• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Updated to 0.1b
Download

- Reshaped nile terrain & trees because of SMWH's nile running outside of SMWH's terrain
- Partially replaced textures for better looking snow & mountain 'crevices'
- Trimmed trees in Russia
- Resized construction model as it became too big
- Increased texture density

Screens

0.1a ------------------> 0.1b

unchanged -------------> 0.1b

Hopefully everything will work out fine.

Reactions:
You might be in need of an monitor adjustment.

Also, a bit rude, dude.

Don't pay someone who can't keep a civil tongue any mind. It's honestly fantastic, and the difference is really felt in places like the steppes. Of course, it can be improved further. You've said this yourself and announced plans to do so, but that's true of anything in this world. The textures are so much nicer than vanilla, and I've no doubt at all it'll only get better in time. :)

(Really liking what you did with the change with snow/mountains in the newest version. I think what the tactless person above was referring to was the fact that everything now looks 'softer' or more 'muted'. There's less harsh colors. Looking at the comparison between the Iberian Peninsula really shows this. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, just that it's probably what was meant. I'll be very curious to see where you take the mod, regardless.)

Reactions:
Great work Lord of Pain...;)
So we shouldn't install NBRT+ from HIP's modules if we want to use your mod right???

Cheers

looks dope. Can you post a picture of Rugen/North East germany? And does this affect the topology .bmp at all?

Rv2EnjL.png

Nothing special. Topology is currently unchanged.

Great work Lord of Pain...;)
So we shouldn't install NBRT+ from HIP's modules if we want to use your mod right???

Cheers
Thank you, and yes, NBRT+ should not be installed as they would overlap.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Had a quick look, and no compatibility fix seems to be needed for LTM to work with the latest HIP release. The work continues however.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Any chance this is going to become an official part of the mod ;) ?
I'd agree but it's something you'd have to bring up with the HIP team.

I'd agree but it's something you'd have to bring up with the HIP team.
Private message Zijistark and talk about it. If you are willing to actually spend time modding, well your help is very much desired.

And if you truly are interested, and will do the work, I will bug him until he concedes. NBRT+ had its last release in 2014. -_-

Last edited:
Yay! We've been looking at alternatives to NBRT+ since we haven't been able to successfully get in contact with EOOQE for ages despite many attempts, so this is the kind of thing I like to see developing.

My full support,
-z

EDIT: Oh, and it goes without saying that it looks great. I'll have to try it out properly when I get some free time in between compatching for 2.5.
HIP is interested.

I really like this mod.
A EOOQE is absent for a long time (I really appreciate his work)
So I strongly agree for Lord's work to be part of the main mod...

Reactions:
given that this is working with HIP currently, and NBRT hasn't been updated in forever, I think it should become part of the HIP mod (just my opinion :p )
no updates doesn't means it is not functional or obsolete though. I still prefer NBRT over LTM currently. LTM looks good, and could probably improves itself over time.
Only thing really lacking from NBRT is snow and ice textures, all the rest is perfect IMHO.
I'm using my own personal mod for borders though ;)
All this to say, there's no rush to disqualifie all EOOQUE's wonderfull work despite its absence. And yes, loyalty is one the H.I.P's principles, that makes VIET still integrated and available f.e.
Stability and continuation is important for us, and makes HIP a solid mod, based on long-existant mods proven from their quality for a few years now ;)

Reactions:
no updates doesn't means it is not functional or obsolete though.

Actually it does; obsolete literally means no longer in use, out of date, and neglected, and NBRT is no longer in use (HIP only use it's borders), is out of date since Charlemagne (it only reentered because I updated the lua coding, without any word of gratitude from EOOQUE I might add (or any other word for that matter)), and has being neglected by its owner for two whole years. If that's an example of stability and continuation, then I'm Harry fricking Potter. Modding in a group requires dedication, commitment, and communication, EOOQUE has displayed none of these, ever, so there's no reason for him to have been invited into the HIP team. I could go into details on why LTM > NBRT from a technical standpoint, but frankly, I don't care enough to be bothered with EOOQUE anymore, he created a good mod but I find him rude.

Reactions:
His textures are still in use unless it has been very recently got out of hip.
But you are right his attitude towards HIP is not examplary.

His textures are still in use unless it has been very recently got out of hip.
But you are right his attitude towards HIP is not examplary.

If things will not change in the near future, you guys should totally give Lord of Pain a chance...:cool:

If things will not change in the near future, you guys should totally give Lord of Pain a chance...:cool:
I didn't say there is no chance.
It will be a team decision anyway

Reactions: