• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will LTM ever going to be released as a standalone map mod for vanilla? Or is it only usable with HIP?
It is already released for vanilla in a way - just run the HIP installer and say "no" to everything except LTM.

Is this going to see an update at all?
A few other maps have released in the recent years with updated textures and improvements.

I believe even Gaia Submod is a bit more updated now.

Hi, @Lord of Pain.

Not sure if you're stil active, but could you please add a compatible version for the optional flat map statics? Cause you know, due to topology changes, the wonders like Petra or palace of Aachen are now just hanging in the air ;)

Cheers,
G.S

Hi, @Lord of Pain.

Not sure if you're stil active, but could you please add a compatible version for the optional flat map statics? Cause you know, due to topology changes, the wonders like Petra or palace of Aachen are now just hanging in the air ;)

Cheers,
G.S
Pardon for the late reply. I have my finals this week, but I'll get on it this weekend :) Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Pardon for the late reply. I have my finals this week, but I'll get on it this weekend :) Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Sure, no problem mate!
Good luck with your exams ;)

Hi, @Lord of Pain.

Cheers,
G.S
There might be positions. issues for a lot of other things. All wonders positions, units etc in mountainous regions.

There might be positions. issues for a lot of other things. All wonders positions, units etc in mountainous regions.

Haven't seen anything serious to be honest. Except from statistics and I'm playing with flat map since day 1. But since you're bringing this up, maybe Lord of Pain could check for more issues as well.

Cheers :)

The Team have some image of alternative borders of LTM? to not test all manualy.

@Lord of Pain
Hey buddy,
Any udpates?
Cheers!
Hey! Sorry for the tardiness, life is keeping me extremely busy this summer, I didn't foresee this much work but I've been working every day this summer (on a positive note, I'm getting flush for next years studies). I'll be taking out my vacation days in August so I should be able to fit in an update before I travel to Qatar and Kenya for two weeks each. :) I wish there was a sweaty emoji...

Hey! Sorry for the tardiness, life is keeping me extremely busy this summer, I didn't foresee this much work but I've been working every day this summer (on a positive note, I'm getting flush for next years studies). I'll be taking out my vacation days in August so I should be able to fit in an update before I travel to Qatar and Kenya for two weeks each. :) I wish there was a sweaty emoji...

Thank you for taking the time to update this.
Oh, tell me about it. We're currently having 43C in Greece o_O
Cheers,
G.S

One thing is strange, if I use a mod with HIP that changes some number in defines.lua makes the trees look like Vanilla's, large and light green in color.

20190727025756_1.jpg
20190727025800_1.jpg
20190727025805_1.jpg
20190727025808_1.jpg

Last edited:
The vanilla map version of the mod is missing the changes to navigable rivers made in CK2 3.2 (the Nile and 2 Iberian rivers are not represented in the water colormap file). This makes it so three rivers look like land when zoomed out. Any chance this can get fixed? @Lord of Pain

Release C
ALTERNATE / REQUESTED FILES
- [Optional] Selection of alternate, & rejected country borders + old + all vanilla
- [Optional] High saturation-Low Transparency in political mode
- [Optional] Low saturation-High Transparency in political mode

How does one choose these options? I don't recall seeing them during the HIP install process

May I ask how did you create colormap i colormap_water? I'm trying to create some sort of a patch between HIP, LTM and Cartographic map, so I am thinking on how to get the overlay that still looks good.

Actually all of the .lua files have these bugs. I corrected them for my Compatch available here, on this forum (well, to be exact, the files will be delivered with the newest update).

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong actually. The files rightly have parts with non-lua code. Sorry for this.

Last edited:
@Lord of Pain, I am working on a personal SWMH province terrain mapmode submod (replacing the "satmap" mapmode with colormap showing terrain for each province) and ran into some difficulties with HIP-SWMH & HIP-SWMH-LTM differences. Please, just to clarify, does LTM change terrain.bmp and terrain types for several provinces? There are some differences in both terrain.bmp files (SWMH & LTM) and from my limited testing, not all of them seem just cosmetic? Thanks you!