• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
iirc we had some issues using holding_type (targetting the right holding and informing the right holder or so).

but i think we can tweak those event for all allowed holding types.
do AI patrician actually build and keep castles ?

I need to check, but I recall that merchant republic governments are allowed to hold castles without penalty, so probably yes.

Welcome to this dev diary.
I will talk about the new features about the feudal specializations which will be available with the next update of the mod.

I. New buildings for the Administrative center
Thanks to Alessio (from RGS forum) to give us some buildings to add for this specialization.
His buildings are available in the holdings with an Administrative Center and which are still the capital.
They are disable otherwise. It is better to see with the recent updates of the ArkoPack Interface (they in red in that case).
1.png

At left, the buildings are not available because of the bad specialization, at right they are available (except for dependency and technology requirements).
Like an Administrative Center is functional when it is in a capital, in some way there is an equivalence between a functional Administrative Center and a ruler (if he has one).
Like the Patrician Palace, the new building can give character bonus like trait.
These bonus are given by character modifiers.
index.php

II. Barracks restriction
The barracks level 3 and higher are restricted to Citadels in order to balance.
index.php

Now the specializations are more balanced.
Like many of you asked, I allow to change the specialization for another.

III. Specialization change
Imagine that Heinrich decided to move his capital from Nassau to Leiningen.
The Administrative Center in Nassau became no more functional.
index.php

He can remove them to change it for another specialization.
The buildings will be automatically sold or converted.
But to do this, the buildings need to be finish. So Heinrich must wait some time (exactly 1 year after the beginning of the building order).
index.php

After waiting, Heinrich can remove the useless Administrative Center.
index.php

The Citadel of Leiningen is not adapted to be the capital of the Kaiser.
So Heinrich needs to change its specialization.
index.php

Nota: To convert a Feudal Manor to another specialization (Citadel or Administrative Center), we need to have (not necessary to own) another Feudal Manor in the county.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    559,3 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2 MB · Views: 952
  • 3.png
    3.png
    163,4 KB · Views: 935
  • 4.png
    4.png
    496,8 KB · Views: 942
  • 5.png
    5.png
    283,5 KB · Views: 941
  • 6.png
    6.png
    484,3 KB · Views: 945
  • 7.png
    7.png
    244,9 KB · Views: 937
Reactions:
Very nice!

The administrative center makes sense, however CK2 gives a hefty bonus to levy size in the capital county. Ideally a player would want to equip his capital with the highest army buildings he can build in order to gain the most from that bonus. If the administrative center is available in the capital only, then there's a clash of interest. A workaround would be to allow the administrative center in the crown focus province instead of in the capital. Then again, crown focus can be changed quite often.

Or, you allow the higher level barracks only in citadels OR in the capital. That way there is less clash of interest.

Very nice!

The administrative center makes sense, however CK2 gives a hefty bonus to levy size in the capital county. Ideally a player would want to equip his capital with the highest army buildings he can build in order to gain the most from that bonus. If the administrative center is available in the capital only, then there's a clash of interest. A workaround would be to allow the administrative center in the crown focus province instead of in the capital. Then again, crown focus can be changed quite often.

Or, you allow the higher level barracks only in citadels OR in the capital. That way there is less clash of interest.

In my view, what you call clash of interest is just another strategic choice the player has to make, which is totally fine by me.

Reactions:
Very nice!

well, one of the goal of this mod is also to offer some viable way(s) beside the very militaristic approach the game has.

Reactions:
Nice mod! But somehow, for some reason, whenever this mod is enabled, those green icons for modifiers (both for characters and counties) won't show.
They are still accounted for, but don't show at all. Tested it with different characters, like throwing a feast etc, and nothing.
Any ideas on what might be happening?

Nice mod! But somehow, for some reason, whenever this mod is enabled, those green icons for modifiers (both for characters and counties) won't show.
They are still accounted for, but don't show at all. Tested it with different characters, like throwing a feast etc, and nothing.
Any ideas on what might be happening?
Happens for me with the Steam version, too. No idea why, for in the files they are there.
Try the non-Steam version (if you haven't already), that one works for me.

Reactions:
Could someone working with the mod tell me why you can't use EMF with it? I'm interested in adapting it to my sub-mod for HIP if it's not too much trouble, but I'd need to know if I can integrate them if possible first.

How about asking Arko if he would even be interested in you adapting his mod to your submod first? You know, common modding courtesy

Reactions:
Could someone working with the mod tell me why you can't use EMF with it? I'm interested in adapting it to my sub-mod for HIP if it's not too much trouble, but I'd need to know if I can integrate them if possible first.
Files overlap, scope overlap, balance considerations.
No, we don't autorize any re-use of this mod or mod's files.

