• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
played a longer game with the mod, it is really nice.

-will you rework a bit the religious CB ? it makes the games a bit too peacefull at the moment.
-something than can be nice is a tooltip on ressources to indicate what are the developpment chains available from it, or more precisely, just named the derived products.

apg: I'm currently reworking the initialization events to fit with the MOB map, starting with tin mining in Cornwall and Devon. The industry there went back to the bronze age, so I want to show some continuity. Question though: do you know how to add a specific building to any city holding in a province that is in a feudal character demesne AND has e.g., the tin_deposits modifier? I mean by event. I know that you can just build the building for your barony vassals. :)

I have thought of using:

Code:
random_province_lord = { limit = { is_republic = yes } }

or something like that.

played a longer game with the mod, it is really nice.

-will you rework a bit the religious CB ? it makes the games a bit too peacefull at the moment.
-something than can be nice is a tooltip on ressources to indicate what are the developpment chains available from it, or more precisely, just named the derived products.

thanks glad you like it, the next patch is going to be much better, through bug fixes and features...

the thing i fins the AI does though is just ridiculous, HRE owning half of africa is just one such issue, i shall look at mire detail into the CB's with future patches.

do you mean when you hover over the resource icon in the province view?

apg: I'm currently reworking the initialization events to fit with the MOB map, starting with tin mining in Cornwall and Devon. The industry there went back to the bronze age, so I want to show some continuity. Question though: do you know how to add a specific building to any city holding in a province that is in a feudal character demesne AND has e.g., the tin_deposits modifier? I mean by event. I know that you can just build the building for your barony vassals. :)

I have thought of using:

Code:
random_province_lord = { limit = { is_republic = yes } }

or something like that.

yes 'random_province_lord = { limit = { is_republic = yes } }' should do the trick...

do you mean when you hover over the resource icon in the province view?

yes. XXX_DESC thingy to know a bit more what to build and why not indicating in which holding type the ressource can be transformed. f.e. "Apiary, produces : -Honey transformable in town and -Wax transformable in bishopric"

on religious CB :
the matter is I don't know if almost cutting holy war CB for muslims is a good thing regarding to decadence (well, they have already hard time to deal with it).

The traits approach of it is nice though. maybe open to more traits (religious education, vertuous traits and martial traits maybe. stewarding traits reserved to focus on peacefull development). some piety cost or requirement can be added too. an exception to those for excom'ed rulers to repent is a possibility too.

Hi apg. I've been testing out Magnate Lords and found it to be a really great expansion on the rather barebones CK2 economics. I'd like to integrate it into CK2+ if you'll permit me to do so.

Hi apg. I've been testing out Magnate Lords and found it to be a really great expansion on the rather barebones CK2 economics. I'd like to integrate it into CK2+ if you'll permit me to do so.

thanks for asking Wiz but i would prefer not too, i would rather our mods go in different directions and expand/advance in different ways.

thanks for asking Wiz but i would prefer not too, i would rather our mods go in different directions and expand/advance in different ways.

That's unfortunate, but I respect your decision of course. I suppose I'll just have to whip up my own thing for the economy.

second patch released!

new pillaging/razing/looting/respecting system for characters leading troops after a siege.
new traits - agriculturalist, expert agriculturalist, pillager & marauder. Each with excellent new icons by killzerslaul & tyomanator.
lots of bugs fixed and hopefully more balance.

Code:
[COLOR="#00FF00"]V0.30[/COLOR]

