• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
here is the resource map we have for the new provinces paradox added to western africa:

View attachment 57519

this is for 'Count Coleman' as he asked what resources we will put in the area.

So Djenne has acces to stone, ebony wood & timber. for example.
Shouldn't there be gold and salt there? Wikipedia has this pic showing the goldfields in brown:
View attachment 57570

Edit: Oops, didn't see the gold.

That is extremely cool, but I do have some questions.
In that chart there are goods that seem to be regional (i.e. Egyptian linen, Kolen Steelworks, Eastern/Western Silk, etc.) are these specifically regional goods? If they are, how is it determined, just by providence ID? I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to spread the knowledge of the production of these specialty goods?
Are you guys planning to release before next week's patch with the fix posted?
And I don't suppose you'd post a similar map for Russia as you did for West Africa?
Anyway, I'm terribly excited for this mod, you guys clearly put a lot of thought and effort into this and the resource icons look absolutely fantastic.

thanks for your interest,

1) for example koln steel is only creatable in koln, so it is province specific yes. Currently it is not possible to spread the production of these goods.
2) we will probably release next week after paradox release the next patch.
3) here is the map for russia:

Trade_Goods_Russ.jpg

I like Where you are going with this. I just read an article about Venice and their Mirror factories. They made the best mirrors and that was what made Venice famous and rich. Other city states and rulers wanted to make mirrors themselves so they used industrial espionage or bribed makers of mirrors to come to them. Venice would have none of that so if a mirror maker was found guilty in taking a bribe they were executed but if they were loyal they would get a huge income and a pension maybe even granted land so they wouldn't go anywhere. If you could use you spy-master to also do industrial espionage that would be so cool and by having a Spy-master in an area where you want to now their tradesecrets it could also be possible to bribe makers of set secret. In regards to the last maybe have some of your courtiers as guild members for the different trades as a trait or maybe even as an education, Then the bribe would be the gift and if they like you enough an invite to your court should do.:)

these are good ideas, but i am unsure if i would be able to implement them. Maybe we could do event chains though related to the venetian mirrors...

Here's the workchart of resources and their transformation process we've been using.

View attachment 57531

Edit: Note that the manufactured commodities are in orange and the specialties are in dark red. Also we've removed 'graphite deposits'.

yes we have replaced graphite with chalk. Also for people who have looked at the chart it is not 100% accurate, for example lard has been removed from the game. Also not all provinces can go onto advance onto certain goods, e.g. byzantium can go onto produce glass, but york cannot. We can explain things closer to release.

Do you have any plans to model the Black Sea Slave Trade?

This mod looks really interesting. I'm holding off on starting my custom Venetian game until this is released. :D

Do you have any plans to model the Black Sea Slave Trade?

This mod looks really interesting. I'm holding off on starting my custom Venetian game until this is released. :D

yes we are looking to add aspects of trade in the future. Currently though we have a vastly overhauled/enhanced building system & the production of goods in place.

soooo... the 1.06 update is long out... any plans on release? if not maybe you should change the main post because I have been checking this every so often for the last couple days and found nothing. =P

soooo... the 1.06 update is long out... any plans on release? if not maybe you should change the main post because I have been checking this every so often for the last couple days and found nothing. =P

we are waiting for the 1.06 hotfix to be released by paradox, which should be out soon.

thanks for the interest.

currently i am trying to adapt the mod to 1.06b but am having no luck whatsoever, the castles buildings are displaying properly but city & temple buildings arent displaying at all - and i have no idea why lol.

EDIT: Fixed!

Last edited:
thanks for the answer. good luck on the modding though. looking forward to playing with this. I tend to play as smaller nations with specific goals and house rules, so this should spice up the castle and town building along the way and make the game better in general. couple this with that trait mod (cant remember the name) and ill have an excellent game to play.

thanks for the answer. good luck on the modding though. looking forward to playing with this. I tend to play as smaller nations with specific goals and house rules, so this should spice up the castle and town building along the way and make the game better in general. couple this with that trait mod (cant remember the name) and ill have an excellent game to play.

thanks, well i think i have fixed the problem now, everytime paradox releases a patch there is always some drama to deal with lol.

"I tend to play as smaller nations with specific goals and house rules, so this should spice up the castle and town building along the way and make the game better in general." - yes we hope to add some more depth to the game in that sense.