• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, same mods used since previous version, everything was fine before. But maybe there is new unexpected conflict? I will check them all now.

EDIT: Only with HIP (without EMF) and L3T enabled, the wrong holding problem persists, so it is not a problem with my other mods. @Arko
Can't reproduce with just L3T or L3T+SWMH.
You started a fresh game right? Old saves aren't compatible with the new version.

Can't reproduce with just L3T or L3T+SWMH.
You started a fresh game right? Old saves aren't compatible with the new version.
Yep, I'm starting a new game every time to test. L3T works fine when it's the only mod running, but I tried running a game with only L3T + SWMH (v3.41 - 2020-03-6) from the "Frosty2" HIP version, and the cities go back to being feudal wrong-holding. Looks like this SWMH is the problem.

What version of SWMH are you using, @Arko ? If I remember correctly, you said somewhere that you have a developer version of it since you're part of the HIP team?

Oh damn save incompatible, and I am in the middle of two campaigns.. oh well, it will have to sit out till I finish. Hugely impatient for this one.
You can still try to load your save and see. I've removed some buildings, the game can take it usually by just removing them and pestering about it in the errors log. Main irk I can see but there may be some more problems, which is likely with this amount of changes.

Yep, I'm starting a new game every time to test. L3T works fine when it's the only mod running, but I tried running a game with only L3T + SWMH (v3.41 - 2020-03-6) from the "Frosty2" HIP version, and the cities go back to being feudal wrong-holding. Looks like this SWMH is the problem.

What version of SWMH are you using, @Arko ? If I remember correctly, you said somewhere that you have a developer version of it since you're part of the HIP team?
Might this be related to this bug ?

I am usually testing on current SWMH dev version, which is a private beta. I'll try to see if i can reproduce with HIP.

Well, it seems whenever I bark too much, I invite the opposite.. for some reason, that game is broken it always crashes on the same date, no matter what I do.

I do play with EMF and L3T, so it's my own fault, I was prepared for it.. but it seems I will be testing the new version sooner than I expected.

Well, it seems whenever I bark too much, I invite the opposite.. for some reason, that game is broken it always crashes on the same date, no matter what I do.

I do play with EMF and L3T, so it's my own fault, I was prepared for it.. but it seems I will be testing the new version sooner than I expected.
Good occasion to move to the new version
But long games are sure fine if you want to play the cathedral game or trying to unite the One-egg or collecting books for knowledge or whatever long term goals you'd aim to.

The thing that I like probably most regarding L3T is resources and additional buildings. It takes a lot of investment, but when you build a holding up, tax income is insane, it really feels like a reward and progress.
Also Cathedrals, that is fucking awesome, especially for people familiar with "The Pillars of the Earth" book/game/TV series..

The thing that I like probably most regarding L3T is resources and additional buildings. It takes a lot of investment, but when you build a holding up, tax income is insane, it really feels like a reward and progress.
Also Cathedrals, that is fucking awesome, especially for people familiar with "The Pillars of the Earth" book/game/TV series..
The income is less crazy now, but the money you get comes from what you actually achieve instead of enormous being bonus coming from stewardship and technology. Let me know your feedback on it.

About cathedrals, in my last gameplay it seemed to me that bonus and malus events during the construction tend to be quite common. Though they are timed so you don't get them again that soon after but i may disbalance a bit the rhythm since the running cost is very regular. Don't mind commenting on this!

Might this be related to this bug ?
They might be related, but I don't believe so. I just checked the buildings in counties of the characters from historical wars, and the buildings are fine. But rather, every city-holder everywhere (except merchant republics) is a feudal baron and not a normal "city republic".

I'll play on the vanilla map for a while to check out the new L3T, and I hope that you're able to reproduce the bug with SWMH. I was okay without EMF, but I don't know if I can sacrifice the clean map of SWMH as well, haha!

They might be related, but I don't believe so. I just checked the buildings in counties of the characters from historical wars, and the buildings are fine. But rather, every city-holder everywhere (except merchant republics) is a feudal baron and not a normal "city republic".

I'll play on the vanilla map for a while to check out the new L3T, and I hope that you're able to reproduce the bug with SWMH. I was okay without EMF, but I don't know if I can sacrifice the clean map of SWMH as well, haha!
Further testings :
SWMH alone from HIP-Frosty2 has no issue.
SWMH alone from HIP-Frosty2+L3T has the issue.
I'll look into it.

ok found the bug @Pattable
Fast fix is to delete "republic_governments.txt" from common/governments in L3T.

Hi I'm having a problem with the cathedral system right now. So I chose Historical (1130-1150) in the game rule for opum to occur. I built a cathedral in Paris with no problem. But in 1230 some bishop (in Rouen I think) gave me a relic and ask rebuild the burned down cathedral, now I don't have decision to build it again, it doesn't even appear, and I'm stuck with the permanent stolen relic malus. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks for the quick response, deleting it worked. Do you know what exactly caused the problem other than it was that file specifically?
There was a misplaced bracket somewhere. The missing file wont affect your game.

Hi I'm having a problem with the cathedral system right now. So I chose Historical (1130-1150) in the game rule for opum to occur. I built a cathedral in Paris with no problem. But in 1230 some bishop (in Rouen I think) gave me a relic and ask rebuild the burned down cathedral, now I don't have decision to build it again, it doesn't even appear, and I'm stuck with the permanent stolen relic malus. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
I think there's a limit so can build only one cathedral, but if so, getting another relic that way shouldnt be possible to be consistent.
I'll look at it.

Thank you! While you're at it, I noticed that I can build any wall level buildings, including Great Wall without the Improved Keeps requirement, basically making this technology useless.
Tell me everything I obviously can't detect everything alone ;)

Does your mod change any of the lifestyle events? The one that come with focus I mean? I am pretty sure it is either vanilla or HIP thing, since it happened in one game few months ago without L3T ... but I never get any events related to focus and lifestyle to fire, the ones that give you lifestyle traits I mean. I tried having war or hunting focus on a character to rid myself of craven trait or to try and get that event where you find a lover in the woods. Five different characters, in two campaigns, the only events that ever fired was the one to improve relations with family members when I had family focus... but I am curious since it might be EMF/L3T conflict thing, although from the files that I looked it should not be L3T related at all.

Does your mod change any of the lifestyle events? The one that come with focus I mean? I am pretty sure it is either vanilla or HIP thing, since it happened in one game few months ago without L3T ... but I never get any events related to focus and lifestyle to fire, the ones that give you lifestyle traits I mean. I tried having war or hunting focus on a character to rid myself of craven trait or to try and get that event where you find a lover in the woods. Five different characters, in two campaigns, the only events that ever fired was the one to improve relations with family members when I had family focus... but I am curious since it might be EMF/L3T conflict thing, although from the files that I looked it should not be L3T related at all.
I'll try to investigate. Do some other focus events fire ?

I noticed that one of the modifiers say "FEODAL CITY", shouldn't it be "FEUDAL"? But maybe I am stupid and don't know some fancy words :p
You'are right! I've spotted some of them yesterday and so did a complete review to fix them all this morning ;)

I guess I'll have some new stuff to show later on today.