[Mod] [ModTek] v1.0 MercDeployments - Travel contracts now send you on a deployment

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Morphyum

Sergeant
68 Badges
Mar 28, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
MercDeployments
BattleTech mod (using ModTek), that changes Travel contracts to Deplyoments.

Requirements
  • install BattleTechModLoader using the instructions here
  • install ModTek using the instructions here

Not Compatible
  • Do not use together with Multi Missions
Features
  • Changes Travel contracts to deployments.
  • Deplyoments start with the arrival at the Contract System.
  • Deployments go on for multiple months.
  • While on a Deployment you will get payed monthly.
  • Each day on Deplyoment has a change to spawn a new mission.
  • While a mission is available time is frozen.
  • Missions wont pay you, but still reward you salvage as usual.
  • After completeing the mission time is unfrozen again.
  • If you leave the planet before the Deplyoment is over you will lose a huge ammount of Rep with the Faction and the MRB.
  • When the Deplyoment time is over you get notified and are free again to take a new Deployment or normal Mission.
Settings
MissionChancePerDay - float - default 0.1 - Chance 0 = 0% 1 = 100% to spawn a mission each day, while on deployment.
DeploymentSalaryMultiplier - float - default 4 - The multiplier a Deplyoment pays more then a normal mission of same difficulty.
MaxMonth - int - default 6 - The maximum amount of months a Deployment can go on for.
DeploymentBreakRepCost - int - default -30 - The Reputation amount you will lose if you break a deployment.
DeploymentBreakMRBRepCost - int - default -50 - The MRB-Rating amount you will lose if you break a deployment.
BonusPercentage - float - default 0.05 - How much percent of the monthly payment each secondary objective will pay you after a mission.

Download
Downloads can be found on nexusmods.

Install
  • After installing BTML and ModTek, put everything into \BATTLETECH\Mods\ folder.
  • If you want different settings set it in the settings.json.
  • Start the game.

Changelog:
v1.1:
Lots of bugfixes
Deployment rest time now in timeline
Made it less likely to have to many missions in a single month

v1.2:
  • Added rewards for secondary objectives
  • Bugfixes

Last edited:
So garrison contracts for up to 6 months. Dammit, quit adding things that are so awesome I need to restart my campaign with them. Still haven't played past Weldry.

If I'm reading this right, defaults get you paid monthly for 4x a usual mission, then you expect to average 3 actual missions per month. Since they come up randomly, there's no way to stall while you finish repairs, which I love.

Shiny.

So garrison contracts for up to 6 months. Dammit, quit adding things that are so awesome I need to restart my campaign with them. Still haven't played past Weldry.

If I'm reading this right, defaults get you paid monthly for 4x a usual mission, then you expect to average 3 actual missions per month. Since they come up randomly, there's no way to stall while you finish repairs, which I love.

You are exactly right. Also be careful using this with campaign it seems priority missions count as travel contracts and get converted to deployments, for now you need to turn the mod off when you want to do a story contract and back on after.

You are exactly right. Also be careful using this with campaign it seems priority missions count as travel contracts and get converted to deployments, for now you need to turn the mod off when you want to do a story contract and back on after.
I just released a version 1.0.2 that might fix priority contracts its not tested so.

What happens if you withdraw from a mission during an engagement?

At a complete guess, the usual withdrawal penalties. Breaking a deployment I think means taking another contract before you finish the deployment, like what happens if you accept a travel contract but take a different job once you arrive.

Just an idea:

Any way to make these kinds of missions gated by MRB level?

I can see this maturing in to the kind of thing I would want to do as a mid-end game goal when you could have more than one team ready to go. But I could also see if I wanted to use this with other difficulty increasing mods/settings that I'd never want to risk taking one in the early stages where I'm barely operating all four units and pilots.

Really loving this mod, Great Work!!!

I am playing it with @don Zappo 's dz_Consolidated_Company_Commander modpack, which between the increased drop costs and slower repair times from that mod, coupled with the fixed income (be careful how much you drop or you might find yourself in the red) and forced cadence of the missions (no waiting for that repair to finish) means you need to run a full bay of mechs, or be prepared to drop damaged.

It really gives the feeling that you are managing a mech company. Thank you!

Really loving this mod, Great Work!!!

I am playing it with @don Zappo 's dz_Consolidated_Company_Commander modpack, which between the increased drop costs and slower repair times from that mod, coupled with the fixed income (be careful how much you drop or you might find yourself in the red) and forced cadence of the missions (no waiting for that repair to finish) means you need to run a full bay of mechs, or be prepared to drop damaged.

It really gives the feeling that you are managing a mech company. Thank you!
That's interesting. I've been very intrigued by this, but the issues with story missions are concerning to me. How are you addressing that? Are you just toggling it off for story missions?

Does this change all travel contracts to deployments or just some of them? Do you get both in game with this mod?