• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Before following Darkgamma's instructions, delete your gfx/flags folder, then patch over.
actually irrelevant, since the may 2 version in my sig predates your coptic merge thing

Two things.

First, I think the cost of creating an empire is far too high. 2.000 piety is a ridiculous amount, the best I have ever managed to stack on a single character was about a 1.000.
Perhaps the religions that can declare sacred wars are able to gather the needed piety, I wouldn't know any other way.

I've been reconsidering the high piety cost for some time now actually, but the lack of comments on that issue made me think it was probably appropriate :laugh:

to cut to the chase, the option I was considering most was reducing the piety (and gold) requirement to 500, but adding an authority requirement of 1000.
@futuregary:
For reasons you already know, I'll need your help replacing these lines (note the changed colour codes as well as the flavour text btw):

Code:
TITLE_CREATION_EMPEROR_DESC;We need to control ァY$REQ_PERC$%ァ! of its de jure Counties to create this title. Currently, we control $PERC$ ($HELD$/ァY$ALL$ァ!). Creating this title would give you ァG$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority and cost you ァR$GOLD$ァ! Gold and ァR$PIETY$ァ! Piety.
to
Code:
TITLE_CREATION_EMPEROR_DESC;In order to successfully establish this empire, our realm needs to control ァY$REQ_PERC$%ァ! of the de jure lands, of which the realm only controls ァY$PERC$ ($HELD$/ァY$ALL$ァ!). Establishing this empire and its requisite administrative implementation requires ァR$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority, ァR$GOLD$ァ! Gold, and ァR$PIETY$ァ! Piety.

Feel free to change or not change the relevant localisations for other languages :laugh:
... oh, and while you're at it:

change this:

Code:
TITLE_CREATION_KING_COST_DESC;Creating this title would give you ァG$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority and cost you ァR$GOLD$ァ! Gold and ァR$PIETY$ァ! Piety.
to
Code:
TITLE_CREATION_KING_COST_DESC;Establishing this kingdom and enforcing its administration would require ァR$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority, ァR$GOLD$ァ! Gold, and ァR$PIETY$ァ! Piety.

_
this:

Code:
TITLE_CREATION_COST_DESC;Creating this title would give you ァG$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority and cost you ァR$GOLD$ァ! Gold.
to:
Code:
TITLE_CREATION_COST_DESC;Establishing this administration requires ァR$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority and ァR$GOLD$ァ! Gold.

_
as well as

Code:
TITLE_TITULAR_CREATION_DESC;Creating this title would give you ァG$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority and cost you ァR$GOLD$ァ! and ァR$PIETY$ァ! Piety.
to this:
Code:
TITLE_TITULAR_CREATION_DESC;Establishing this unprecedented title and enforcing its administration requires ァR$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority, ァR$GOLD$ァ! Gold, and ァR$PIETY$ァ! Piety.

_
and this

Code:
TITLE_USURPATION_DESC;We need to control ァY$REQ_PERC$%ァ! of its de jure Counties to usurp this title. Currently, we control $PERC$ ($HELD$/ァY$ALL$ァ!). Usurping this title would give you ァG$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority and cost you ァR$GOLD$ァ! Gold.
to this:
Code:
TITLE_USURPATION_DESC;We require ァY$REQ_PERC$%ァ! of its de jure lands to legitimately claim this title as our own, while the realm currently only controls $PERC$ ($HELD$/ァY$ALL$ァ!). Usurping this title would give you ァG$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority, but cost you ァR$GOLD$ァ! Gold to do so.

_
as also
Code:
TITLE_DESTRUCTION_COST_DESC;Destroying this title would cost you ァR$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority. All de jure vassals of the $TITLE$ will be upset (ァR$OPINION$ァ! Opinion).
to this:
Code:
TITLE_DESTRUCTION_COST_DESC;Dissolving this title and its administration requires ァR$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority. As this tramples upon the autonomy of de jure vassals of the $TITLE$, expect these vassals to be severely upset (ァR$OPINION$ァ! Opinion).

