• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I completely scrapped the old LEX, it's not using any of the old art assets or events.
I still left in some 'easter eggs' appearances, mostly as ambient objects.

So you might see the old systems spawn, but they are essentially 'dead'.
( Or in some cases new nasties found a home there... )

Ah, alrighty, well, i'm excited to see what you did! You can still take a peak at my fixes to see how i dealt with certain issues, but it's your choice what you do! :)

Wouldn't call it a masterpiece, the first LEX was kinda a product of me still learning to script in Stellaris and just winging it from event to event.

In hindsight, it was quite a huge mess of code and rushed art assets.
So I am quite happy that this revised version is a lot more structured and mature; mostly a matter of filling all art assets now.

Things like the Thesan models or the Gravekeeper really bugged me, if you look closely you will notice some baking errors I didn't bother to fix because I just wanted stuff to be done because I rushed it out in a day or two. The uv layout also suffered from that approach and the texel density could have been better.

Should be overall better now, with some time dedicated to properly make concepts of all the ship sets, instead of just modeling random junk and picking what stuck out...

( Also helps that people from other projects aren't trying to string me into making stuff for them. )

Wouldn't call it a masterpiece, the first LEX was kinda a product of me still learning to script in Stellaris and just winging it from event to event.

In hindsight, it was quite a huge mess of code and rushed art assets.
So I am quite happy that this revised version is a lot more structured and mature; mostly a matter of filling all art assets now.

Things like the Thesan models or the Gravekeeper really bugged me, if you look closely you will notice some baking errors I didn't bother to fix because I just wanted stuff to be done because I rushed it out in a day or two. The uv layout also suffered from that approach and the texel density could have been better.

Should be overall better now, with some time dedicated to properly make concepts of all the ship sets, instead of just modeling random junk and picking what stuck out...

( Also helps that people from other projects aren't trying to string me into making stuff for them. )

Most anticipated mod for me! You really went all out lol. It's kinda funny when you initially said you wanted to finish it in a day~

Actually fixed it that day with the new content working, just didn't like the old version any longer and repurposed the content to lay the groundwork for the new mod.
Does that mean we won't be seeing the old event chains anymore? I was hoping I could use the Nihara event awards to make a reclusive empire hiding behind the shrouded space.

So, here is something silly that kinda exploded from my little starting system mod I posted months ago here. It adds a new randomly encountered system to the game with its very own Leviathan sized boss encounter.
throne.jpg

throne4.jpg

I made those models months ago and they were kinda just sitting around on my hd, so I put them to use.
stellaris_test.jpg

stellaris_test2.jpg

Hi man :) your mod looks great but you really should update your first post with a banner, working images and better structure.

I really look forward to seeing a dead Vanth, that system was always a treat to find pre-2.0. The L-Gate events scratched my itch a bit, but I'm incredibly excited to hear that LEX is returning.

Jesus, what the heck is that?! (And when do I fight it?). In all seriousness though; this looks cool and is it inspired by art of HR Giger? 'cause that's the only thing I know that I can compare this to. Also, I've been wondering on the Orila shipset that you've done for the MEM mod is the event with them in that mod or is it not done, cause I've never encountered ingame. Sorry to bother with that question, love your work!

You have to ask Malthus for that, I just provided the ships.

Anyhow, just heads up that I am not twiddling thumbs.

Not sure if I should show previews of all the new assets; on one hand, the new pokemon-ish aspect of the mod would get spoiled, counter to that it kinda gives the impression I dropped off the face of the earth.

If people really want I can dump previews of some of the new static events or just some eye-candy shots like how wiz loves to do things.

Not sure if I should show previews of all the new assets; on one hand, the new pokemon-ish aspect of the mod would get spoiled, counter to that it kinda gives the impression I dropped off the face of the earth.

If people really want I can dump previews of some of the new static events or just some eye-candy shots like how wiz loves to do things.
On the one hand, I don't want to spoil myself. And on the other, I really want to see what you have in store.
now it's me twiddling thumbs!

I kinda want to ask though, do we still get shipsets?

aww geez i'm really glad to see this mod didn't just get abandoned, definitely one of in not the best mod i've used in my games, certainly one of my favorites. Is there still a link to download a pre 2.0 version so i can have something to use to tide me over? I saw that someone put a temporary patch fix in the workshop so i'm hoping that will be good enough until the next update gets released.

aww geez i'm really glad to see this mod didn't just get abandoned, definitely one of in not the best mod i've used in my games, certainly one of my favorites. Is there still a link to download a pre 2.0 version so i can have something to use to tide me over? I saw that someone put a temporary patch fix in the workshop so i'm hoping that will be good enough until the next update gets released.
Well I do have a copy of Lex 1.9...
but it's too big to upload here.

Please. :)