• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

RedRooster81

Modding Paladin
11 Badges
Feb 16, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
Announcing: PROJECT RODRIGO MINOR TITLES MINIMOD 0.50

DOWNLOAD:
The mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2o31earemibkl0j

This is something I've wanted to have in the game for a while. Actually I am giddy that it actually worked. I woke up at 5:30AM and have been working off and on since, so here goes . . . :wacko:

What it is: For me, EU: Rome is the spiritual ancestor of CK2
(or at least the weird uncle who lives in the attic and no one really talks about anymore but who may have been the father of the heir to the throne after all :huh:)
So, I always find myself comparing features in that game to those in this. As part of my bigger mod Project Rodrigo, I thought that I would add minor title icons to your courtiers so you can see who has minor titles and which ones (more on that later), but for now, I thought that I would release a mini-mod for those that don't want to wait or have no interest in my bigger project (which is fine by me :D). In other words, if you don't want a huge hulking Spanish behemoth of a blob in your game but want to see visually that you are in fact Master of the Hunt to your liege, this mod is for you. :laugh:

What it does: Adds a character_modifier icon for the seven grantable minor titles plus regent.

What I changed: the following files
/common/event_modifiers.txt
/common/minor_titles.txt
/gfx/interface/modifier_icons.dds
/interface/province.gfx

What I added: the following files
/events/minor_title_events.txt
/localisation/minor_titles.csv

Compatibility: Should be compatible with any concurrent mods that do not change the same files that I changed.

What you can do in return: try it out of course, let me know how you like it, and if when playing as a vassal you get the same event again and again. I did put in a condition in the trigger for event icon.0 that should stop it from spamming you, but I haven't tried it out as a vassal. I have tried out the event as King of France, Count of Capua, King of Navarra, and Duke of Brittany, so it should work on any liege who can grant this minor title. I also threw in a 'general opinion' bonus on top of the little salary and prestige bonus from having the title just for fun. I hope you enjoy this small but IMHO important graphical improvement mini-mod.

About the included savegame: I have also included a savegame with the mod download in case you want to see the effects immediately. Start as the King of France, and look at each of his dukes plus the Bishop of Reims and his regent. They all have minor title icons below their traits.

NB: I have used early modern playing cards to generate icons. I searched the internet far and wide for medieval images of a serial nature. The first western European playing cards were becoming available early in the fifteenth century, so I don't think I'm too far off. I apologize if it is too jostling for some of you.

And of course screenies for the curious:

Regents now get an icon, and universal condemnation. Such a thankless job, overseeing a kingdom

Duke Guillaume of Aquitaine came all the way to Paris from Bordeaux just for the royal brat's amusement. The most powerful man in the kingdom is not amused, to say the least.

I apologize for the excessive number of emotes in this post. You just sort of had to be there, as they say. :D

Last edited:

RedRooster81

Modding Paladin
11 Badges
Feb 16, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
Project Rodrigo: Minor Title Icons (PR: MTI) 0.50 is now available for download. Barring any reports of bugs, I am considering this mini-mod complete. All seven minor titles and regent have icons now. This will be included in Rodrigo from now on, but please enjoy this as a stand-alone if you like.

Last edited:

General Baker

Lord High Admiral
62 Badges
Jun 22, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Cities in Motion
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Prison Architect
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • The Showdown Effect
I'd just like to say, the little things like the features that this mod enables are what make the game for me, so thanks :)

I might try to find slightly more fitting icons though; if I do, I'll post them here.

RedRooster81

Modding Paladin
11 Badges
Feb 16, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
This was an early minimod. I'm including it in my CAT mod with updated pictures taken from period illustrations. I originally put in the minor title icons from EU Rome that are still resident in the CK2 folder /gfx/titles. But basically, I hope it did its job: to show you who has what minor title visually and add some effects. So in short thank you for the kind comment. :)

RedRooster81

Modding Paladin
11 Badges
Feb 16, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
Yes, thank you. I'm happy you are enjoying my little mod, padre. :)