• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello
First, thanks for those who took over and kept the mod alive ! :)

I spend some time to see what changed (Celebrimbor gameplay starting in the 6000 to see peacefully how colonization works).

- It took about 160 years for my fist "county" (vanilla term) to get over 5000 pop and lose the "being colonized" tag.
Is it working as intended ? Seems awfully long. I could understand it to be very long for elves however.
Is it also that long for over races ? Seems so from what I saw with AI races.

The big problem however is that the game slows down a lot before that (much worse than in Stellaris). I wonder if it is not because of the calculation of the population in every county.
If so, wouldn't a timer be more efficient ? (the population number is quite realistic and immersive, I really like the idea, but the slowing down is game breaking IMO)

- The "bad dream" events kept poping again and again. I chose to remove it from the files to keep playing.

- minor thing : the "lonely mountain" building in Erebor is still there but the event to remove it was removed. That was part of the old colonization system to give more flavour to Erebor, but it no longer makes sense.

Keep it up guys :)

yea, should take ~100 years for the colony to complete, we have plans for more influencers in the future but we're bogged down with the history overhaul so can't focus on improving mechanics, unfortunately.
It's a yearly check, no idea why it'd cause a constant slowdown rather than during it's check.

Hi folks. Can I get the discord link? I haven't seen it here or ModDb.

From the FAQ it says: Are any DLCs required to run MEP?
It is highly recommended to have at least the Old Gods, Republic and the Legacy of Rome for the best experience.

I'm trying out the FtP CKII so I won't have any dlc. I suppose any of my issues won't be regarded in such a case, as in I shouldn't report anything?

Changing council positions still not working. Waiting for the next release.

Respectfully Disagree x 1
Open council window, right click on a councilor, choose "change council position", left click it and, voila - nothing happens.

In vanilla, mind you, pressing said option means another popup window shows up where you do the actual changing process.

And this option is normally meant to avoid the opinion penalty and cooldown for firing/re-hiring councilors, in case you haven't much played the game at all.

P.s. Haven't tested the hotfix yet.

Tried the latest version (with hotfix), councilor bug still there, so will wait for the next version instead.

Hello everyone, I'm a big fan of your work and also a former member of the original team who worked on Middle Earth Project.
I'm currently working on a province.bmp map of Middle Earth for Crusader Kings 3 and I'd like to start a LOTR project for the new incoming chapter. I know it is still a bit early, but I'd like to have a set up to work on when the game is finally out. So far, Lindon, Forochel and great portions of Arthedain and Gondor are done. Provinces are split into baronies, as seen in CK3 Dev Diaries, and I'm both taking notes and doing searches in order to have ready made infos for the history/titles modding.

If anybody's interested to join me, send me a PM :)

Preview of Gondor with Andrast, Pinnath Gelin, Anfalas and Lamedon provinces

ds3dZ8t.png

I suppose if you know the dev team and have worked on the project it isn't an issue....but I don't know if i've ever seen an outside dev come into a thread and actively try and recruit members of another team for a project.

Either way i'm sure you have everything worked out with Sinstar or whoever is runnning the Middle Earth project right now and that it isn't a big deal.

I suppose if you know the dev team and have worked on the project it isn't an issue....but I don't know if i've ever seen an outside dev come into a thread and actively try and recruit members of another team for a project.

Either way i'm sure you have everything worked out with Sinstar or whoever is runnning the Middle Earth project right now and that it isn't a big deal.

Where did i try to recruit the members of the current mep team? Lol

I've just asked if anybody of the topic readers were interested in joining a project like this in the future. If I wanted to recruit the current MEP team members, (and I don't want to, since I guess they already have a lot of work to do) I would have sent them a PM.

At the moment, CK3 forum doesn't even a subforum for modding and I think it's a little too early to open one tbh.

Furthermore, I don't see how a project that could come out in a couple of years for a different game could undermine the current MEP work.

However, if Sinstar wants me to delete the message, no problem :)

Is it stable to play the Fourth Era?

EDIT1:Will I lost some Supernatural Events and Absurd events related to Middle Earth if I disable in the Game Rules?
EDIT2: If Fourth Era bookmark is not stable, what bookmark is stable to start?

Last edited: