cultures and religions in mind, with complicated spawn logic, and as such, most will not spawn in alternate starts.

Cloaks of varying qualities will spawn in colder areas, and all warmer than linen require a capital in a colder climate to wear. These provide bonuses to winter supply and combat, giving an advantage to characters from colder climates in the weather they're used to. These use the Neck slot.

Litham are worn by the nobility throughout Africa and the Middle East. In Africa, they are indigo as worn by Tuareg, Hausa, and Berber men, and the tagelmust's quality varies based on its colour, showing how deeply it has been dyed and with how much water. These use the Mask slot.

In the Middle East, they do not vary in quality, but different colours are worn by different groups: the green are generally worn by the Shia and Fatimids, the black by the Sunni and Abbasids, and the white by any of the Islamic faithful.

Two high tier religious weapons have been added, with one additional artifact for the Norse, and one for the Suomenusko.

In addition, a few historical books have been added. For gameplay's sake, these spawn at all start dates (as it's not too implausible and dates on when books were written can be somewhat dubious).

Future Plans

I'd like to add more cultural, climate restricted, and religious artifacts, but fell short of ideas. Suggestions for new artifacts are welcome to help me expand this mod.

Compatible with anything that isn't a total overhaul lacking historical cultures and religions.

For modders, you can check whether New Artifacts is enabled by looking for the global flag mta_artifacts.

Download:
Direct (03-03-19)

No Court Pruning

Effectively disables automatic court pruning that was introduced for optimisation reasons with The Reaper's Due.

In the base game, courts receive fertility penalties and characters get pruned out of existence to improve performance late game. However, if you have a good CPU, you might prefer to be able to maintain a bigger court instead.

Only three defines are changed by this mod, and as such, it should be compatible with almost any other mods. However, it is not Ironman/Achievement compatible.

Download:
Direct (09-03-19)

Specific Punishments

Allows you to choose specific executions and mutilations instead of having them randomly given out.

Execution choices are based on culture, religion, and sometimes other factors such as traits and region. Mutilation varies based on what ways they have been maimed already and gender.

Care has been taken to make the Execution option function as close to the original, hardcoded one as possible, applying tyranny if they are a vassal and you do not have a valid reason, checking if they are a noble from an enemy country or not, etc.

Additionally, new opinion modifiers have been added for executions, similar to ones already existing for other features such as mutilation. Just executions will occur slight opinion penalties on the executed's family towards you, while unjust, tyrannical ones will inflict large opinion penalties.

This does not replace the default decisions (but the above changes to opinion apply to the normal execution option as well), and AI behaviour is not effected.

Currently, there is a pool of 27 total execution choices, which should ensure most characters have the max of 3 choices, but I may have missed some. If you have less than that, please let me know your culture, religion, and government type.

Compatible with almost anything, including overhauls of vanilla such as HIP and CK2+.

Download:
Direct (25-11-18)

Veneration Selection

If you have the Ancestor Veneration doctrine and are a Temporal leader, you may choose any member of your faith (including yourself!) to be venerated when they die. Only one character can be selected at a time, and only one can be venerated by choice every 50 years (or per Temporal leader's lifetime).

You may unselect who you have targeted and select someone else if you change your mind. Likewise, if your target converts to another religion for some reason, you're free to pick someone again. If you die and your target has not, you'll inherit your predecessor's choice, but can of course unselect them.

This does not change random venerations; they will still happen as normal at the regular rate. The trait is removed when you choose to venerate them, making them appear indistinguishable from regularly venerated ancestors.

Compatible with anything that isn't an overhaul / doesn't change sainthood mechanics.

Download:
Direct (19-02-19)

Veneration Selection for HIP

This is an updated, newer version of the above made to be compatible with HIP, and with a few new features.

• New Game Rule: Delay between marked venerations can be set to either 50 or 25 years.
  • New Bloodlines: The Saintly Defender of the Faith, Saintly Inquisitional, and Saintly Theologians bloodlines are now available for pagans. The Theologian bloodline will be chosen in place of the Great Warrior bloodline for non-Martial characters.
  • New Description: All venerated ancestor bloodlines will name the religious head that blessed them, similar to Christian saint bloodlines.
  • New Icons: The above bloodlines will have an icon matching your pagan faith. In addition, there is a new icon for the Great Warrior bloodline, and Messalians now have a unique saintly bloodline icon matching their faith's cross the way most other Christians do, using the same Leviathan Cross that becomes their religion icon if they cease to be heretics.

