[Mod] Mission Control - Random Spawns, More Ally and Enemy Lances, Objectives and New AI

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I haven't tested it with dZ_CCC but since this mod changes things no other mod does it's generally pretty compatible with all mods. It will probably work ok but let me know if you try it and it doesn't work. I'll investigate then.

Confirming it does work with dZ_CCC and you can immediately see the potential this mod has. Only issues are that it isn't integrated into your company so Allied mechs are not taken from those in your mechbay not chosen in the drop list. ie your owned but unselected mechs and your unselected but available pilots. If it was possible to do this it would be fantastic. If this did happen then dz_CCC would need to revisit stuff like pilot fatigue and mech deployment mission frequency as effectively you would have more mechs and pilots from your company in each mission but only controlling the 4 main ones chosen. So more fatigued pilots and damage to repair.

The other issue is that it doesn't link to the skull rating as already mentioned. This is pretty important to the economics of dz_CCC as if you accept a 2 skull contract (which dz_CCC has a +/- 1 random on I believe) and end up fighting the mission mechs plus new ones introduced by the mod you can quickly get to your only option being to withdraw which has impacts on finances and reputation. Particularly I think this would be true in the early part of the sandbox campaign when your company is quite light and money is tight.

Also I could be wrong but I think the mod as is only has a few example rule sets? Perhaps I am missing seeing some sort of default one that is used if nothing is specified but if that is not the case then a bunch more rule sets might need to be built for dz_CCC. The destroy base mission I did last night was great other than it was a 2 skull mission and it ended up looking more like a 5 skull so the end result was not pretty at all. Thank you for creating this and I'll certainly be watching with interest to see where it goes to.

Thank you for the positive comments about MC and constructive feedback.

The allied lances are intentionally from your Employer. That's the reason they are a random group of people mechs from a battle lance. You presented an interesting idea of having AI controlled lances from your own company though. As a related topic, I actually have the ability to spawn player controlled lances too but they again would be a random config. To allow the player to select their own lance set up would require UI work but it's on my road map. Maybe providing the optional ability to drop a lance from your own company (AI controlled) would be a flexible addition that could be toggled on/off in the mod config for those who want it.

A few people have mentioned the skull rating having no influence on the Additional Lances from MC. I think I'll be adding that feature. It makes a lot of sense.

The mod has rulesets for all contract types but some are very basic for this first version of the mod. Some just change the initial spawn location of the player. If the spawner gets stuck it will try to use the vanilla spawn of a lance if one is available. You might have seen this behaviour.

Again, thank you for the valuable feedback. I'll start working on v0.2 next week and I'll try to incorporate a good approach to skull influence, along with some other nice things.

ok so....i am loving this mod.

just had a 2.5 skull mission which had an extra opfor lance spawn...oh boy did it get nasty.
mission went 27 turns. (usually have only had campaign missions go that long)
i was reduced to a handful of med laser and a couple of ppcs.
for example i have a cplt with enough lrm ammo to fire both for 18 rounds....until this mission it had never run out.
whole lance needed repair...2 needed torso/arm replacements.

Boy oh boy.
Did a 3.5 skull Flashpoint yesterday with your mod activated.
My best Lance was a solid 4 sheilds.
3 missions with rest n refit after first one.
Flashpoint are almost always a challenge but this time I got it good.
Had allies on second one good thing opfor was 4 lances. First and second had extra opfor but not as bad as mission 2.
Took me 5 hours to complete this flashpoint.
Ended up with 6 plus million cbills in pay, salvaged a Lance of heavies and a bunch of rare goodies as reward.
repair was moderate with 6 in need of heavy to replacement repairs.

Love the challenge this mod gives.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hah awesome.

I know there's a fair few bugs here and there and the difficulty is a bit all over at times but when you get a set up like that things turn so fun.

Thank you for sharing that experience. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm resting up over Christmas then will continue mod development after that. Lots of good things to come!

Can't wait to give this a shot - and glad you approached it outside of editing LanceDefs / Contracts, so I am thinking it should still work with things like Rarity/Faction tags that I've been working on. Thank you again :)

Can't wait to give this a shot - and glad you approached it outside of editing LanceDefs / Contracts, so I am thinking it should still work with things like Rarity/Faction tags that I've been working on. Thank you again :)

I use this mod in conjunction with your stuff along with helm core dawning and better ai.
It all is seemingly working well together.

I use this mod in conjunction with your stuff along with helm core dawning and better ai.
It all is seemingly working well together.

That is great to hear :D

I had a flashpoint where I had 3 lances of assaults coming at me it was one hell of a fight lost one assault mech an atlas and i had to eject an pilot due to damage to her king crab

Just to let you guys know it seems using the new version with RT and the ExtendedLances functionality can show a bug when loading. This happens when the contracts have an empty lance in them which is a situation I didn't take into account. If you get this a lot then disable ExtendedLances in the settings.json in the MC mod folder. It should only happen for a few RT contracts (I hope).

Really like the idea. I think I will try it when I finish my actual campaign game.

One question, is there any problem with mechs landing where they can´t move later? In the first video, I saw mechs landing above rocks.

Really like the idea. I think I will try it when I finish my actual campaign game.

One question, is there any problem with mechs landing where they can´t move later? In the first video, I saw mechs landing above rocks.

it can happen and it always seems to happen to the mechs without jump jets.
just hit restart and all is good.

Thanks for the support @Rojo. Like @unclecid said, it can happen. I have a large number of systems coded to try to avoid it but it still happens.

The focus of the next release (v0.2.1) will be to concentrate on the load screen and spawn bugs that show up. I think it's the main thing holding some people back from using MC.