_
and penultimately this
Code:
CANNOT_AFFORD_DESTRUCTION;Must have ァR$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority
to this:
Code:
CANNOT_AFFORD_DESTRUCTION;We require ァR$PRESTIGE$ァ! Authority to be able to safely dissolve this title and its administration

_
and finally, for good measure, this:
Code:
STAT_PRESTIGE_DESC;Authority is a measure of your success and can be spent to carry out special actions. The Authority of each successive ruler you play is summed up and used to calculate your final score.
to this:
Code:
STAT_PRESTIGE_DESC;Authority is the measure of the legitamcy and respect your ruler has in the eyes of others, vassals or not, and is used to carry out a wide range of diplomatic and administrative actions, both within the realm and not.

__
I've removed some probbably messed up characters here and there (like "、" or whatever that is [edit: it was showing up as a square/crosshair in notepad++, but why is it "`" here?] ), but that might actually be required, as well as some only showed up here (like the simoleon sign showing as the katakana "a" in this forum), so I'd suggest changing them manually/by hand instead of copy pasting these lest something goes haywire all over again :laugh:
I kept forgetting about these :rofl:

@others
and if you did happen to read some of the changes, yes I made creating titles require authority instead of granting it.
In exchange, I've lowered most gold and piety requirements to balance them out.

This is a mistake in incorporating SELIN modifiers. The Matrix uses whole values for those attributes in the Civilization factor, and since Ascendants use half of whatever the corresponding Civilization values are, the attributes come out halved. I think Numahr's solution was to round up, but it looks like something got through the cracks. (Not to say it was Numahr's doing, there were other people coding for the religions as well.) Riknap, you might want to fix this, too.
My padawan has it right. By rule the modifier has to be rounded up. This was a common mistake of those helping me, normally I was debugging them, but I may hae missed some...

could you guys give a list of which SELIN modifiers need to be fixed? I'm... not really feeling that dilligent in searching for it :laugh:

oh btw, on an off-topic note, novaneko did say it might be necessary to correct the <plot>_decision things that showed up on your scan.
:laugh:

Last edited:
Hi, guys
I want to play another round with you mod. Is it up to date ?
theoretically yes (if you use the libert3 beta), but...
I'd personally recommend till I finally finish polishing v11 of libert3 by Monday or so for a 60~75% close-to-release-version (that remaining 25% being whatever richvh has fixed/removed/added on his end - I do recall something about fixing Spaudia and removing the Gotland provinces [so that might cause save incompatibilities], and an additional 15% being the ck2plus stuff novaneko worked on - the unintegrated draft of which I uploaded and you could in theory use [though obviously lacking richvh's polishing and closer integration] )

I've been reconsidering the high piety cost for some time now actually, but the lack of comments on that issue made me think it was probably appropriate :laugh:
to cut to the chase, the option I was considering most was reducing the piety (and gold) requirement to 500, but adding an authority requirement of 1000.
Sounds pretty good, reducing the amount of gold is not really needed. By the time you can create an empire, as in you have enough De Jure, you probably will have an anual income of at least 150. Not even 30 years into my current Carthage game and I am making 20 gold a month.
Also, the only reason I never said anything is because I always start as an emperor or never get close enough to think about becoming one. :laugh:

@others
and if you did happen to read some of the changes, yes I made creating titles require authority instead of granting it.
In exchange, I've lowered most gold and piety requirements to balance them out.

could you guys give a list of which SELIN modifiers need to be fixed? I'm... not really feeling that dilligent in searching for it :laugh:

oh btw, on an off-topic note, novaneko did say it might be necessary to correct the <plot>_decision things that showed up on your scan.
:laugh:
Requiring authority is a good move.

The only SELIN modifier I have found thus far is: Platonic Islam (Neoplatonist heresy)
But I shall continue the search.

Note: Slothfulness is a sin. -1 in all traits, an opinion penalty but you do get to be extra fertile...

Sounds pretty good, reducing the amount of gold is not really needed. By the time you can create an empire, as in you have enough De Jure, you probably will have an anual income of at least 150. Not even 30 years into my current Carthage game and I am making 20 gold a month.
Also, the only reason I never said anything is because I always start as an emperor or never get close enough to think about becoming one. :laugh:

Requiring authority is a good move.

