• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
just like the river Sio does when leaving my little lake:) So I could just raise the lake if I added it as a sea province, and then get the blue colour effect?

You have to modify topology, river map and terrain map.
On river map, if the river goes through the lake you need to continue running "under" the lake. (take a look to what we did for russian lakes).

You have to modify topology, river map and terrain map.
On river map, if the river goes through the lake you need to continue running "under" the lake. (take a look to what we did for russian lakes).

I underrstand that part the thing that eluded me was the colour, as far as I can see you made the russian lakes like PI have made the Finish ones, instead of the way the Bodensea is made.

edit- Still can't get it to work:mad:

Last edited:
I underrstand that part the thing that eluded me was the colour, as far as I can see you made the russian lakes like PI have made the Finish ones, instead of the way the Bodensea is made.

edit- Still can't get it to work:mad:

Russian lakes and finnish ones are at sea level.
When they go accross a border they have themself the thick blue border around them and theyt are darker, otherwise just sand beach around with some clearer blue waters.

Russian lakes and finnish ones are at sea level.
When they go accross a border they have themself the thick blue border around them and theyt are darker, otherwise just sand beach around with some clearer blue waters.

Hmm getting borders from adding as sea province seems to be enough to make it not hurt ones eyes when looking at the lake.

Btw I will have to prospone the easterneurope river changes to tomorrow:blush: but I promise I will do it then

Hmm getting borders from adding as sea province seems to be enough to make it not hurt ones eyes when looking at the lake.

Btw I will have to prospone the easterneurope river changes to tomorrow:blush: but I promise I will do it then

-OK
-no problem, updating the Mercator isn't high on priority board as the major part of the work is done. Next additions will only be tweaks for my mapmod and requests.

I'm interested in adding this to CK2+, is that OK? Will give credit of course.

hey a new version is online^^

It tweaks rivers in Lorraine and adds commercial roads in Sahara.

LINK

Roads in Sahara. (please note that provinces are not vanilla's but they work the same, province map is not included in the Mercator)

Attachments

• ck2_2-3.png
    ck2_2-3.png
    978,1 KB · Views: 94
Nice mod, but one question for a newbie modder:

Well, quite simply, how exactly do you mod a river? I know it may be a silly question, but thing is, I tried just changed (using paint.NET) the graphics (Drawing, I know, silly). But everything went banannas, there where rivers EVERYWHERE and it was horrible.

Could you explain how I could change the Volga in Chuvasia, as that is my issue. The make it so that the meeting point of the Volga is in Chuvasia, but actually it is in Nizhny Novgorod.

Best Regards, Grull

Nice mod, but one question for a newbie modder:

Well, quite simply, how exactly do you mod a river? I know it may be a silly question, but thing is, I tried just changed (using paint.NET) the graphics (Drawing, I know, silly). But everything went banannas, there where rivers EVERYWHERE and it was horrible.

Could you explain how I could change the Volga in Chuvasia, as that is my issue. The make it so that the meeting point of the Volga is in Chuvasia, but actually it is in Nizhny Novgorod.

Best Regards, Grull

what do you by everywhere ? I hardly understand how you can do this.
on correct editing : the most important is to save your work in its original file format. the rest is a question of the right color for the right pixel (something you can easily deduct from observing how basic rivers are drawn).

does this mod add roads in europe? and the rest of the map?

nope. lisibility can be a problem in some regions.
what do you have in mind as additions ? if you have some data/maps, I can add some new ones.

what do you by everywhere ? I hardly understand how you can do this.
on correct editing : the most important is to save your work in its original file format. the rest is a question of the right color for the right pixel (something you can easily deduct from observing how basic rivers are drawn).

nope. lisibility can be a problem in some regions.
what do you have in mind as additions ? if you have some data/maps, I can add some new ones.

Thanks for your reply. Will try again.

give a test with this link

link in 1st post is probably outdated.

Does this effect territory borders. Like will the newly added rivers effect combat and will some of the (presumed) newly added mountains be impassible?
no changes on provinces borders but yes rivers are taken into account for combats. there is no newly added impassable moutains.
an update will come soon.

Brilliant mod, wish I'd seen it before I started my own river and terrain modding!

Minor issues with the current download from first post (rapidshare links don't work):
-marsh terrain doesn't seem to be recognized automatically, so Holland etc. come up as 'ocean' terrain. Requires adding terrain = marsh to their province files. Likewise, marsh isn't localized nor has defender/attacker bonuses and maluses set. I found this in my own modding, but from a quick test of this mod it is present here too.
-topology.bmp isn't updated for 1.09 with the gap in the Elbe, to make Hamburg coastal.