Furry3 Compatible

Download:
Direct (04-03-19)
Steam Workshop

Vice and Virtue

Adds new content to the game that can be individually toggled on and off with game rules. Including a new slavery system (restricted by religion, culture, and government) that allows you to sell prisoners for money or forcibly employ them in your court, new peasant interactions, and new prisoner interactions.

Should be compatible with most other mods, including overhauls of vanilla such as CK2+ and HIP.

Compatible with the HIP submod Turks, Mongols, and Mamluks.

For modders, you can check whether Vice and Virtue is enabled by looking for the global flag mta_vv, and you can set the global flag mta_debug to enable additional debug logging to the game.log.

Download:

Direct (05-05-19)
Steam Workshop (Incl. Screenshots, Additional Info, Changelog)

Compatibility

Individually, compatibility is noted in each mod's info here and/or on the Steam Workshop, but as a rule, I do my best to maintain compatibility with other mods when possible and not to alter vanilla files except when necessary.

In the future when it is updated, I intend to maintain alternate versions when needed ensuring compatibility with HIP.

Modder's Resource

Because I believe the best way to ensure a healthy modding community is to share and work together, anyone is welcome to do as they wish with any of my mods and to use any features or graphical assets from them in their own mods.

The only exception is with features I cannot grant permission for. Currently, this is only a couple decisions in Vice and Virtue taken with permission from another mod and expanded on. But unless otherwise noted, everything has been done by me.

All I ask is to credit me (Kaunaz) and link this thread, and being curious, I'd wouldn't mind a message with a link to your mod. :)

Attachments

• MTA - Divine Bloodline (17-12-18).7z
    41,8 KB · Views: 280
  • MTA - Specific Punishments (25-11-18).7z
    36,3 KB · Views: 265
  • MTA - Veneration Selection (19-02-19).7z
    42,7 KB · Views: 118
  • MTA - New Artifacts (03-03-19).7z
    215,8 KB · Views: 323
  • MTA - Veneration Selection for HIP (04-03-19).7z
    54 KB · Views: 101
  • MTA - No Court Pruning (09-03-19).7z
    22,7 KB · Views: 129
  • MTA - Debug Decisions (25-03-19).7z
    22 KB · Views: 223
  • MTA - Vice and Virtue (05-05-19).7z
    74,6 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Any plans for some future MTAs? Loving them all, never play without specific punishments at the very lesst.
Glad to hear that! :D

I've been very busy with Real Life™ lately, but I do have a couple more major MTAs I'm planning on releasing. Don't want to say too much, since I don't know when I'll get around to it. Just a matter of getting the time to finish up what I have and get it out there.

Aside from those, I've released a very simple, small mod today that I made for someone annoyed by the court pruning introduced with The Reaper's Due to improve performance, which effectively disables it. I've been using this and other simple defines tweaks myself for a long time, but never thought they were enough to be worth releasing -- but since I've seen there's interest, I think I'll release some more to saves others (especially who don't know how to do them) the trouble.

@Kaunaz
Thank you for your work Sir. These submods are very immersive. Planning to start a new game today with the recent Fury 7 and 3.1.1 updates.

Any issues with you current mod version?

Cheers.

@Kaunaz
Thank you for your work Sir. These submods are very immersive. Planning to start a new game today with the recent Fury 7 and 3.1.1 updates.

Any issues with you current mod version?

Cheers.
Thanks, appreciate that! I'm glad to hear people are still enjoying these.

Just was checking since I'm similarly about to start playing again on Furry7, and all looks good on my end. Out of the MTAs released so far, only Veneration Selection and its HIP counterpart replace any files, and only a few to do with sainthood.

As for any other current issues, I believe Specific Punishments likely has a few rarer rules that I missed when reverse engineering vanilla execution that have gone unnoticed and aren't properly accounted for when determining if an execution is just, unjust, or tyrannical, and in addition, a few of HIP's new cultures aren't checked for and may not have appropriate execution options, but I don't think there's many of these as most are caught in culture/religion group checks (only the pre-Islamic Persian culture immediately comes to mind). In general, Specific Executions could use some code cleanup once I'm less burnt and get back to modding, since it's the first mod I made for CK2, but it works fine in 99% of situations and there's no major problems.

Thanks, appreciate that! I'm glad to hear people are still enjoying these.

Just was checking since I'm similarly about to start playing again on Furry7, and all looks good on my end. Out of the MTAs released so far, only Veneration Selection and its HIP counterpart replace any files, and only a few to do with sainthood.

As for any other current issues, I believe Specific Punishments likely has a few rarer rules that I missed when reverse engineering vanilla execution that have gone unnoticed and aren't properly accounted for when determining if an execution is just, unjust, or tyrannical, and in addition, a few of HIP's new cultures aren't checked for and may not have appropriate execution options, but I don't think there's many of these as most are caught in culture/religion group checks (only the pre-Islamic Persian culture immediately comes to mind). In general, Specific Executions could use some code cleanup once I'm less burnt and get back to modding, since it's the first mod I made for CK2, but it works fine in 99% of situations and there's no major problems.

Good to know. I'll gladly report back in case I'll find anything weird and I'll keep an eye for your future updates.
Enjoy your game with Fury 7 it looks spectacular as far as I can see ;)

@Kaunaz
A quick question about New Peasant Interactions from from Vice and Virtue. Should we turn the invite character rule of? I think there is a base game similar mechanic now. Right?
Cheers!

@Kaunaz
A quick question about New Peasant Interactions from from Vice and Virtue. Should we turn the invite character rule of? I think there is a base game similar mechanic now. Right?
Cheers!
Wait, is there? :confused: I don't remember anything similar in the base game where you can invite lowborn characters from specific provinces, and didn't see anything like that with a quick search of recent patch notes, but I could have missed it. Either way, it shouldn't cause problems beyond redundancy with anything Paradox implements, since it's its own decision.

Wait, is there? :confused: I don't remember anything similar in the base game where you can invite lowborn characters from specific provinces, and didn't see anything like that with a quick search of recent patch notes, but I could have missed it. Either way, it shouldn't cause problems beyond redundancy with anything Paradox implements, since it's its own decision.

Wait, could you please remind how your system works? For example with vanilla system, I just invite a courtier from another realm or my realm by right clicking etc

Wait, could you please remind how your system works? For example with vanilla system, I just invite a courtier from another realm or my realm by right clicking etc
Ah, I think I understand your confusion! It's more like a new employment decision. If you right click a county level title (the county coat of arms in the province view), you get a couple new county level decisions.

Invite Lowborn to Court will let you choose to employ a male or female character from any county in your realm. They will be of that province's culture and religion with random stats, traits, and education, and have an opinion bonus towards you, but a general opinion malus. You can use this to revive 'dead' cultures that still exist on a province level, but lack nobility, without going through weird loopholes — for example, when I've played as Scandinavians, I often end up taking Frisia from the Franks and inviting a Frisian peasant, converting them, and making them King of Frisia, or as the Romans, I'll place a local in charge of newly conquered provinces. Or if you have too much money, you can play the lowborn roulette inviting characters until RNG is on your side, since they can have any stats and traits.

With the Slavery and Peasant Interaction game rules on, and slavery allowed by your culture/religion/government, there's a Purchase Slave decision as well, which can also be used in tributary realms and counties where you have a trade post outside of your realm, and lets you pick male or female, a few types of education, and has a more expensive "special request" option with a few options such as buying a doctor. Similarly, they'll be of the local culture and religion. This works more like the Intrigue menu employment decisions, where you're more likely to get at least decent characters.

The latter is sometimes used by the AI (or rather, its use is simulated through more performance friendly AI only events) when slavery is allowed for them and they have a shortage of skilled courtiers,

Last edited:
Ah, I think I understand your confusion! It's more like a new employment decision. If you right click a county level title (the county coat of arms in the province view), you get a couple new county level decisions.

Invite Lowborn to Court will let you choose to employ a male or female character from any county in your realm. They will be of that province's culture and religion with random stats, traits, and education, and have an opinion bonus towards you, but a general opinion malus. You can use this to revive 'dead' cultures that still exist on a province level, but lack nobility, without going through weird loopholes — for example, when I've played as Scandinavians, I often end up taking Frisia from the Franks and inviting a Frisian peasant, converting them, and making them King of Frisia, or as the Romans, I'll place a local in charge of newly conquered provinces. Or if you have too much money, you can play the lowborn roulette inviting characters until RNG is on your side, since they can have any stats and traits.

With the Slavery and Peasant Interaction game rules on, and slavery allowed by your culture/religion/government, there's a Purchase Slave decision as well, which can also be used in tributary realms and counties where you have a trade post outside of your realm, and lets you pick male or female, a few types of education, and has a more expensive "special request" option with a few options such as buying a doctor. This works more like the Intrigue menu employment decisions, where you're more likely to get at least decent characters.

Yeah, I was just a bit confused. All good now ;)
Thanks for your time and the detailed explanation!