The only SELIN modifier I have found thus far is: Platonic Islam (Neoplatonist heresy)
But I shall continue the search.

Note: Slothfulness is a sin. -1 in all traits, an opinion penalty but you do get to be extra fertile...

the slothfulness thing is a VIET-modification that I adopted (each vanilla trait now has both positive and negative values that sort of "balances" them out)

the gold reduction is a maybe-maybe-not thing I'm still considering (hence why it's in a parenthesis).
for one thing, I'm considering modifying the previous Logistics series of morale maluses to a general Administration malus of sorts, combining both vassal tax and levy reduction depending on realm size (same intervals as before), so that should slightly even out the playing field (then again, I really doubt a large medieval-era realm could efficiently tax their vassals to the full extent of legal obligations (as decided by tax laws and SELIN modifiers), just as they obviously shouldn't be able to rally every single man with arms into a host ).

as for the authority requirement, part of the reason why I kept postponing working on it was because I hadn't edited the prestige/authority localisations back then (due to needing to restart my PC just to change non-unicode settings and restart it back to return it to normal - I'm so diligent, I know :laugh:). well that, and I only recently got enough free time since tomorrow's a holiday (well, technically mid-term national elections, but I'm neither politically-active [or rather, none of the candidates match my personal ideologies so I'm essentially abstaining] nor even a registered voter so it's essentially free-time to work on LIBERT3 :laugh:)

Last edited:
thought I'd post part of my tentative title-creation/usurping rebalance log so that you could comment on them:

> Duchies and kingdoms require 50% of de jure land to create but require 75% to usurp (so a 4 county duchy that doesn't currently exist can be easily made with just half, but requires at 3 to be stolen).
> Empires require 60% of de jure land to create but only require 40% to usurp (so creating the empire title from de jure land still requires hegemony, but usurping it from weakend vestigial empires is a lot easier)
> Emperors now only need 1 kingdom title, but require 1000 authority, 750 gold, and 500 piety to create.
> Kingdom titles require 500 authority, 300 gold, and 200 piety to create.
> Ducal titles cost 250 authority and 150 gold to create.
> Titular titles require 25% more to create.

edit: not sure if I should point it out, but the list of creatable empire titles and all the requirementsare actually in the OP already
Arche Seleukeia requires you to be Hellen/Rhomaion and directly control Antiocheia and Baghdad county.
Ptolemaïkè Basileía requires you to be Hellen/Rhomaion and directly control Alexandria, Cyrenaica and Limisol
Arche Makedonia requires you to be Hellen/Rhomaion/Indohellen and directly control Thessalonika, Antiocheia, Alexandria, Baghdad and Bactria.
Celtic Ímpire requires you to be Irish/Brython/Scottish/Welsh/Breton/Norsegael/Galatian/Pictish/Sarmato-Brython/Romano-Brython, be king of Alba and Hibernia and directly control Nantes, Dumnonia and Gwynned.
Carthaginian Empire requires you to be Vandal, be King of Carthage and Siracusa, duke of Sardinia, Granada and directly control Carthago Nova.
Palmyrene Empire requies you to be Rhomaion/Hellen/Nabatean, be king of Palmyra and directly hold Jerusalem/Alexandria/Ankyra.
Austrgothia requires you to be Teutonic/German, be king of Taurica and duke of Moldova and Wallachia.
Amazigh Empire requires you to be Berber, be king of Mauretania, duke of Tripolitania and hold Constantine directly.
Rashidun Empire requires you to be Arabic(culture group) and be king of Arabia, Egypt, Saba and hold Baghdad, Kairwan, Mecca and Medina directly.
Empire of the Hellenes requires you to be Hellen/Rhomaion/Indohellen and hold Athens, Sparta, Smyrna, Sinope and Limisol directly.
Hunnic Empire requires you to be Hunnic, be King of the Huns and hold Sarkel, Esztergom, Praha, Wurtemberg and Chalons directly.
Mamlekhet Yisra'el requires you to be Jewish, be King of Judea and hold Jerusalem, Baghdad, Alexandria, and Antiocheia directly.
Velkomoravská Ríše requires you to be West Slavic(culture group), King of Bohemia, and hold Plauen, Varadzin, Nitra and Galich directly.
granted, spoilered and all.

I'm sorely tempted to try out reorganizing and updating the OP (without necessarily deleting Shaytana's textual content) in a text file and sending it to richvh for implementation, but that's his prerogative as the mod's formal custodian :laugh:
still, it doesn't change the fact that some stuff in the OP are quite outdated, and others no longer appropriate (for example: "-THE GAME WILL LAG FOR ABOUT 15 SECONDS after a few days in the first month, then speed will come back to normal. This started to happen after integrating several mods in 0.1b - I am unsure what causes it exactly, but once the ~15 seconds pass speed will be fine." <- I've detected the issue that causes this some time ago, and libert3 fixes this ; "-PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE NUMBER OF BUILDINGS IMPLEMENTED THE GAME WILL LAG IF YOU OPEN THE BUILDINGS BROWSER WINDOW WHILE CONSTRUCTION IS IN PROGRESS AND THE GAME IS NOT PAUSED. PAUSE THE GAME BEFORE OPENING THE BUILDINGS BROWSER WINDOW. (and keep it paused while it is open!)" <- this is no longer much of an issue after the LOR patch, which pretty much optimized the game's code a lot ; "-If you have an older computer and less than 4gigs of ram this mod will lag - especially given it's got BLC full version integrated. Download the BLC ultra-lite fix I posted if you experience issues" <- BLC ultra-lite, yeah right :laugh:). While some may or may not be deleted, it would be at least appropriate to place a strikethrough over them (like this) to indicate that it's no longer applicable.
It doesn't help that the general layout of the OP is quite confusing really. I mean, mod info, followed by a partial timeline, followed by integration and contribution credits, then followed by a mish-mash of the actual updated download link, an outdated BLC link, and richvh's republic notes. To be honest, it's just confusing (I recall outright losing my earlier interest in the mod several months ago because I couldn't discern which info is relevant or not. The only reason I'm LI-addicted now is because I got bored of Sengoku some time ago and decided to try this mod blindly :laugh: )

At the very least, I'll try editing the LI Wiki entry after I finish libert3 and/or richvh uploads an pre/post TOG update to more or less update the info there to relevance.

Last edited:
About the Female Marshals law:
I think the requirements for it are good, but I think it should allow women to serve on all seats on the council, not only the marshal seat (assuming that the law is Approved).
During the medieval ages women where seen as weak and pretty much useless, save for bearing children, in most parts of Europe. So I think that if you are a woman with exceptional martial prowess then you will also have proven that the mainstream idea about women is wrong. It should thus open minds and also allow the other seats to be open to women.

There is absolutely no reason that I want this because a lot of the women I find tend to excel in one stat so I would be able to have a über-council.

Dear God!:
13443.jpg

Last edited:
@thedutchfruiteater
IIRC, that was richvh's implementation, and I do believe he has edited them for the next release :laugh:
though IIRC, it'll stay as mashal-only, for both canon-reasons and simplicity?

in any case, that high-base-stat collection of women is pretty much a vanilla bug/error, so ...

edit:
SORCERY!!!
:rofl:
it kinda makes me feel bad though. it's almost as if I were hijacking this mod :wacko:

edit2:
@futuregary
a minor issue, but for this:
"landed_titles.txt - Removed a slash (\) that was bugging shit up"
I think I'll keep it as it is, since I have a feeling richvh changed/edited/corrected that out already along with a slew of other edits :laugh:
also, have you tried referencing vanilla localisations as I noted in my previous post? stuff like
Code:
At <mod>\events\hashshashin_order_events.txt [character_event[3]\option\name] (Line 492, Column 3):
"EVTOPTA88008" is not a valid LocalizationKey."
really doesn't make sense, since they're vanilla localisation strings...

still, I'll try resolving it on my end by porting the relevant vanilla strings to the mod if it really comes to that (hardly an ideal choice, as it just increases the mod's size pointlessly)

Last edited:
Damn it! I wanted to claim the first post. :(
only lifeless lurkers have the chance to do so :p :laugh:

on a side note, any comment on the usurp/creation percentage ratios for empires and non-empires ?

So I should wait for another version ?!

And by the way has anyone ever noticed that the confused smiley :confused: exactly looks like the wacko smiley :wacko:
I'm so :confused: ...

So I should wait for another version ?!

And by the way has anyone ever noticed that the confused smiley :confused: exactly looks like the wacko smiley :wacko:
I'm so :confused: ...
what if... that was intentional? :laugh:

I won't say wait for a new version of the main LI itself (well, you could, but it's unnecessary), but rather wait till I finalize LIBERTv11 and officially finish it (thus meaning richvh can start working on properly integrating it if he still intends to [and I'd say he should since v11 is also partially bug-fixing and SELIN-updating] ).
I'll be releasing a penultimate version sometime today, and probably release the finalized v11 by tomorrow. I'll also post installation and integration details/notes as well

@futuregary:
... where did you base your landed_titles on? Win Merge shows it as entirely yellow... (I'm comparing your file with the CK2plus-edited version by Novaneko)
for want of a slash, 99% of the file changed :rofl:

Havn't played in a while, can anyone tell me what the major changes have been since 0.6a? (thats what my version is according to the ck2 launcher). From what I remember the last major change introduced in the version I played was that some religions were classified as militaristic and others as more pacifist and economical. Thanks! :)

Havn't played in a while, can anyone tell me what the major changes have been since 0.6a? (thats what my version is according to the ck2 launcher). From what I remember the last major change introduced in the version I played was that some religions were classified as militaristic and others as more pacifist and economical. Thanks! :)
... quite a lot :rofl:
for an informal short list, you can find the changes from 6a to 6d here. I can't remember where the 6g list is (if richvh event kept changelogs). NOTE that 6g is not entirely compatible with v1092 (well, it could, with some editing).

the proper "latest" functional-version would be v6g+ (ie. v6g + libert3 v11-beta, the beta which has added quite... a number of stuff [it includes bug fixes, SELIN updates, balancing, VIET/FF integration, etc. the changelog for the current beta and download links are found in my signature] ).

as for a quick overview of selin-updates (integrated in the libert3 beta), here:
>>sacred war available to martial-soul religions
>>conversion war available to populist and messianic soul religions and christian/muslim/zoroastrian religious groups with different conditions
> pre-unlocked different sets of buildings for Clerical, Statist, and Scholarly soul religions, and added two buildings for Traditional soul religions, as discussed
>> scholarly soul gets Admin 1, Scribes 5, and Shrine 1 for free
>> statist soul gets Admin 5 and Shrines 2 for free
>> clerical soul gets Control 5 and Local Cult 2 for free
>> traditional souls get "Ancient Traditions of the Faith", which can downgrade to "Ancient Traditions of the Land" if not both the ruler or province have a traditional soul religion

Last edited:
thought I'd post part of my tentative title-creation/usurping rebalance log so that you could comment on them:

> Duchies and kingdoms require 50% of de jure land to create but require 75% to usurp (so a 4 county duchy that doesn't currently exist can be easily made with just half, but requires at 3 to be stolen).
> Empires require 60% of de jure land to create but only require 40% to usurp (so creating the empire title from de jure land still requires hegemony, but usurping it from weakend vestigial empires is a lot easier)
> Emperors now only need 1 kingdom title, but require 1000 authority, 750 gold, and 500 piety to create.
> Kingdom titles require 500 authority, 300 gold, and 200 piety to create.
> Ducal titles cost 250 authority and 150 gold to create.
> Titular titles require 25% more to create.

> This sounds good.
> This does as well.
> Perfect :D. 750 piety is also possible, but it borders difficult (for some character. 500 is an amount that every character should be able to get.
> Sounds good.
> This as well.
> I have mixed feelings over this one. A "fake" duchy/kingdom/empire is worth less and should thus be cheaper. Gameplay-wise it's definitely worth lesss since you don't get any De Jure claims. However it's also logical that they are more expensive since "they don't exist" and "appear out of nowhere".