• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
I am looking at the conflicting files, but I don't think I have enough knowledge to pull of a submod that would make L3T work with EMF. However I will try to see if I can make something since
I saw your post few pages earlier about conflicting files, is there anything else besides those?

Reactions:
Excellent claim system that might dynamically address the issue of blobbing.

As I am a EMF user, I am creating a faction to ask Arko to release this system inside the HIP ecosystem!

Reactions:
#Join faction
I have been using this mod with the latest HIP, but i haven't experienced any outstanding problems from the P.O.V of someone who knows nothing about how both mods should be working.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Basically it works, but there are some problems with Casus Belli and some buildings are not entierly working as they should. You can play the game, but you might get pretty odd results at times I think. This is more observed from watching the files that overlap, then by playing too much game with both mods on at the same time.

Any of you has experience with modding the game?

So in addition to the latest info about claim fabrication system revision, here are some additional titbits.

With the default "restricted" rule, you also get a more contracted radius to send your chancellor for this job:
  • you can't send him in your realm to fabricate claims against your vassal, honestly it was quite an exploit to get a claim that way and then revoke the title from your vassal with the right law.
  • you can only send you chancellor in a radius of two provinces away from your own lands (not your vassals lands in current setup), this would prevent fabricating very very far (see illustration of this in following screenshot).
In this screenshot, playing as England in 1167, first on left is realm view, centre part shows where you can send your chancellor, right part is vanilla where you send your chancellor until Byzantium.
No wonder this would help for more logic and less "border gore".
1589565406183.png

Following the refining of various events that can happen, I've added an additional for a more generous bribe to send to the chancellor, with according AI logic to improve acceptance chances, especially if chancellor is greedy, opposite with honest trait is also true. I was a bit surprise that vanilla had zero weighting for this choices and outcomes.
When the chancellor is spotted by the target, I've replaced the option to "let it go" by an attempt to arrest and banish from the realm the enemy's chancellor. With of course some AI logic and test chances like the chancellor discovering an arrest can happen, based on an intrigue test or the effectiveness of arrest based on martial skills, and of course trying to flee or not.
A successful flee or banishment will in return make the target not being able anymore to fabricate claims against (character based, not title based).
1589566403696.png

Let me know what do think about these, especially chancellor's action radius since it would shrink from the whole continent to only very neighbouring targets.

So today I'll speak about the newest feature i developed for the mod, it is about claims fabrication through the chancellor's job.

The idea is to bring some limitations to it that fulfil the playstyle and philosophy of L3T. As it can be a controversial change, this is 100% conditioned by a game rule which has 3 levels in it.

So here are the changes (default rule, called "restricted" ) :
  • you can no longer fabricate claims on king level titles
  • you can fabricate claim on duchy level titles only if your chancellor is skilled and you have the "become king" ambition
  • you can fabricate claims on county level titles if your chancellor is skilled enough
  • you can now also fabricate claims on barony level titles
  • when your chancellor has the job "Perform statecraft", it lowers significantly the claim fabrication odds from foreign rulers (halved if your councillor has at least 10 in diplomacy skill).
  • The success chances for the option to make disappear a foreign ruler chancellor trying to fabricate claims upon your titles is now based on your intrigue instead of 50/50 probability
  • not decided yet, taking into account some skills for the chancellor like intrigue and learning since the job somehow involves those as justification on the claim fabrication process ("...By bribing, cajoling, extorting, threatening and forging documents, I have managed to fabricate a claim on... ")
  • other ways to get claims (inheritance, ask the Pope, plots) work as usual.
Others rules are "harsh" which totally deactivate claim fabrications, kinda experimental, tell me if you try it and how it balances the game ;)

The other rule just keeps vanilla behaviour as is, so for the record, it permits :
  • you can fabricate claim on kingdom level titles only if your chancellor is skilled and you have the "become king" ambition
  • you can fabricate claims on duchy level titles if your chancellor is skilled enough
  • you can fabricate claims on county level titles
  • you can't fabricate claims on barony level titles

View attachment 575213

An L3T rule category has been added to filter rules as well.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I think the chancellor's radius is an interesting concept, but you are probably going too harsh with it. IMO a better way would be where you can fabricate on a radius 2 provinces from your or your vassals lands, and if you are not independent you should be able to fabricate on any land within the realm not owned by one of your vassals. This makes sense because if you are king your vassals land is also to some extent your own land, and internal border gore is historically accurate.

