[Mod] Mission Control - Random Spawns, More Ally and Enemy Lances, Objectives and New AI

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don´t worry, I´m playing 8 parts pokemech in this campaign, so you have time to improve the stability until I catch them all ;)

Last edited:
<cries in savescummer>

I couldn't reopen the old original post as it was too old. Necro-posting my own mod made me realise how long ago I must have updated it. Sorry guys =).

I released v0.2.2 last month that brought BT v1.6.2 compatibility and tonight I've just released v0.2.3 which greatly stabilises spawning and fixes the infinite load bugs (so I hope).

Edit: Looks like a mod reopened the old thread and merged my new one into it.

Last edited:
Fantastic. We appreciate it.
It's the best way to feel like you're truly part of something bigger than a lance.

I've updated to 0.4.0. This brings in custom contract types and reuse of story mission maps (initially just one). I've had a few releases since I last posted (v0.2.3) so I've updated the first post to reflect all the changes. A lot has been added since then!

Things like player lances (with Bigger Drops), extended map boundaries etc.

I'll be adding more contract types as I go. Hope you enjoy.

There's also a website with more info. Check my reddit post for the link as I can't direct link it.

Last edited:
v1.0.0
Hey guys.

After a good few months of constant work I've finally reached MC 1.0 release! It was a huge effort with over 24% of the code commits in this last release alone. It adds a new custom contract type that has non-vanilla logic on it, so I hope you all enjoy it. Please let me know what you think - it has different events happening each time you play it so make sure you play it a few times to see all of them!

I've also greatly expanded the custom contract type builder so other modders can create their own contract types to share to improve the BattleTech experience for us all. I've been writing a lot of documentation for it so if anyone is interested, check it out on the Misssion Control website (can't link sorry as per the paradox rules). I've also expanded the solo and duo contract types to three more biomes each! For the full changelog, check the initial forum post in this thread!

I've added a ton of quality of life improvements and exposed settings for you guys to edit and tweak to fit the way you like to play. As always, I've tried to be as unopinionated about my design choices as possible.

Anyway, please let me know what you think - I'd love to hear it! Enjoy!

• 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I think this is the single most impactful mod when combined with Bigger drops.
A total, and literal game changer.
My only complaint until now was the frequency in which units without jump jets tended to get stuck on top of buildings and cliffs, necessitating a restart.

Recently I realized that if I put all my non-JJ mechs into the primary lance, and only had JJ-equipped mechs in the beta lance that the non jumpers wouldn't end up stuck in a spot they couldnt get out off.
Boom! No more restarts.

Herr CWolf, you are a bloody legend!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I´m currently playing Mission Control w/ Bigger Drops installed (modtek install) and wanted to know if it is possible to use MC and BD togheter with the Hyades Rim mod... is there any kind of conflict between Hyades Rim and MC/BD? Just asking before going to all the work of doing a clean install just to discover some obvious incompatibility....

Edit: went ahead and made a clean install with Hyades Rim + Mission Control/Bigger Drops - it works surprisingly well, no problems found yet. The Mission Control missions (Duels, etc.) appear occasionally on the contract screen, but the majority of contracts are from the Hyades Rim mod. The only thing that you need to watch for is to not save during combat, as the savegame becomes unloadable, so only save outside combat. Note that i did not activated the option for using MC in Flashpoints, so i cannot comment how well MC works with flashpoints.

Last edited:
Reactions: