• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There isn't a dedicated LI wiki, but there's some LI stuff on the CKII wiki.

Fifth pentarch is the head of your religion (hardcoded that way.)

There isn't a dedicated LI wiki, but there's some LI stuff on the CKII wiki.

Fifth pentarch is the head of your religion (hardcoded that way.)
I know you're not a fan of big wall posts, but I'd really like some input on that makeshift code I wrote so that I could finalise the module tomorrow and free my mind for the weekend :laugh:

Where the fuck is Dacia you murderer D:
I was wondering how long it would take for you to show up :rofl:
I don't really know though. I usually let the game run for 8 hours or so and come back to find them dead. :p

there are actually a couple of saves where they are rather strong, though I'm running low on allotted space as usual so I got lazy and didn't upload :p

In your query's example code, you're testing if the mother is the direct liege, then going on and testing if the father is the direct liege... a person can only have one direct liege, so that test will always fail.

As far as I know, inherited traits (congenital or agnatic) are determined at birth.

demesne = 0 will always be true (the demesne test is for greater than or equal to the right hand value, and demesne size can't be a negative value...); to test if someone is unlanded, use NOT = { demesne = 1 } or is_ruler = no

right. I was just copy pasting without knowing so I needed a reference.

do I just remove the root liege prevprev from the father = {} then?
also, will the capital_holding also affect unlanded characters in the capital, or just the owner of the capital holding?

You've killed Dacia!
I feast on their cossack tears.

right. I was just copy pasting without knowing so I needed a reference.

do I just remove the root liege prevprev from the father = {} then?
also, will the capital_holding also affect unlanded characters in the capital, or just the owner of the capital holding?

Unlanded characters have no capital_holding. Yes, since you're testing for children of ruling females, remove the liege test from the father. I forgot you were asking about matrilinearly married females; add a dynasty = ROOT test in the mother scope to handle that.

Unlanded characters have no capital_holding. Yes, since you're testing for children of ruling females, remove the liege test from the father. I forgot you were asking about matrilinearly married females; add a dynasty = ROOT test in the mother scope to handle that.
So the correct syntax would be
Code:
hidden = yes
min_age = 16
trigger = {
	ROOT = {
	NOT = {
	OR = {
	trait = a,b,c
	}
	}
	demesne = 0
  mother = {
    trait = a
	dynasty = ROOT
    ROOT = {
      liege = {
        character = PREVPREV
      }
    }
	}
	father = {
    NOT = {
	OR = { # he should not have any of the below
	trait = a,b,c}
	}
    }

}
immediate = {
	add_trait = a #similar to specific mother trait
	}

}
right?

What if I wanted the event to target the father instead of the child, how do I change the effect scope?
And I'm assuming since it's IMMEDIATE = {}, the event won't pop-up anymore?

I don't know to test if a marriage is matrilineal; if you just want to test for an unlanded male married to a landed female, you could do something like this:
Code:
trigger = {
  is_female = no
  is_ruler = no
  spouse = {
    ROOT = {
      liege = {
        character = PREVPREV
      }
    }
  }
}
It's not because it's immediate that it won't popup, but I think you need to change that hidden to hide_from or hide_window (vanilla events use both, and I don't know the difference.)

I don't know to test if a marriage is matrilineal; if you just want to test for an unlanded male married to a landed female, you could do something like this:
Code:
trigger = {
  is_female = no
  is_ruler = no
  spouse = {
    ROOT = {
      liege = {
        character = PREVPREV
      }
    }
  }
}
It's not because it's immediate that it won't popup, but I think you need to change that hidden to hide_from or hide_window (vanilla events use both, and I don't know the difference.)
just for confirmation before I test it tomorrow, could you confirm if my synthesis below is correct:

1) if I make the event trigger if the unlanded spouse has no (agnatic) tradtraits but the landed wife has, then the children born at that moment won't have an agnatic tradtrait, which the event could "pass on" if the above are true when the child becomes 16
2) if I make the event trigger instead for the unlanded spouse instead while having the same landed condition for the wife, then their children born would inherit the trait (assuming the child wasn't born before the female became a ruler)
3) if the child was born before the female became a ruler, ergo the unlanded spouse gaining the trait as well, then I can just write an event akin to number 1

now for the last questions:
4) would 1 and similarly 3 work if the parents are dead?
5) if 4 is invalid, how do I write it so that the liege's traits instead are given?
6) do I have to write 20 (4x5) variations for each event, or is there a reference-command that allows me to add a trait referenced from an OR list in the trigger (ie. Or = { 20 trait possibilities}, then option/immediate = { add_trait = relevant_trait_that_triggered_the_event } ) ?

Number 6 is probably the most important question, and I'd really like help on this.

1-3) Yes

4) It might be possible using father_even_if_dead and spouse_even_if_dead, there is no mother_even_if_dead and other than those two tests, you can't reference dead characters.
5) The liege's traits are given to whom? Answer that question, then just add liege = { trait = x } to the trigger.
6) I'm afraid you have to write an event for each variation (updating the SELIN events would be much simpler if the other thing was possible... only got about halfway through them last night.)