Hm I like the idea actually.. I think it is absurd that you can fabricate a claim on just about anything.

I do think you should be able to fabricate a claim on your vassals lands, but... probably under certain conditions (de jure duchy of yours, neighbouring, or for instace a rival or a vassal with whom you have mutual negative opinion, something like that...). Not sure how hard it is to code it tho...

I think the chancellor's radius is an interesting concept, but you are probably going too harsh with it. IMO a better way would be where you can fabricate on a radius 2 provinces from your or your vassals lands, and if you are not independent you should be able to fabricate on any land within the realm not owned by one of your vassals. This makes sense because if you are king your vassals land is also to some extent your own land, and internal border gore is historically accurate.
Likely better yes.
Also don't forget you can still get claim through plots inside your realm either against liege or co-vassals, or revoking your vassals titles that way.

You can play it but it's not just fine, or not quite, since some files from one mod are overwritten by the other.

Also, anyone skilled with modding willing to help out to try and create a patch to make it fully compatible?

Arko, when can we play test? :)
I am planning a new release serie by one/two weeks depending of my progress and potential bugs and uissues i can encounter. Currently it is shaping well and i fixed some bugs from previous versions aswell.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I do not know if its allowed to suggest here but would be nice to see changes also in L3T diplomacy.

Hopefully no one going to be angry or annoyed to my suggestion but i accept if they are declined.

So i always thought Vanilla. Diplomacy especialy with that what includes money were little silly and simplistic.

So I think if you imprison someone you dont just demand cents from captures but you demand a ransom. Why ask from courtier only 10 gold if he has 200, or why to ask duke only 145 gold if he has 700. So my idea would be you can deman more gold from ransoms, but more you demand, if you go insensible you get prestige or piety hit from that. But you can clear you enemys out and even force landed charcters to take loan to pay for they release. Ofcouse there could be change they just refuse you and only accept normal ammount. this would give real value to heirs. To extention if character does not have money he could give you titles or claims and also suffer opinion and prestige hit in they realm.

war rep with realms you have defeated would be also be nice diplomatical adition. War rep would be like forced monetary tributary, what breaks automatically when time is up. War rep should include also extended truce. Idea between wars should be also prestige based. If you defeat enemy you could deman almost everything. But each demand what goes over sensibilty demands more prestige and maybe gives even general opinion penaltys.

Also suggetsions with floods and draughts. WOuld be nice if there is possible to build or develop some syetems like irrigation systems to handle draughts or dams to handle floods and make impact lesser or less frequesnt.

I do not know if its allowed to suggest here but would be nice to see changes also in L3T diplomacy.
Yes, sure it is the right place to go about it ;)

So i always thought Vanilla. Diplomacy especialy with that what includes money were little silly and simplistic.

So I think if you imprison someone you dont just demand cents from captures but you demand a ransom. Why ask from courtier only 10 gold if he has 200, or why to ask duke only 145 gold if he has 700. So my idea would be you can deman more gold from ransoms, but more you demand, if you go insensible you get prestige or piety hit from that. But you can clear you enemys out and even force landed charcters to take loan to pay for they release. Ofcouse there could be change they just refuse you and only accept normal ammount. this would give real value to heirs. To extention if character does not have money he could give you titles or claims and also suffer opinion and prestige hit in they realm.
Diplomacy is a tricky part because some of these are semi-hardcoded, if not completely. For the example of ransoms, it seems that if we want to do something about, we need to deactivate completely the vanilla interaction and so coding a whole from ground. Having well done and balanced could be huge work. CK2 is not very kind when it comes to flexibility, scaled_wealth behaviours as example of how it can became wonky.
About the specifics, for gold, you don't necessary know how much someone can offer, unless the prisoner or someone of his court made the offer, but I agree taking the rank and circumstances into account should be nice.
Claim as a trade of could be nice, even though it should be part of peace deals, but it could be done in this scope sadly.
Consequences when the character comes back home is also a good idea, being captured may impact legitimacy, views from others, authority...
Not exactly the same, but L3T provides an additional way to deal with your prisoners who are religious enemies, sacrifice them ;)

