• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What I did was to extract this mode from PB, effectively.

I used the latest dungeons download ( see here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ment-Game!&p=15110394&viewfull=1#post15110394 ) then compared it to PB copying each equivalent files across ( ie copying PB files to dns ).

Works perfectly as far as I can tell ( ie I have had messages when I have been beseiged [ hide with family ], plus options when I won a siege [ execute the whole family ! ] and also seen traits etc change during the siege. Adds a great flavour !

I'm not a modder , but as far as I see the PB version is the same as 1.091 dns, just re-coded and tidied up. The only issue ( for future/past compatibility ) is that the dns-onactions may need to be upgraded if it changes in future CK2 patches.

I use this with Hooni's pledge mod ( totally brilliant ), syren's nicknames, momento Mori and clear combat in version 2.0.3.

What I did was to extract this mode from PB, effectively.

I used the latest dungeons download ( see here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ment-Game!&p=15110394&viewfull=1#post15110394 ) then compared it to PB copying each equivalent files across ( ie copying PB files to dns ).

Works perfectly as far as I can tell ( ie I have had messages when I have been beseiged [ hide with family ], plus options when I won a siege [ execute the whole family ! ] and also seen traits etc change during the siege. Adds a great flavour !

I'm not a modder , but as far as I see the PB version is the same as 1.091 dns, just re-coded and tidied up. The only issue ( for future/past compatibility ) is that the dns-onactions may need to be upgraded if it changes in future CK2 patches.

I use this with Hooni's pledge mod ( totally brilliant ), syren's nicknames, momento Mori and clear combat in version 2.0.3.
PB's version works just fine, yeah. It's been updated significantly to fix various bugs, and to make capturing whole families and such rarer.
By now if it's quite different (code-wise) from the latest release of Dungeons and Sieges, but the ideas are mostly the same. As an example, the main event file, waylit_siege_events, has gone from 3090 lines in the last DnS release, to 1604 lines in PB.

Sorry for necro, but this doesn't seem to work anymore..?
the front page doesn't (for several patches ago already)

use the PB-separated version uploaded by signalman a few pages above your post if you haven't done so already

As of the 2.3 update this mod no longer works. Most of the time you get a blank event pop up that has no options to click away from. If you move it, it becomes an infinite number of pop ups. Occasionally it CTD's in the loading screen.

Could a good Samaritan or the main modder please update the mod? I quite like it.

An early Christmas present for anyone waiting for this mod. I've updated it (or stopped the infinite blank event popping up, at least) for 2.3.
No guarantees everything works correctly, as I have only basic knowledge of modding, but it seemed to run fine for me in testing. Credit of course to waylit1, the PB team and Signalman for updating the mod preiously.

View attachment dungeonsandsieges3.zip

Reactions:
I don't think it ever really worked right, as I had to do quite a bit of surgery on the version that used to be integrated into Lux Invicta. Now there are better ways to do the things it does.

A bit of a necro post, but...has anyone tested this for 2.4?

I use it all the time, it works fine. It's just kinda OP to be honest.

I don't think it ever really worked right, as I had to do quite a bit of surgery on the version that used to be integrated into Lux Invicta. Now there are better ways to do the things it does.

Yeah I agree. The values for if you imprison characters are just so high that you can get insane amounts of prisoners.

HIP has integrated it (surely with permission) and I think it works quite well. It would be nice if there were checkboxes we could click to ransom, execute, and release prisoners in mass number (the decisions Release All and Ransom All do not work correctly)

Reactions: