• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the bonus of these goods only tax income? I just imagine marble products could reduce building cost (and maybe construction time too, since they don't need to buy marble from other provinces).

building cost is reduced by the actualy sculptor buildings and marble workshops etc, not by the province modifier.

never realised Leicestershire was so hilly :) Good luck with this, it's admirably ambitious

never realised Leicestershire was so hilly :) Good luck with this, it's admirably ambitious

lol, yeh its quite hard to find good pictures which can always be applicable to a province, but it is a nice picture though isnt it. and thanks for the support, we shall be releasing after 1.06 most of the economic progression is finished now, or at least the base is.

this looks bloody great and i am well up for trying this. could i ask if at all posiible could this be made compatible with the prince and the thane as cjoosing between the two would be difficult.
The character flesh out is the best there is but lets face it from what you are delivering you will be the main economic expansion to date and asking people to choose between cherries and strawberries is difficult indeed.

You could have the trade associations work based on availability of bonuses and Wars. So in the case of Flemish Cloth, if the English have their Wool building, the Flems have their Cloth workshop, then Brugge and York get a small bonus to their economies called English Wool Trade in addition to their Wool/Cloth production. It would be not worth nearly as much as the Cloth production itself, to represent the extra profits of trade.

Provided, of course, that England is not at war with Brugge or its liege.

This really looks outstanding, I can't wait for 1.06 to drop, not because SoI will follow but because ML will! This appears amazingly ambitious, and i'm itching to give it a go!

this looks bloody great and i am well up for trying this. could i ask if at all posiible could this be made compatible with the prince and the thane as cjoosing between the two would be difficult.
The character flesh out is the best there is but lets face it from what you are delivering you will be the main economic expansion to date and asking people to choose between cherries and strawberries is difficult indeed.

thanks!, we dont have intentions to join up with another team atm, the mods might not be too complicated to join for you to use for yourself though.

This really looks outstanding, I can't wait for 1.06 to drop, not because SoI will follow but because ML will! This appears amazingly ambitious, and i'm itching to give it a go!

thanks for your enthusiasm!

Last edited:
Will trading and city leagues be a part of the mod? It would be awesome to see Hanseatic kontors established, especially if they gave access to goods from faraway lands...Silk and spice routes would be cool too, if possible

Will trading and city leagues be a part of the mod? It would be awesome to see Hanseatic kontors established, especially if they gave access to goods from faraway lands...Silk and spice routes would be cool too, if possible

There is a plan for dynamic trade routes - which we won't discuss for now. Let's first establish the foundations - then we can build on those. But I must say, once again, that without full disclosure of *the whole* modding syntax/grammar by Paradox - our work (and everybody else' ) is hampered.

Looks great. I am monitoring this mod.

thanks.

Simply amazing! Will you rework on culture too?

what do you have in mind for culture?

currently we have made it so cultural buildings are available in there relevant provinces and always stay the same, irrespective of a characters culture. So you willl always be able to recruit heavy cavalry from Eu & Mortain, etc.

Last edited:
This looks amazing, and I can't wait to play it. It seems particularly suited to the way I want to play the new Moslem DLC. The West African empires of Ghana, Mali and Songhai of the CKII period were renowned sources of gold. Will gold mining and gold minting be featured in the mod? I really hope so. The goldfields of West Africa were the reason the region was named the Gold Coast, and having that resource gives them a chance to fend off European and Arab would-be conquerors.

This looks amazing, and I can't wait to play it. It seems particularly suited to the way I want to play the new Moslem DLC. The West African empires of Ghana, Mali and Songhai of the CKII period were renowned sources of gold. Will gold mining and gold minting be featured in the mod? I really hope so. The goldfields of West Africa were the reason the region was named the Gold Coast, and having that resource gives them a chance to fend off European and Arab would-be conquerors.

thanks, yes there are gold, silver and gemstone deposits on the map, to name a few out of a total of 16 resources which can be specifically mined for. Here are the current provinces with gold deposits, of which more will be added to westen Africa after the 1.06 patch is released, so we can see what new provinces they have added and where it would be suitable to place more gold & silver etc.

Code:
Current Provinces Containing Gold:

province_id = 156 # Coruna
province_id = 831 # Al Djazair
province_id = 671 # suenik
province_id = 501 # Naissus
province_id = 885 # Matamma
province_id = 882 # Ankober
province_id = 905 # Herat
province_id = 363 # Litomerice
province_id = 437 # Praha
province_id = 506 # Vidin
province_id = 515 # Tirgoviste
province_id = 893 # Surgut

and yes you will be able to receive all of the same events as a muslim that christians do, but we are making the mod from a christian point of view, so events will be worded in a christian fashion, event pics will be related to christians etc as it is far too much work to rewrite everything for muslims as well.

I had a fairly complex buildings system in the works for Lux Invicta... part of my long term vision for the mod was to have a building/province management/development system so complex you can just try to develop things forever and forget about war hehe... but I saw this mod and I suddenly think this might be the ultimate buildings mod?

Since this is not released, and my buildings system is also a way off being released, I'm just wondering if in the future you might give permission to use some parts of this mod (with credit given of course etc) for Lux Invicta? I'm unsure how it would vibe with my own system but I'm sure some of the things you did are awesome.

currently we have no plans to adjust culture yet (other than buildings), but maybe in the future.

Culture is a pretty different topic. If you do so, please keep it a separate module.

You might want to take a look at the Hanseatic League mod for ideas about trade leagues, or even join forces with them.