Reactions:
...but quite frankly they don't "own" the mod and I would do it whether they agreed or not if I chose to. Third of all, for all you know I could've asked him, since I do so by PM and not in a public mod thread.
Yes, we "own" our mod and you can't steal it if you wish too, only Paradox can per see.

Reactions:
Like if I did it I would ask and give him credit first, but quite frankly they don't "own" the mod and I would do it whether they agreed or not if I chose to.

This is the sort of anti-property drivel that tends to lead to people effectively blacklisting themselves in this community and generally running into trouble with the forum admins.

To be 100% clear, Paradox has and will continue to respect the notion of modders' intellectual property as showcased on its forums. To what extent modders do or do not actually legally own their work in virtually any real court depends upon a variety of things (the most important being whether the asset is even derived at all from Paradox's IP) and is a question for wannabe philosopher kings, not forumites or other modders: Paradox will enforce common courtesy regarding intellectual property regardless, and it would be quite rare [and short-lived] indeed to find an established (i.e., successful) modder that does not respect these common courtesies on Paradox's forums.

It is somewhat sad that anybody needs to be reminded that people own what they create and that it is wise to respect what people own.

Last edited:
Reactions:
This is the sort of anti-property drivel that tends to lead to people effectively blacklisting themselves in this community and generally running into trouble with the forum admins.

To be 100% clear, Paradox has and will continue to respect the notion of modders' intellectual property as showcased on its forums. To what extent modders do or do not actually legally own their work in virtually any real court depends upon a variety of things (the most important being whether the asset is even derived at all from Paradox's IP) and is a question for wannabe philosopher kings, not forumites or other modders: Paradox will enforce common courtesy regarding intellectual property regardless, and it would be quite rare [and short-lived] indeed to find an established (i.e., successful) modder that does not respect these common courtesies on Paradox's forums.

It is somewhat sad that anybody needs to be reminded that people own what they create and that it is wise to respect what people own.

"property" in this sense is just reification. It has no real substance, and not only are you not deriving any profit from it but literally the sole thing you can try to do with it is block any intellectual use of it. So no, I have no respect for some abstract notion of "property". And quite frankly the simple fact is that beyond this modders have literally no property claim since Paradox owns it. As I said: I am willing to show common courtesy, I will ask politely, but I am not going to respect something whose sole end is the prevention of artistic creation.

Reactions:
Files overlap, scope overlap, balance considerations.
No, we don't autorize any re-use of this mod or mod's files.

I meant more like what does this do that EMF does? Like what would be the practical difference with playing with this vs EMF?

"property" in this sense is just reification. It has no real substance, and not only are you not deriving any profit from it but literally the sole thing you can try to do with it is block any intellectual use of it. So no, I have no respect for some abstract notion of "property". And quite frankly the simple fact is that beyond this modders have literally no property claim since Paradox owns it. As I said: I am willing to show common courtesy, I will ask politely, but I am not going to respect something whose sole end is the prevention of artistic creation.
Legally speaking, you are right. Only Paradox has any legal claim to any work derived from the company's products. But note that neither Arko nor zijistark claimed that they own their mods in the legal sense. Reading these two lines from the Rules for User Made Mods & Edits should give you a sense of the situation:

4) The User Mod may not claim ANY kind of license or copyright of any kind (You can still have Credits).
5) The User Mod should respect the work of other modders and not include any work without the consent of that modder.

So basically modders have to find a way to abide by both of these rules. No modder owns his mods in the legal sense; but to the extent that Paradox wants modders to respect their authorship by, for example, incorporating someone's modded work only with his/her explicit consent, modders "own" their works - or have a claim on their works, so to speak.

Reactions:
Reactions:
I meant more like what does this do that EMF does? Like what would be the practical difference with playing with this vs EMF?
I find it amusing that you are interested in "adapting" a mod you seemingly didn't play at.

Reactions:
so any news on the mod? what is teh future? are ytou guys waiting for the new update fromn Pdox? what parts do you guys want to implement? :)

Is there any way I can help? :)
We don't know when the game's 2.7 will be up but i don't think we'll wait for it anyway.
We are planning a release with the last DD stuff by the end of the month.
We'll drop steam workshop (WS) support as it doens't make the mod working correctly, the WS page will be kept open if possible with a proper warning a pointing here on the forums for downloading the mod.

Is there any way I can help? :)
It depends on your talents I'd say.
What we need the most is testers (a beta version version is up on github for early testing - or just testing the regular current release.
Don't mind private messenging me if you have some further propositions to make ;)