I can't promise I'll work on this, at least not soon, but don't mind getting into something more detailled. I guess we can make a trade of gold/rank, claims, artefacts etc. with some kind of negociation dialog (chosing what to ask for, counter-proposal, chosing what to offer). +consequences once back to home, not really sure how to design it though.

war rep with realms you have defeated would be also be nice diplomatical adition. War rep would be like forced monetary tributary, what breaks automatically when time is up. War rep should include also extended truce. Idea between wars should be also prestige based. If you defeat enemy you could deman almost everything. But each demand what goes over sensibilty demands more prestige and maybe gives even general opinion penaltys.
Modding CB is quite a hell, I'll avoid diving into that ;)
In general, I'm trying to not alter too much base vanilla systems in this mod.

Also suggetsions with floods and draughts. WOuld be nice if there is possible to build or develop some syetems like irrigation systems to handle draughts or dams to handle floods and make impact lesser or less frequesnt.
I have some plans to extend a bit the natural phenomenas flavour, these could be some good suggestions.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Two questions: Does your mod change any ambition / focus events, and which one? In fact if you have a list of events that it changes, especially the ones that conflict with EMF it would be handy. I'm trying to see if I can make it somehow work together. Without issues and overwrites, that is. :)

Second question is, is there any some sort of a manual for L3T, I realized I am not sure what should I build in which province, how to get the best out of all the trade and resource buildings, etc...

Two questions: Does your mod change any ambition / focus events, and which one? In fact if you have a list of events that it changes, especially the ones that conflict with EMF it would be handy. I'm trying to see if I can make it somehow work together. Without issues and overwrites, that is. :)

Second question is, is there any some sort of a manual for L3T, I realized I am not sure what should I build in which province, how to get the best out of all the trade and resource buildings, etc...
L3T features some new ambition events, vanilla ones are not altered, but some can be included in some of the vanilla files I changed some other things in.
1589886644973.png

Here is the list of vanilla event files altered in L3T.

You can get some info in the according devdiaries (there's the full list at the start of the thread), as well as in the mod's wiki page. Mostly formal information than advices though.
Don't mind asking if you have specific questions or if you see some improvements it can get with tooltip or building description etc.

Today, some small flavour again, but it is what this mod is for after all ;)

Furussiya and Tournaments
  • Invited
It's make a while now these were revised in vanilla game and only happen once per reign and that only personal combat matters.
Considering the former, I've boosted a bit the gains in gold and prestige for the winners. For the latter I didn't want to get into such complex computation, but instead I offer an option for people with zero chance to win nor very interested into the military matters to refuse the invitation. There's no need 99,9000999000999% of the men of the whole realm forcibly attend to this.
Most people will still attend BTW. It is now a 70%/30%, with a weighting take into account military matters.

1589903521159.png

• Rewarded
By chance I found out that the game features some horse armours, but I also found these are reserved to... horse councillors :eek:
So I decided to recycle them into some new artefacts that be chosen as reward for Furusiyya's winners since it is a horse-focus tournament. They are given the choice between a horse armour depending on their rank and the regular rewards if they prefer it, or have already that artefact or one of a better level. 3 levels of the horse armours exist, each with their own design.
Why not offering these as well for regular tournaments ? Because I have other plans for them !

1589904015217.png

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions: