• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
NEW VERSION v1.2b.

I introduced some embarrassingly bad bugs that have been fixed.

BTW should be savegame compatible.

Last edited:
New version 1.3 to fix bug where you would get the option to imprison somebody's family if they are there, and their family is not (or they had no family).

NEW VERSION 1.5. Fixes numerous little bugs that probably would have gone unnoticed except for that I added a new modifier "Kept at Castle" to let me know that the AI chose that particular option. MUST download.

This looks very interesting, I would love to have it integrated into the bigger mods such as CK2+ and GoT. Keep up the great work!

There are instructions in the OP on how to integrate it into any mod. Just need to copy paste some stuff to the mod\ck2plus\common\on_actions\00_on_actions.txt file. Very easy.

Can think of another way of removing a defender except by making them an army leader. But that kind of defeats the in hiding effect, doesn't it?

All in all a great mod. And you are a modder because you saw a hole and you filled it in the best you could. So I tip my hat in your general direction (though I don't know your RL location, but you get the idea :)).

I thought of one: simply move character somewhere by command then immediately move back? Or banish/move back, but that might hit your wallet.

I thought of one: simply move character somewhere by command then immediately move back? Or banish/move back, but that might hit your wallet.

It would be tricky for rulers, wouldn't it? Moving from location to location that is.

How about imprisonment then freeing them? Or giving them the incapable trait and then taking it away.

I don't know how it is done but in the Prince and thane a character can be away when on the templar thingie maybe that is worth looking in to.

I don't know how it is done but in the Prince and thane a character can be away when on the templar thingie maybe that is worth looking in to.
That's using the pilgrimage mechanic.

NEW VERSION 1.5b - it seems whenever I fix one thing I break another lol. Tried to tie AI family hiding to their wealth, but it ended in failure. Instead weighted it more heavily based on traits. Savegame compat.

Please do add it! In fact, v1.5b should finally be a stable finished product. ;) BTW I'll be in touch soon about adding some things from Prince/Thane to Waylit Tweaks. I'm trying to keep my stuff primarily CK2Plus, but I am looking for good mechanics/objectives that fit in line with the balance.

Example of a 'bad' mechanic IMO would be Additional Objectives Seduce Wife plot, which is basically a 95% chance at a free pregnancy. I will be tinkering with that one so it isn't as gamey.

As for Hiding Leader problem: I'm not sure that the game even Recalcs a new siege leader...so the only real difference is roleplaying and the minor difference for his martial (unless the guy has like 30+ and it is making a huge difference). I'm not going to spend too much time on it, but rather treat it as an acceptable quirk of the game. If anybody else wants to create a fix and test it, I will gladly add it to the mod and give a big ole bolded credit line.

Last edited:
As for Hiding Leader problem: I'm not sure that the game even Recalcs a new siege leader...so the only real difference is roleplaying and the minor difference for his martial (unless the guy has like 30+ and it is making a huge difference). I'm not going to spend too much time on it, but rather treat it as an acceptable quirk of the game. If anybody else wants to create a fix and test it, I will gladly add it to the mod and give a big ole bolded credit line.

I think you've gone beyond what the devs expected us to go. There is some observable bugginess involving siege leaders, but not likely to get an official fix.

I think it's really cool what you've been able to do. :)