• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Elryck

Major
21 Badges
Feb 17, 2007
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
MOD MERCATOR
for CK 2​

Hi all,
The French's team of Strategium is pleased to offer this minimod with correct rivers, mountains, hills, terrain, delta and swamp, trees and topology... And new province map !

Versus : 2 february 2013
Authors : Elryck, Arko

Download :

Last edited:
Screenshots !

Without Mercator Mod...

...and with Mercator Mod

Rhein river delta, dutch marshland, Escaut etc...

ck2_16.png

Alpin's lake, corrected Rhein, Rhone and Danube. Spruces' spread into Jura, Vosges and Black forest

ck2_17.png

Resketched provinces :
Northern HRE

France and Alps

Iberia :

Ireland before/after :

Western Sahara :

Last edited:
Looks really nice. Does that correct only the displayed changes or all of Europe? If it is only the displayed changes, maybe other mod maker with a larger scope can include it. I really like the Dutch marshland :)

Looks really nice. Does that correct only the displayed changes or all of Europe? If it is only the displayed changes, maybe other mod maker with a larger scope can include it. I really like the Dutch marshland :)

Whole CK world !! from Scotish Highlands to Lybian desert !

Whole CK world !! from Scotish Highlands to Lybian desert !

Nice work! Can I include it into my mod Reality Kings 1066?

Nice work! Can I include it into my mod Reality Kings 1066?

Yes, it is willingly made to be compatible too pretty much everything in the way to be integrated as well in vanilla or mod.
Just don't forget credits ;)

:blush: Thank you very much ^^.
I've add : for marshes : The Pripet, Landes, netherlands, Poitou, and in river's delta : Rhine, Rhône, Ebre, Nil, Don, Dniepr, Danub etc...
In terrain map, i found three colors indexed but unused. Two for the sea, and one for the hills. But it was more like swamps. So I used it. But in the game, the name does not appear swamp. the game is considered as a hill. I have not found the solution.

I'm not sure if you made the decision already, but the Zuiderzee changed quite markedly during the period covered by the game. As you currently have it is about how it looked at the end of the period which is similar to how it was until the start of the 20th century. You might want to consider making it somewhat smaller as it was earlier in the period with Holland and Friesland almost linked. I'm not sure if accurate maps exist from this period, but in 1066 and for the first two centuries or so, the body of water was likely about half its later size and possibly a freshwater lake.

I should note that it has always be a pet peeve of mine that paradox games have not shown accurate geography for the time period. EU Rome was particularly glaring for the Netherlands, at that time, coastline erosion likely hadn't progressed far enough for there to be much if any feature to suggest the Zuiderzee would later form except perhaps a lake near the coast.

If you really want to get the area historically accurate, Zeeland and the Rhine-Meuse delta were also different at the time. However, determining what precisely they were like at the time would I imagine take a lot of time, since unlike the Zuiderzee it has not been dominated by a single erosion process but is complicated by many factors.

Last edited:
You're doubled the Mezen Bay there ... same as Paradox. When making a new world map, why repeat the same mistakes?

The coasts haven't been changed. it's vanilla.

I'm not sure if you made the decision already, but the Zuiderzee changed quite markedly during the period covered by the game. As you currently have it is about how it looked at the end of the period which is similar to how it was until the start of the 20th century. You might want to consider making it somewhat smaller as it was earlier in the period with Holland and Friesland almost linked. I'm not sure if accurate maps exist from this period, but in 1066 and for the first two centuries or so, the body of water was likely about half its later size and possibly a freshwater lake.

I should note that it has always be a pet peeve of mine that paradox games have not shown accurate geography for the time period. EU Rome was particularly glaring for the Netherlands, at that time, coastline erosion likely hadn't progressed far enough for there to be much if any feature to suggest the Zuiderzee would later form except perhaps a lake near the coast.

If you really want to get the area historically accurate, Zeeland and the Rhine-Meuse delta were also different at the time. However, determining what precisely they were like at the time would I imagine take a lot of time, since unlike the Zuiderzee it has not been dominated by a single erosion process but is complicated by many factors.

About Zuiderzee, same as above, we didn't change the coasts as it is really a pain to do.

Yeah we know rhine and maas delta isn't perfect. Tthe region changed a lot, so it is difficult to track changes and to put it correctly on the map.
They are some limitations on joining/separating different branches, and the map scale of course limits precision.
If you have suggestions or map let us know.

Last edited:
Hey guys did you upload a new version in the meantime?

Apart from that I got the feeling that you might have included maybe too many rivers. It would be important to only include the rivers that could actually be important for battles as this is their only function in CK2 (to affect battles).

Hey guys did you upload a new version in the meantime?

Apart from that I got the feeling that you might have included maybe too many rivers. It would be important to only include the rivers that could actually be important for battles as this is their only function in CK2 (to affect battles).

Rivers also have an eye candy use. Eye candy is goOd !

We removed a few, but yes we add some more.

About battle effect, I personaly never see really any difference during a fight with or without river (as with pretty any other terrain combat effect...). but this could be increased, but it is not the point of this mod.

No new version ATM. Any suggestions about improving elements is welcome.

It's possible. Especially at germany. But in this first version, we wanted to be very near at reality. But over time, one can take away from those who actually do not have a great tactical importance.

MOD MERCATOR
forCK 2, all version​

Hi all,
The French's team of Strategium is pleased to offer this minimod with correct rivers, mountains, hills, terrain, delta and swamp, trees and topology...

Versus : April 1st
Authors : Elryck, Arko

Download :

The download link does not work anymore. Can you please fix it?

Besides, why is Holland made of hills. I thought that there would be marshland/swamps as a possible topography in the game :)

The download link does not work anymore. Can you please fix it?

Besides, why is Holland made of hills. I thought that there would be marshland/swamps as a possible topography in the game :)

Hills is only the name of the texture. no way to change it. but it looks like swaps yeah. There have been an update since lthis version.

I'll notice the broken link issue to Elryck.
Not sure if it is the latest version but try this.

PS : if you speak French, sure you should want to join the French community on Strategium CK forumsHERE.

Hills is only the name of the texture. no way to change it. but it looks like swaps yeah. There have been an update since lthis version.

I'll notice the broken link issue to Elryck.
Not sure if it is the latest version but try this.

PS : if you speak French, sure you should want to join the French community on Strategium CK forumsHERE.

Merci beaucoup, mais je suis allemand and je ne comprend pas beaucoup de francais :)