• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, a stealth update too, what with those fixes in the github file! Thank you kindly, tsf4!

Extremely happy this glorious mod is still chugging on at its own pace <3

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Try downloading the Github version then.

Press the Green code button, and then download zip.

Unzip files once downloaded, and then drag the folder over to ck2/mod folder.

make sure the .mod file's path line matches the place the mod files are in

mod/lux-invicta-repository
Thanks.

Try downloading the Github version then.

Press the Green code button, and then download zip.

Unzip files once downloaded, and then drag the folder over to ck2/mod folder.

make sure the .mod file's path line matches the place the mod files are in

mod/lux-invicta-repository
Uh, I'm gonna need instructions - specifically clear instructions - on unzipping the files, dragging the folder over to the ck2/mod folder, and that the file's path line matches the place the mod files are in mod/lux-invicta-repository.

I added instructions there... c'mon now. its all about matching up the .mod file path to where the mod is in your documents.

I really cannot say more. join the discord here if you need further help. https://discord.gg/h9CZrzXa

• 1Like
Reactions:
Uh, I'm gonna need instructions - specifically clear instructions - on unzipping the files, dragging the folder over to the ck2/mod folder, and that the file's path line matches the place the mod files are in mod/lux-invicta-repository.
Are you putting it into the ".../Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod" ? You should have a folder named "Lux Invicta" and the .mod file outside (so the "...\mod" folder has two files in it, the "Lux Invicta" folder and the "Lux Invicta.mod" file.

February 2023 release of Lux Invicta, now complete with more societies, secret religions, and bloodlines!

Big shoutout to Matthew, creator of a submod for Lux Invicta, who laid the groundwork for the big update by adding societies, secret religions, and bloodlines!

It has been awhile, but hopefully you all can enjoy this new version of Lux. Its still the same Lux you know and love, but now, most religions get access to satanist societies and assassin type societies, and the HF style of bloodlines are now in effect.

There will be bugs, please report them on Discord here: Discord.gg

Let me know what you think, and please spread the word!

Changelog:
- Many code updates for the common folder and decisions and events
- Secret religions for applicable religions
- Assassin societies for some religions
- Satanist societies for some religions
- New HF style bloodlines
- Revolt CB's updated and streamlined with latest ck2 code
- In Random World, the United Kingdom now gets religion and culture spread to it

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Nope, I am still firmly remaining on ck2.

• 3Love
Reactions:
The more I've played of CK3, the more I think this is the right choice tbh. CK3 might be ready for Lux in a few more years, but for now it is still a very barren game,
And seeing how much stuff changed from base CK 2 to all the DLCs and all the trouble tsf4 had (and still having?) to compatch and fix the code, i think it's correct to wait for more design changes and tools since he's working alone.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I am still compatching. its tough, because Lux uses complex code and I try to keep the original dev's mission as well as bring in vanilla improvements/changes. Leads to slow development.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I am still compatching. its tough, because Lux uses complex code and I try to keep the original dev's mission as well as bring in vanilla improvements/changes. Leads to slow development.
Either way, thanks for keeping it alive. This is a very fun mod with almost endless alt-hist potential but I don't have time to work on CK mods anymore (HoI eats up all my time) and Lux is one of my all-time favorites so it's great that someone is managing to keep it going and keep updating and refining it even years after the original team departed.

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Can you post a screenshot of the modifier and your char?

Greetings!
The organize a coronation ceremony never fires up and after sometime it becomes available again and it doesnt do anything
also both version from github and recent called Feb 23" still crashes after 1103 if you try to play after that date there are constant crashes and sometimes saves becomes "corrupted" for some reason and it makes the game crash while loading the game
only using this mod and nothing else

Hello, use the old version, (December 2021) it should crash less. the new version added in a bunch of Monks & Mystics content and while I thought it was good to go, did not forsee the 1100 crashing.

Coronation is a WIP, sorry.

Screenshot (513).png

How do I get rid of this modifier?

It is based on realm size. In Lux, huge realms have expanded duress to represent the logistical challenge of raising taxes and levies, and keeping men fighting well far from their homes. Simply put, if you lower your realm size, it'll go back down.

It is meant as a control of sorts. Can the player's ruler be strong and keep things together, and work against the huge bureacratic challenges seen by ruling a early medieval realm?