- New decision, Ransom Tithe - if a character is imprisoned and needs to accrue gold for his ransom, he can do so, though his vassals may not like it. A maximum of 3 vassals can be pressed for the tithe.
   The decision can only be used once in every 5 years.
 - Mercenary hire cost & maintenance cost are now more balanced with magnate lords. The AI should be much more willing to hire mercenaries.
 - Assassination cost rank multiplier reduced to 60 gold per level.
 - Can no longer declare holy war if you are a lunatic. 
 - Holy war can only be declared against neighboring realms. The mongol hordes can no longer use the holy war CB.
 - You now get slightly more piety from releasing a prisoner.
 - Characters martial skill reduces revolt risk of controlled provinces. A 10 martial character would recieve a -0.01 revolt risk for each owned province.
 - Reduced the potential to easily accrue stewardship from the 'demesnial gaming grounds hunt' event line.
 - Rebalanced various fort level bonuses recieved from keeps, walls & defensive structures.
 - Assaulting sieged holdings is now more precarious.
 - Galleys now hold 250 men.
 - Muslims are now 2x as likely to breed war horses.
 - Added new modifier icons for work & war horses. 
 - Reduced the martial requirement to become a 'horse breeder' to 10.
 - Increased contagiousness of all diseases.
 - Reduced the frequency of the vanilla battle events causing characters to become wounded, maimed, incapable or dead.
 - Fixed the issue regarding william the bastards lack of ships & thus failing to invade england.
 - Addressed error which prevented the resource 'naptha' from showing.
 - Fixed a large error which prevented the following resources from being produced by provinces: Goats cheese, Fur (from game animals), honey, wax, salted fish & poultry meat. 
 - Fixed an error preventing the smithing buildings line being constructed in provinces with war horses.
 - Further tweaks to the frequency of good/bad economical events happening. Should be more balanced now, but continous years of bad harvests etc. are still possible.
 - Large amounts of gold are no longer automatically accrued from successful sieges.
 - Introduced a new method of pillaging, which can be taken after a siege. The option to pillage/loot/respect holding (through event) will not occur after every siege, 
   but will be fairly common.
 - A new system of pillaging castles & Cities:
   - holdings can be 'respected' after a siege giving the character in command a piety boost.
   - holdings can be looted for their gold worth after a siege, though castles dont offer as much gold as cities when looted.
   - holdings can be razed after a siege, possibly destroying much of the castles/cities buildings. This can come at a great cost in piety but can of course weaken enemies.
 - A new system of pillaging religious holdings:
   - Events to respect/loot/raze religious holdings are available to christians conquering islamic provinces & muslims conquering christain provinces.
   - Zealous characters (either christians in islamic land or muslims in christian land) on crusade ONLY, can conquer religious holdings and attempt to convert religious buildings 
     of worship into their own form of religious buiding.
     i.e. a christian can attempt to convert a mosque into a church and thus convert the province through aggresive means. This action is costly and will not always work,
     but is sure to please the pope when successful.  
 - The AI has the same ability to pillage as the player, though the AI will not raze holdings wrecklessly, AI vs AI will seldom burn castles/cities but it can happen occasionaly,
   all dependant on the commanders traits etc.
   The exception to this rule is with regards to mongol hordes, they will decimate most places they visit. The AI will also not be kind to human players, demesnial grounds will 
   have to be defended well to prevent the destruction of valuable holdings.   
 - Holdings with 3 buildings & above can be pillaged/looted/respected. The events do not fire for holdings with fewer than 3 buildings.
 - New traits [COLOR="#FFFF00"]'Pillager'[/COLOR] & [COLOR="#FFFF00"]'Marauder'[/COLOR]. Gained dependent on decisions made regarding settlements after sieges. Characters who loot alot may receive the pillager trait, characters who raze holdings may gain the 
marauder trait.
 - Pillager trait gives a martial bonus and gives characters a chance to gain a lot more gold during sieges.
 - Marauders gain a +2 martial but are disliked by characters with good virtues & the church.
 - Added new event 'character recognised as pillager'.
 - Added new event 'character recognised as marauder'.
 - Added new event 'farmland of the besieged'.
 - Farming Infrastructure can now be destroyed during a siege. A character in command of a siege (with 12+ martial) can receieve the above event & can choose to raze the land, thus 
   destroying any communal tenures, farmsteads, irrigated manors etc.
 - Added 'Horses of general breed' to Aprutium.
 - Added traits [COLOR="#FFFF00"]'Agriculturalist'[/COLOR] & [COLOR="#FFFF00"]'Expert Agriculturalist'[/COLOR]. To become an agriculturalist you must have minimum 7 stewardship and have atleast a communal tenure within your demesne (amongst other prereqs - i.e. military men are less likely to become agriculturalists but its possible), your steward may approach you for a chat, and you can decide if your character is to take interest in matters of the land. The trait can only ever be recieved after your character makes various decisions relating to events, wise 
decisions mean he is more likely to become one, if he neglects the land then he will not.
 - Added new event 'more oxen to work the land'.
 - Added new event 'introduce greater crop rotation'.
 - Added new event 'new water system'.
 - Added new event 'expand demesnial farming (1)'.
 - Added new event 'expand demesnial farming (2)'.
 - Added new event 'character recognised as agriculturalist'.
 - Added new event 'character recognised as an expert agriculturalist'.
 - Incorporated avee's 'better rebels mod'. Permissions carried over from strongholds & citadels.
 - Added new event 'game is being poached'.
 - Added new event 'frost effecting crop'.
 - Added new event 'storm brewing'.
 - Added new nicknames: 'The Farmer', 'The Agriculturalist', 'The horseman', 'The Equestrian', 'The Pillager', 'The Looter', 'The Ravager', 'The marauder', 'The Butcher' & 'The Sacker'.  

