[Mod] JK_Variants 1.8.0.0 - 175+ 'Mechs and 125+ Vees, Rarity Tables, and more

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@PauloBrito just downloaded the latest CAB Thursday and tested yesterday, so I should have it posted this eve. Was hoping to post it yesterday but distracted myself with another mini-project;)

Hello Justin Kase.
Can I use your def Files for crusader, stinger and wasp? Also the png Files? I will give you credit .

I want use it in my mod heavy Metal plus. It is a small mod för People who do Not want to have Great mods.

Best Regards
Gannebamm

Just curious - was looking at this on Nexus and it has a Nov 30 upload date and says it is still the Modtek version and CAB is disabled - I assume if you want the "whole package" it would be best to still wait till the version that works with CAB and HBS Mod Manager is uploaded? Thx!

I use bex-cm. It is a new Version. I have create a mod for testing with crusader Sting and wasp. Still works fine for me.

I want to do more work in the mechs. Hero and Lost tech variants to integrate them to heavy Metal plus.

@FrostWeasel
BEX_JK_PlusVee : Adds in more vees, but uses existing models.
Give_me_Death : Requires FlashPoints and Heavy Metal DLC, gives the GDL the correct 'Mechs

JK_Events : Requires Timeline, ComStar News events #fakeComStarNews
JK_Pilots : Adds in some Streamers as new pilots

Timeline : By mpstark - lets you pick starting year - I suggest using 3025 :p

Say, where can I find those? With clear cut install instructions?

@FrostWeasel
Note - these are all my working 1.8 Mods, so pick and choose what you like ;)

BEX_JK_PlusVee : Adds in more vees, but uses existing models.
Give_me_Death : Requires FlashPoints and Heavy Metal DLC, gives the GDL the correct 'Mechs
Give_them_Kell: Requires FlashPoints and Heavy Metal DLC, gives the Kell Hounds the correct 'Mechs
JK_Events : Requires Timeline, ComStar News events #fakeComStarNews
JK_Pilots : Adds in some Streamers as new pilots
JK_SUCKos : Adjusts the Star System coordinates to match Sarna's mapping values
JK_VariantsCampaign : Adds many new variants to Vanilla 'Mechs/Vees
JK_VariantsDLC : Adds many new variants to DLC 'Mechs/Vees
JK_VariantsSkirmish : Adds some Hero 'Mechs to Skirmish mode only
JK_VariantsStarLeague : Adds a handful of SL era 'Mechs/Vees
Timeline : By mpstark - lets you pick starting year - I suggest using 3025 :p
Z_JK_AppearanceDates : Sets appearance dates for all the new variants and prevents things from appearing too soon
Z_JK_VariantsCampaign_JumpJets : Sets Lore JJ values for all 'Mechs (so no Jumping Atlases)
Z_Sab_JK_RarityTables : Creates the Rarity Tables for all 'Mechs from HBS, my mods, and several others. This also should create faction based random encounters.

So I downloaded the ZIP file with all of these and put them in the mod folder (official). Now my game says date not selected when I run a new campaign. HELP

I have had no issues using the "official" mod system

I miss @Justin Kase .

He hasn't been on here since December 23rd. No idea if he's on the modding discords or if he just faded away.

last i heard he was helping with BEX CE but ya...his presence here is missed.
his original JKs Variants is what prompted me to take the plunge into modding this game after 400 odd hours of vanilla.
and well over 1200 hours later im still playing modded games.
his mods have become part and parcel of many of the bigger modpacks.

o7
@Justin Kase may life be treating you well wherever you roam.

Last I heard @Justin Kase had made himself absolutely indispensable and was working all hours there were in a day and STILL trying to do right by those closest to him!

:bow: More power to you Good Sir! : )

Does anyone know what happened to Justin Kase ?
The guy disappeared not only from here but also from nexusmods...
Last I heard from him, he was well and diving deep into work that he enjoyed. Of a necessity he has had less time to spend hereabout. I am confident that @Justin Kase is doing quite well indeed. :bow:

Actually I can answer this myself: mostly, sort of, because it was made for 1.8 instead of 1.9+

It adds variants that also were later officially added by HBS in 1.9, which causes some odd behavior like ECM Ravens showing up in 1 skull missions in month 1, before you ever do the flashpoint that introduces ECM mechs to the vanilla game world. It also adds 1/2 ton ammo which is also added by 1.9.

One thing I'm unclear about is that it appears to make a duplicate of the BL-7-KNT mech that's exactly the same for some reason.

Finally, it seems that the variants don't appear in any stores, but I'm not 100% sure of this.