• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You might want to take a look at the Hanseatic League mod for ideas about trade leagues, or even join forces with them.

i think that we both have different views and ways of displaying goods & economy & that our mods are already to different from one another for any collaboration. Though its good to see that we arent the only people who think trade and such need improving in CK2.

You might want to take a look at the Hanseatic League mod for ideas about trade leagues, or even join forces with them.

i think that we both have different views and ways of displaying goods & economy & that our mods are already to different from one another for any collaboration. Though its good to see that we arent the only people who think trade and such need improving in CK2.

Thanks for your interest on my mod, Richvh! Since my mod is the first mod (AFIK) in this forum which introduced the idea of trade goods, I had to start it as primitive one. So is the trade sphere in my HL mod, and I am satisfied with this simple mechanic, because CK2 is not ANNO 1404 or Patrician in my eyes.
Magnate Lords will go further steps and become more sophisticated mod than mine, and I am afraid that my mod lacking depth couldn't help this mod well, while I could give some suggestion about trade, if this mod appears and the developers want. :)

Last edited:
Have you tried this temp fix that the Game of Thrones team is using to work around that?

thanks for the link, il have a look at it.

EDIT:thanks mp84, iv tried it and it works at rectifying the problem, so that means maybe a bit more progress on the mod for now.

Last edited:
I have a question. Doesn't this mod make baronies kind of useless? It seems that temples and cities receive a lot of buffs and baronies do not seem to get a lot of love.

I have a question. Doesn't this mod make baronies kind of useless? It seems that temples and cities receive a lot of buffs and baronies do not seem to get a lot of love.

no baronies are far from useless, castles are were your troops will come from, cities and temples can offer wealth, baronies with their castles are your firepower, they produce many more troops than cities and temples, its just that its harder for them too be an economic powerhouse also.

Last edited:
What about villages or towns in baronies if you do some Economy for Castles that has or build these they would be included.
On another note will this mod be compatible with Balancegang?

What about villages or towns in baronies if you do some Economy for Castles that has or build these they would be included.
On another note will this mod be compatible with Balancegang?

yes the villages/towns etc can be built in castles, the main points of economy in castles are mining/quarrying stone/iron/copper etc, tree felling and farming. So if you control a barony in a province that has access to large amounts of wheat but does not have many trees in the area and does not have access to mineral ore, than you can develop your barony to be more profitable through farming, though there is'nt much money to be made in farming compared to mining for example. We wanted to make the mod so that players dont always end up with the ridiculously inflated levels of income from every holding, like vanilla.

money is still made from castles, but they are primary places for troop production.

and i dont know if it will be compatible with balensegang, we dont have any plans on integrating with other mods atm.

Last edited:
baronies do not seem to get a lot of love

And we have overhauled every single one of the vanilla castle buildings (as well as made many new building lines for castles) so they have recieved lots of love! I was just emphasizing the economic importance of cities/temples.

here is the resource map we have for the new provinces paradox added to western africa:

West Africa.jpg

this is for 'Count Coleman' as he asked what resources we will put in the area.

So Djenne has acces to stone, ebony wood & timber. for example.

How about a key to the resource icons? A few I can guess (fish, salt, ivory; is the sheep looking one in eastern Gao, Timbuktu and Ghana wool? What's the goat-looking one in Gao, Mali and Zarma?) the rest are mysteries.

How about a key to the resource icons? A few I can guess (fish, salt, ivory; is the sheep looking one in eastern Gao, Timbuktu and Ghana wool? What's the goat-looking one in Gao, Mali and Zarma?) the rest are mysteries.

yes sorry a key would help wouldnt it lol, the sheep means the province has many sheep, goat symbol means many goats are in the province, the golden lump is gold, the cow is cattle, and the tiger skin is not implemented in game yet so that can be ignored.

That is extremely cool, but I do have some questions.
In that chart there are goods that seem to be regional (i.e. Egyptian linen, Kolen Steelworks, Eastern/Western Silk, etc.) are these specifically regional goods? If they are, how is it determined, just by providence ID? I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to spread the knowledge of the production of these specialty goods?
Are you guys planning to release before next week's patch with the fix posted?
And I don't suppose you'd post a similar map for Russia as you did for West Africa?
Anyway, I'm terribly excited for this mod, you guys clearly put a lot of thought and effort into this and the resource icons look absolutely fantastic.

Last edited:
That is extremely cool, but I do have some questions.
In that chart there are goods that seem to be regional (i.e. Egyptian linen, Kolen Steelworks, Eastern/Western Silk, etc.) are these specifically regional goods? If they are, how is it determined, just by providence ID? I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to spread the knowledge of the production of these specialty goods?
Are you guys planning to release before next week's patch with the fix posted?
And I don't suppose you'd post a similar map for Russia as you did for West Africa?
Anyway, I'm terribly excited for this mod, you guys clearly put a lot of thought and effort into this and the resource icons look absolutely fantastic.
I like Where you are going with this. I just read an article about Venice and their Mirror factories. They made the best mirrors and that was what made Venice famous and rich. Other city states and rulers wanted to make mirrors themselves so they used industrial espionage or bribed makers of mirrors to come to them. Venice would have none of that so if a mirror maker was found guilty in taking a bribe they were executed but if they were loyal they would get a huge income and a pension maybe even granted land so they wouldn't go anywhere. If you could use you spy-master to also do industrial espionage that would be so cool and by having a Spy-master in an area where you want to now their tradesecrets it could also be possible to bribe makers of set secret. In regards to the last maybe have some of your courtiers as guild members for the different trades as a trait or maybe even as an education, Then the bribe would be the gift and if they like you enough an invite to your court should do.:)

Similar thing:

King Roger II. of Sicily loved the silk products of greece factorys around Korinth; so in one of his wars with Byzanz he just raped the people nowing how to work with silk and brought them to Sicily; That was the beginning of the royal ateliers were was made also some stuff of the coronation clothes for later german Emperors like Friedrich II. of Hohenstaufen and others; Now visitable in Vienna in the treasury.