- Trait Ammendments:
 - Increased the health risk from being stressed, depressed, ill, weak, pneumonic, leprotic, wounded, maimed & infirm.
 - Increased lethality when suffering from tuberculosis, typhoid fever, typhus, measles, small pox.
 - reduced fertility when weak, ill, infirm & incapable.
 - Greedy now gives +20% gold income.
 - Charitable now gives -20% gold income.
 - Craven now gives +1 intrigue.
 - Zealous now only gives +1 martial, an increased 1.20 piety per month & a reduced +15 same opinion if same religion opinion.

- Misc:
 - Addressed many minor bugs which may/may-not have been causing errors.
 - Slightly increased the efficiency of all the events within resource_flavour_events.txt

[COLOR="#008000"]hint: 'expert agriculturalist' may be a much more valuable trait than it seems.[/COLOR] 

much effort made by killzerslaul, tyomanator & grallonsphere.

Please can you give feedback regarding how you see the pillaging working (i.e. too harsh/too easy) and on any other issues you feel necessary.

Last edited:
Hi there guys !

I would like to propose Magnate Lords as a recommanded compatible aside with my mapmod but it is not fully compatible as it. the only file that needs an adaptation is the initial ressources event to match with my province numbering. Basicaly, I would just like the autorisation to adapt and distribute this one file with my mod as a patch for people who want to use both mods together.
Hope on your kindness for a positive feedback to my request, I'll just need to test your latest patch now^^

Regards,
Arko.

do you have any suggestions?

i havent really though of nicknames...

Sorry for the late response...
A Dutch duke or count was called "peasant friend" or something like that because he investigated for the agriculture a lot.
Horse breeder with good martial skill could have a related nickname too (skillful rider or so).

And congratulation to the new version.

Hi there guys !

I would like to propose Magnate Lords as a recommanded compatible aside with my mapmod but it is not fully compatible as it. the only file that needs an adaptation is the initial ressources event to match with my province numbering. Basicaly, I would just like the autorisation to adapt and distribute this one file with my mod as a patch for people who want to use both mods together.
Hope on your kindness for a positive feedback to my request, I'll just need to test your latest patch now^^

Regards,
Arko.

yes that sounds good to me. I will put that you have permissions on the front page, shall i write it is for 'mod mercator'?

i hope you enjoy the features of the new patch.

Please can you tell me what you think of the pillaging and other minor tweaks if you feel necessary.

Sorry for the late response...
A Dutch duke or count was called "peasant friend" or something like that.
Horse breeder with good martial skill could have a related nickname too (skillful rider or so).

And congratulation to the new version.

thanks,

yes i included a few nicknames in this version, i will try and think of some more for horse breeders, the two i included for horsebreeders already are 'the equestrian' & 'the horseman'.

thanks,

yes i included a few nicknames in this version, i will try and think of some more for horse breeders, the two i included for horsebreeders already are 'the equestrian' & 'the horseman'.

Nice that you have already considered some nicknames.
As for nicknames with horses, there could be some negative or not so positive names, f.e. "stud" (with many children), or "falling from horse" (with miserable martial skill).

yes that sounds good to me. I will put that you have permissions on the front page, shall i write it is for 'mod mercator'?

i hope you enjoy the features of the new patch.

Please can you tell me what you think of the pillaging and other minor tweaks if you feel necessary.

Big thanks, it is for Nova Regna Occidentalis. the Mercator is only a map layout ressource.
I also began to work on the French translation of some parts. If you don't mind, I will submit it to you when it will ready.

For sure I will continue to comment when I feel the need to.

Nice that you have already considered some nicknames.
As for nicknames with horses, there could be some negative or not so positive names, f.e. "stud" (with many children), or "falling from horse" (with miserable martial skill).

lol yes 'the stud' sounds a good nickname, and maybe 'the pony' for someone with poor martial skills?

Big thanks, it is for Nova Regna Occidentalis. the Mercator is only a map layout ressource.
I also began to work on the French translation of some parts. If you don't mind, I will submit it to you when it will ready.

yes i have no problems with accepting translations... as long as they are very accurate and well written.

thanks, i look forward to hearing your opinion on the 2nd patch.

yes i have no problems with accepting translations... as long as they are very accurate and well written.

As accurate as it can be without having 3 English words extended to 10 words in French I assume.
A few adaptations are sometimes needed. Anyway, Grallonsphere will be able to judge it.

lol yes 'the stud' sounds a good nickname, and maybe 'the pony' for someone with poor martial skills?

Yeah "the pony" or "the mule" is good for misguided horsemen.

As accurate as it can be without having 3 English words extended to 10 words in French I assume.
A few adaptations are sometimes needed. Anyway, Grallonsphere will be able to judge it.

I feel sure your French is excellent already. As for the translation itself - they say that 'with English you can go to the end of the world but with French you get to the bottom of things' :p