• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OneiricRose

kodlogo.jpg

Kings of Darkness
A World of Darkness mod for Crusader Kings 2

Download links: None yet (the mod isn't ready, nor even on beta, I will announce once the mod has enough stuff to be both playable and enjoyable)

Planned Features:
• A horror themed mod based on (with some liberties) the (New) World of Darkness and its settings such as: Vampire the Requiem, Werewolf the Forsaken, Changeling the Lost, Mage the Awakening, Geist the Sin Eaters, Hunter the Vigil, Promethean the Created and more.

• Set in a twisted version of our Dark Ages. You will experience the world not as the mortals see it but what happens behind the veil that separates us from the supernatural. The game will reflect the domains of supernatural creatures not the petty realms of men that come and go. Beware though, if you are not careful you may attract unwanted attention from the mortal kings who may then send their armies to purge you whatever else hides in the night.

• Play as any of the supernatural creatures that exist in the WoD lore: Vampires, werewolves, changelings, geists, mages,hunters (purge the World of Darkness), prometheans, as well as their classic antagonists such as spirits, acamoths and the scelestus, corsairs of the fae, seers of the throne, banishers and other darker creatures.

• New traits and events as well as a reworking of all existing ones to fit the setting and the mood of the mod.

• A new set of cultures and religions separated in different groups for each creature type.

• A much darker and grim looking version of the normal CK2 map which adds to the atmosphere.

• New portraits for all creatures

Questions and answers:
• Do I need to be familiar with the world of darkness to understand/play/enjoy/ it? Or even to join the development team?
Definitely not. The mod will be 100% friendly to everyone. All of the needed information will be included both here on this thread(the following posts) and on the mod itself. If you just happen to like horror and vampire or werewolves you should fit in just fine. Also feel free to ask questions The same applies to team members.

•When it will be released?
At the moment I have absolutely no idea since there is still much to be done. Once things look better I may be able to come up with an aproximate release date that will be announced here.

•Do you need more people on the team?
Yes, currently I am doing this alone and though I am fairly sure that I can do the whole of it alone it will be a lot easier, faster and have even more content if more people join in. The areas where I would most appreciate support are with graphics (especially portraits), event scripting, decision scripting and helping imagine and script characters to fill the map. However modders from pretty much every area of the game will be welcomed as I can always use more people. Send me a personal message if you are interested.

•How will you handle X or Y?
Ask on the thread and I will do my best to answer. If a question is repeatedly asked by many people I will include it here.

•Is this mod in any way based or influenced by Twilight and/or similar teenage phenomenons?
Hell no! I hope you are joking or I will hand you over to real vampires. Besides how long do you think Twilight vampires would survive on the brutal World of Darkness? I bet they would last less than a day.

Team List:
TheConqueror
Sifaus
Maestro Ugo

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshots (note that many things may and will change further on, such as the political map which won't include human realms except for hunters).

Current map
darkmap.jpg

The Vampire (skull) and Gangrel (vampire clan, feral eye) traits as they look right now.
gangrelvamp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehehe, I saw two mods with a similar focus, though both were for vamp and had a slightly different focus, or you haven't posted anything yet?
In any case I don't mind joining efforts if you are up for that. :)
My work was mostly experimental but yeah, I never actually posted anything. Well if we work together maybe i will. ^^

I sent a pm.

looks wonderful, but so many of these mods end up dying before getting really interesting.

Best of luck in any case and when it comes out I will be sure to try it

looks wonderful, but so many of these mods end up dying before getting really interesting.

Best of luck in any case and when it comes out I will be sure to try it

I know and it is pretty sad. And I know you don't know me but one thing I can promise.
THIS MOD WILL SURVIVE. It may suffer from delays and everything but unless someone kills me this mod will get done. :p

Funny. I was actually considering an entire revamp (pun!) of the Vampire Mod to incorporate WoD stuff instead. So yay you!

I can help with some things. Not good at scripting, but I can help with fleshing out Histories and such. I had some ideas on how religions would work, how to incorporate Clans, Covenants and Bloodlines (obviously for the vampire stuff).

I may not know about this alternate universe but I would be glad if you could find me a way to help :blush:

Great idea! I'll keep my eye on this :D

So this post isn't entirely useless, I'll make a question:

How do you plan on representing this parallel between "Human Domains" and "Darkness-creature-thingies Domains"? You spoke of Kings finding out. How would they appear? Would the human counts and dukes be omited but the Human King appear? And will all the Vampire Counts, Dukes and such be called "Prince"? *-*

Great idea! I'll keep my eye on this :D

So this post isn't entirely useless, I'll make a question:

How do you plan on representing this parallel between "Human Domains" and "Darkness-creature-thingies Domains"? You spoke of Kings finding out. How would they appear? Would the human counts and dukes be omited but the Human King appear? And will all the Vampire Counts, Dukes and such be called "Prince"? *-*

Yes what is shown on the map is not the political mortal map but the games of intrigue and disputes for territory between these creatures. In the case of vampires, prince will be the most common title (possibly for counts and/or dukes) but higher titles will be availiable but both hard to achieve and maintain. However if you choose to be indiscreet in your events and decisions that deal with interactions with mortals (for example a random feeding event) you may wind up with invasions from outraged mortals who may then spawn armies of hunters and mobs of furious peasants. This would work similarly to the mongol invasion although of course in a much reduced scale and only on your area, and the domains set up by such armies would be controlled by human hunters. (I am planning on having various creatable hunter groups that can spawn in each region) .Human monarchs will most likely only be referenced. This also gives you a good reason to watch your neighbours or they may end up bringing up the wrath of men upon your realm too.

Also tomorrow I will post basic information for those who don't know the setting and some screenshots of the current version of the map and some trait icons. I hope you all enjoy it. :)

Cool Gangrel screenie :D You could use what GKnTN does in relations to vampire "Dynasties". In the sense that your character would adopt an accolite and choose, when he is older, to bite him or reject him, and Sire him as a Vampire. That would be good :) Maybe if your dynasty becomes big enough, and with enough dynasty score, an event could make it a seperate "Bloodline", the character being able to choose from a group of possible perks they could gain from the new bloodline. Is that possible\desirable?

Status
Not open for further replies.