• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I might need to restrain a bit the over agressivness of AI that just tend to inicte player to do as well. A few way to explore : peace of god at game start to let the holdings specialize a bit ; limitation on DJ CB that are just too much automatic, easy and so boring. Maybe also a crown law to set a long term policy to be warry or more peacefull (or defensive vs offensive) for one full reign. I've tested the latter to specialize republics into pure merchant rep. (more money, less troops, less CB) a more state-like republics (less money, more troops, full CB).

I wouldn't mind some kind of "peace of God" modifier to give time for the lands to build up. Setting up the AI to only be defensive would be interesting.

You also seem to have modified the region a bit.

SWMH map it is ;) and it's great to see the region really fleshed out. it motivates to add more love into this^^

First, i am without news from my potential translator ATM, so if anyone want to work on it, PM me ;)

Today, some refining about trade system !

TRADE NETWORK

You already know that a province commercial potential is calculated with the number of commercial connexions it has. Those connexions are : sea accesses ; republican tradeposts ; fluvial roads ; terrestrial roads. Now the land trade road network has been split into three making so that you can get up to 3 of them in a same province. It basicaly adds more trade possibilities for inland provinces.
So you can also potentialy see a province with 6 commercial connexions (money money money !!!).

The modifiers for land trade roads is now tweaked with a small colour bubble to differenciate them (that could be a coloured flag in the future i guess).

[URL=http://s789.photobucket.com/user/ArKoG/media/CK2%20-%20Les%20%20Trois%20Tours/trade_node_zpsba28c2e3.png.html][/URL]

On this picture you can also the "commercial node" modifier (placeholder icon) that is our second topic.

COMMERCIAL NODES

So what is a "Commercial node" ?

A commercial node is, from what the tooltip says : "This province has access to at least 3 commercial connexions. Commercial connexions can be : land trade roads, fluvial trade roads, sea access and tradeposts. This gives accesss to luxury goods in the cities of the province. The cities have to be big enough.".
In short any province that has got 3 or more commercial connexions is a "Commercial node".

What can it be used for ?
A commercial node brings you the possibility to acces to "luxury" goods. Those good are not produced anywhere and are so only available through trade. Not to say that having them is a very nice bonus. Those precious goods are furs, jewels and spices.
Technicaly, the modifier gives access to those goods' building chains. Additionaly, the city have to be big enough, a criteria based on the number of buildings built in itn figuring its economical development.

Next time i'll again speak about trade but about other commercial infrastructures ;)

Awsome!
And how about slaves?

Slaves is somewhat tricky as it would need to work a bit differently or being linked to some CB/pillaging mechanics. but any idea to help shaping something nice in this regard is welcome.

isn't there an on_action for when a siege fulfilled? Or a trigger to check it? In any case that minimod, "dungeons and sieges" I think is the name, that is integrated in many major mod, achieves to fire an event when a siege is concluded, letting you to capture courtiers there. You could do something like that, but instead of imprisoning actual characters, you could get a modifier in a random province that lasts for say, a year, representing the captured slaves being sold there. The event can of course be restricted by whatever you want: culture, religion, using a certaing CB, whatever.

there is even an on_pillaging IIRC. the trick would be to translate the unconstant flow of slaves available if one stop pillaging or such. but i'll think about it ;)

Every agricultural building is tied to the feudal village. What are the advantages of the other two types of base buildings that can be built instead (apart from the slightly more soldiers)? What can I do, if a conquer a county with agricultural potential, but it has another type of building?

Every agricultural building is tied to the feudal village. What are the advantages of the other two types of base buildings that can be built instead (apart from the slightly more soldiers)? What can I do, if a conquer a county with agricultural potential, but it has another type of building?

The other holdings types will overhauled of course but not yet. They will be more specialzed into troops, administration and fortifications. Advanced production will be done there, but since alot of those are not implemented yet, non feudal village holdings are not very usefull ATM.

There is no possibility to respec a holding but i am trying to figure a system where one can actually do this. Also mind that religious and city holdings are in majority specialized into base ressources exploitation so you can invest there or wait for AI to do so ;)

Slaves is somewhat tricky as it would need to work a bit differently or being linked to some CB/pillaging mechanics. but any idea to help shaping something nice in this regard is welcome.

that would be the idea. but i haven't really dug it yet.
Well, I don't think we have to simulate the raids. Frankly that is one of reasons why the SWMH map ends where it ends - it covers the regions which traded with the lands of Islam, but does not cover the regions, where those african states raided for slaves (or at least it does not cover much of them, also because there is barely any info about them).

I personaly would simulate it that for selling the slaves the province has to be pagan (it doesn't even have pagan ruler), because the slaves didn't have to be war captives, but sometimes simply people sold into slavery for something else.

Well, I don't think we have to simulate the raids. Frankly that is one of reasons why the SWMH map ends where it ends - it covers the regions which traded with the lands of Islam, but does not cover the regions, where those african states raided for slaves (or at least it does not cover much of them, also because there is barely any info about them).

I personaly would simulate it that for selling the slaves the province has to be pagan (it doesn't even have pagan ruler), because the slaves didn't have to be war captives, but sometimes simply people sold into slavery for something else.

allright african pagan only ? any culture limit ?

allright african pagan only ? any culture limit ?

I'm no expert on slavery during this era, but were there records of slaves from regions other than Africa?
Perhaps also Tengri, as there were also Turkish and Caucasian slaves in the CK2 period. Another slaves of high demand were the Saqaliba, that is the Slavs.
But the Slavs were the case only until central Europe was christianized (by the 10th century) and for the Turks the situation also changed after their islamization in 11th century.

So it is hard to define. Either religious definition as West African, Tengri and Slavic, or cultural, which would be little more cultures (African: Mande, Wolof, Hausa, Kanuri, Zaghawa, Daju, and possibly also Soninke and Songhay; Turkic: Turkish and other which will be defined later (as the Turkish cultures are being overhauled); and Slavic: Bohemian, Moravian (?-are already christian), Polish, Croat, Serb)