• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great mod! That's one more thing to make this game feel really medieval!

Reactions:
Excellent mod, sieges are so much more significant now! A wonderful set of mechanics indeed, and well implemented. Kudos.

btw, you don't actually have to override all of 00_on_actions. Just the pulses you need can be done in a .txt. Something like
Code:
#on siege pulse
on_siege_pulse = {

events = {
		1100099991 #waylit fight or flee
	}	

random_events = {
		200000 = 0
		100 = 62000
		100 = 62001
		100 = 62002
		100 = 62003
		100 = 62004
		100 = 62005
		100 = 62006
		100 = 62007
		100 = 62008
		100 = 62009
		100 = 62010
		25 = 62014
		100 = 62015
		1 = 62011	
		1 = 62012
		1 = 62013
		7500 = 1100099992 #waylit siegeescape
	}
}

on_siege_won_leader = {
	events = {
		8330 # Conquers the crusade target
		60100 # Mongols sack Kiev
		60101 # Mongols sack Novgorod
		60102 # Mongols sack Krakow
		60103 # Mongols sack Aachen
		60104 # Mongols sack Paris
		60105 # Mongols sack London
		60106 # Mongols sack Rome
		60107 # Mongols sack Venice
		60108 # Mongols sack Constantinople
		60109 # Mongols sack Lisbon
		60110 # Mongols sack Smolensk
		60111 # Mongols sack Prague
		60112 # Mongols sack Vienna
		60113 # Mongols sack Esztergom
		60114 # Mongols sack Athens
		60115 # Mongols sack Belgrade
		60116 # Mongols sack Baghdad
		60117 # Mongols sack Damascus
		60118 # Mongols sack Jerusalem
		60119 # Mongols sack Alexandria
		60120 # Mongols sack Cairo
		60121 # Mongols sack Mecca
		88005 # Mongols sack city near the Hashshashin
		110009990 #Waylit +1 prestige for leader upon winning siege (hidden)
		110009991 #waylit, imprison any_char at siege loc
		110009992 #Waylit same as above, but if owner isnt home
		110009993 #Release prisoners at location
	}
	random_events = {
		300 = 0
		100 = 8340 # Finds the Spear of Destiny / Holy Lance
		100 = 8342 # Finds the Holy Grail
		500 = 8345 # Sack of Jerusalem

}
}
in a dns_on_action.txt in the on_actions folder would override things just as well, and make compatibilities so much more.

New version, 8/19 1.5c final fix for AI not using the unhide family decision to clear their own modifiers, causing all sorts of Ruler-dies-and-heir-is-hidden lunacy. Also implemented Ijtzoi's suggestion and updated compatibility instructions.

Last edited:
It's not, the current version is slightly bugged. And of course on_actions has changed.

Since Waylit has not been online since June and he has given permission in the first post, I'll upload a 1.09 fixed version here except for the ransom all stuff, which I can't get to work.
Their PM inbox is full so @Waylit: if you want me to take this down, just let me know.

(removed for now)

Last edited:
Wow. I got burned out trying to make a really complex version of this for Game of Thrones, but this existed all along. Man, I wish I knew about this back then. The one I was working on was this extended to all courtiers and not just family, and with the option to kill them (and the possibility of a commander ignoring your wishes).

I'm checking in on this game again in my spare time.

This mod is sorta in limbo. I don't mind jordarkelf releasing his fix. I haven't looked at it, so I don't know how he did, but I know that the file structure of the game has changed somewhat since I wrote it. Feel free to build and expand on this if you get it working again. I mostly made it to expand my own CK2+ experience. Since Wiz has added in a very low chance for capture (modified by the attributes of the ruler) upon the fall of a capital, and my spare time is limited, I will be content with the random number gods deciding that most prudent rulers escaped before the siege.

I do reserve the right to return one day soon and write some more to flesh this out, but I'm waiting for CK2+ to stabilize for the Republics so I can enjoy the game for a bit. Then maybe I'll compatch the stable Ck2+ to Magnate Lords, integrate that with Republic Trading, and write a few events.

This should have been an email, but since your box is full I'm writing it here
Hi waylit,
I'm writing you to ask you two questions, first If I can upload to your post an updated version of your wonderful dungeon and sieges, this is the changelog:

-updated to 1.091
-Added option to kill the character and his family after succesful siege
-Now you can choose the destiny of the defeated characters even if one of your vassals was siege leader (still not possible if mercenaries)
-You can no longer choose what to do with a character after a succesful siege if it wasn't that character's capital
-The character won't be asked to hide or defend during sieges in provinces controlled by him which are not the capital

second I want to know if I can use the aforementioned modified version of your work within the Elder Kings mod which I am a dev of.
Obviously you'll be credited for your work.

Thanks in advance,
yours faitfhully, teotl

Teotl: Very cool, thanks for making it. Restricting it to the capital is probably a good idea to lessen CPU load and needless micromanaged AI imprisonment. I still think that when the AI commander of a siege should be able to determine the fate of the family in question. I believe my mod had in it a decision which the AI would always take where any ruler Duke and Above was automatically "requested" by the top liege and transferred to his dungeons. Anyway, go ahead and use all my groundwork with Elder Kings, and change it any which way you like! Thank you for modding. Please do post it here so that if anybody is interested they can find it.

Potential thing to look out for: Tutors and Children cocked up my early builds in MANY ways and required a lot of janky workarounds. I can't remember if I ever actually solved the problem, or if I left it that the tutor was captured too if the child had a tutor, because the child moves only with their tutor.

Let's see...if I had to do ONE MORE THING it would be a grand Nobility Ransom event chain, using this as a template: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ransom_of_King_John_II_of_France . Basically that is the one major flaw (?) of my mod: without forced AI decisions, prisoners can languish for decades, and everybody is always being captured, so family lines die out ASAP. In history, it looks like Higher Tier Nobles had some long and expensive negotiations with many opportunities to escape. I would like to set something up like that, so that IF you or any AI king gets captured, there is a flavorful series of events that culminates in an Escape, Ransom, Remain Prisoner, Died Some How. Don't think I'll get to that for quite some time on my own.

And yes, lorrelion, use and modify at your will.