• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ew, the thread is now all sticky.

Reactions:
Is there a vanilla download? Thanks!

Is there a vanilla download? Thanks!
Yes, a lite version exists for vanilla, it replaces existing assets but doesn't add any of LTM's additional content (ie. no custom maps, unique features, etc.), so I still recommend running LTM with SWMH, which even by itself is already a vast improvement over the vanilla map. Though the choice is up to you obviously.

Yes, a lite version exists for vanilla, it replaces existing assets but doesn't add any of LTM's additional content (ie. no custom maps, unique features, etc.), so I still recommend running LTM with SWMH, which even by itself is already a vast improvement over the vanilla map. Though the choice is up to you obviously.
Specifically, the "download" is already included in the HIP installer. Just don't install SWMH and do install LTM, and you get it.

Reactions:
Specifically, the "download" is already included in the HIP installer. Just don't install SWMH and do install LTM, and you get it.
Yes :p

Thanks... I'll check it out.

Actually it does; obsolete literally means no longer in use, out of date, and neglected, and NBRT is no longer in use (HIP only use it's borders), is out of date since Charlemagne (it only reentered because I updated the lua coding, without any word of gratitude from EOOQUE I might add (or any other word for that matter)), and has being neglected by its owner for two whole years. If that's an example of stability and continuation, then I'm Harry fricking Potter. Modding in a group requires dedication, commitment, and communication, EOOQUE has displayed none of these, ever, so there's no reason for him to have been invited into the HIP team. I could go into details on why LTM > NBRT from a technical standpoint, but frankly, I don't care enough to be bothered with EOOQUE anymore, he created a good mod but I find him rude.

Nice.... :(

Last edited:
While I stand by it overall, I wish the post had been worded less harshly. If you try to look at it from our perspective; you HAVE been gone for a long time and we have been trying to contact you for just as long without success, then it might be self-evident why I posted as I did. But it is good to see that you are okay. :)

It's not competition. Lord of Pain simply spent a lot of time making a good mod that is now replacing NBRT in the HIP module because it is better and the creator is maintaining it. The fact that NBRT has been a part of HIP even without being updating so long is testament to it's greatness. Let's all just agree that VIET sucked and HIP is better without it. :)

Reactions:
Hi all! I have a question. Is there a way to be playing with this, HiP and LTM but with the original water waves visible and fog of war clouds that moves around from vanilla,?
The map is amazing, both SWMH and LTM, but I dont quite like the static water and fog of war personally. I have no idea what values to change if I were to do it manually.
I like the somewhat darker water but it makes water to calm. Same thing happened with A Revolutionary Map Mod that I tried. Novus Graphicus manages to change map and water but keep the nice waves, and also vanilla fog of war coulds moving.
Hope you know what I mean here. I could give pictures to compare too of course but perhaps you know what I mean.

Example of Novus compared to LTM in pictures

Attachments

• Novus Graphicus 20160710161930_1.jpg
    Novus Graphicus 20160710161930_1.jpg
    491,3 KB · Views: 99
  • LTM FOW 20160710005305_1.jpg
    LTM FOW 20160710005305_1.jpg
    281,1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Alright I managed to get the vanilla Fog of War back. I only had to remove the Fog of War dds file in the mod. Now only the issue of the water remain, and that seem alot trickier. I actually like the color of the water to be darker than vanilla, so thats fine as it is, but I'd like it to be more "waves" animated, like vanilla, and not so flat and still like LTM.
*Sorry for double post*

Hi all! I have a question. Is there a way to be playing with this, HiP and LTM but with the original water waves visible and fog of war clouds that moves around from vanilla,?
The map is amazing, both SWMH and LTM, but I dont quite like the static water and fog of war personally. I have no idea what values to change if I were to do it manually.
I like the somewhat darker water but it makes water to calm. Same thing happened with A Revolutionary Map Mod that I tried. Novus Graphicus manages to change map and water but keep the nice waves, and also vanilla fog of war coulds moving.
Hope you know what I mean here. I could give pictures to compare too of course but perhaps you know what I mean.

Example of Novus compared to LTM in pictures

Alright I managed to get the vanilla Fog of War back. I only had to remove the Fog of War dds file in the mod. Now only the issue of the water remain, and that seem alot trickier. I actually like the color of the water to be darker than vanilla, so thats fine as it is, but I'd like it to be more "waves" animated, like vanilla, and not so flat and still like LTM.
*Sorry for double post*

To make waves more visible
Delete map\terrain\reflection.dds

To make waves more animated

Open FX\pdxwater.lua
Search for "* 1.0f" within the file
Replace all entries with "* 3.0f" (vanilla values)

Hopefully everything will work out fine.

Reactions:
It worked out perfectly! Thank you so much! Also thanks for the alternate political_HighCountrySaturation-LowTransparency_pdxmap files!

Reactions:
Great mod, thank you so much!

Also, would you know if there's a way of deactivating borders on island provinces?
I've thought about that but sadly I haven't come up with a way. Though I must point out that the existence of island borders has nothing to do with HIP, but is just how paradox made the island borders work and as such this 'problem' exists in other map overhauls (see After the End) as well.

Reactions:
Even though I'm "just" using this for the vanilla map it has really made the game more fun to play/look at. Thanks!

Reactions:
Hey @Lord of Pain

Is it possible to have a version with flatmap at some point ???
I think that many people would appreciate it...

Cheers