[Mod] JK_Variants 1.8.0.0 - 175+ 'Mechs and 125+ Vees, Rarity Tables, and more

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Btw, I'm running the cFixes, as I'm sure you're aware, since it 1st came out and have had no issues or problems with it....ever

Well like I said, as always, I'm in your debt for your fine work and the offer stands to be your guinea pig for whatever you need and whenever you want

Btw, I'm running the cFixes, as I'm sure you're aware, since it 1st came out and have had no issues or problems with it....ever

Yeah, that was my mistake. I did not set this up as an Advanced Merge - that was my error! However, it does appear to be merging properly for the majority of people out there, otherwise I'd have been getting more of an ear full.

I may try an advanced merge for it to see if that works for you.

yep, definitely weird....but then again I'm not surprised

The One and Only Constant in my entire life is this that if it can happen, it will without a doubt, happen to me:(:confused::oops:

In talking with mpstark, he asked if you use some sort of mod manager (other than ModTek that is).

My question is if you use Steam or GoG (just out of curiosity).

Steam and just Modtek

Sorry that I'm the odd man out.....thanks for trying figure this out, but on the brightside everything else appears to be running great

Hey Justin. Any updates for this mod with 1.8 and Heavy Metal? This is my favorite mod and frankly my only 'must have' for the game. Thanks again for all of your efforts.

1.8.0.0 Release
@FrostWeasel I have a test version that is working pretty well now. It adds in the relevant variants for the DLC and removes variants that HBS has added.

The main issue it currently has is that all the CAB related 'Mechs/Vees are currently held up until the CAB Asset Bundles are properly loading. HBS staff are working hard to get that done.

If you would like to test - attached is a ZIP with everything I have confirmed is working (in 1 folder).

Unzip this and then place it in : C:\Users\((login ID/Name here))\Documents\my games\BattleTech\mods\

When done, the mods folder should now have a JK_BTMods sub folder, which then has multiple sub folders for the various mods.

Then you need to :
  • Start the game
  • Click on the Mods button in the lower left corner
  • Click all the Mods you want to activate ( and make sure mods are turned on in top right corner)
  • Save and close
  • Quit and restart BT
  • Now the mods should be there and active
Note - these are all my working 1.8 Mods, so pick and choose what you like ;)

BEX_JK_PlusVee : Adds in more vees, but uses existing models.
Give_me_Death : Requires FlashPoints and Heavy Metal DLC, gives the GDL the correct 'Mechs
Give_them_Kell: Requires FlashPoints and Heavy Metal DLC, gives the Kell Hounds the correct 'Mechs
JK_Events : Requires Timeline, ComStar News events #fakeComStarNews
JK_Pilots : Adds in some Streamers as new pilots
JK_SUCKos : Adjusts the Star System coordinates to match Sarna's mapping values
JK_VariantsCampaign : Adds many new variants to Vanilla 'Mechs/Vees
JK_VariantsDLC : Adds many new variants to DLC 'Mechs/Vees
JK_VariantsSkirmish : Adds some Hero 'Mechs to Skirmish mode only
JK_VariantsStarLeague : Adds a handful of SL era 'Mechs/Vees
Timeline : By mpstark - lets you pick starting year - I suggest using 3025 :p
Z_JK_AppearanceDates : Sets appearance dates for all the new variants and prevents things from appearing too soon
Z_JK_VariantsCampaign_JumpJets : Sets Lore JJ values for all 'Mechs (so no Jumping Atlases)
Z_Sab_JK_RarityTables : Creates the Rarity Tables for all 'Mechs from HBS, my mods, and several others. This also should create faction based random encounters.

Still working on:
cFixes
JK_VariantsCAB
JK_Factions

Some other fun things ;)

Attachments

• JK_BTMods.zip
    9 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Anyone who decides to test this - please let me know of any errors/issues you run into. Or if it all seems to be working.

Thanks!

Question - where i get Comstar New Events ?

Just make sure you toggle on the "Timeline" & "JK_Events" mods - they are included in that ZIP file above.

NOTE : Right now it only does events for 3025 (at least 1 per month), working to expand it out another 2 years. Did my best to make them Lore based.

Thanks JK. I love your work, it’s taught me a lot about modding and greatly enhanced my enjoyment of the game. I appreciate all your hard work and effort.

Thank you for that - always hope to inspire more people to mod, or at least save people some time with my mods ;)

Last edited:
@PauloBrito You can start a new career and fast forward to Jan 15th if you want to see what it looks like. Thanks for letting me know it wasn't an error.

@Justin Kase duude.....
just got up for work and went to nexus to check for updated mods like i always do....
and i see FIVE of yours including JKVariants all ready to go.
you sir are a beast....thank you for getting all those updated for 1.8 been missing them

@Justin Kase, just as @unclecid says, you Sir are a Hero of our Community! Thank you for your latest efforts and on all the JK BATTLETECH Works that have come before it. Great job! :bow:

: )

Heh - you two are both too kind ;) As I've said before, these mods have largely grown and improved thanks to y'all - so THANK YOU to everyone who has given feedback and helped out over the years :)

I need to bundle up the Timeline / Events mod as its own thing - then I need to get cFixes up to date. Hopefully by then we will see an Asset Bundle loader for the HBS ModManager, and I can get that updated once again :)

Thank you all!

Install instructions
To help anyone out who is having issues with visualizing the instructions :

After downloading the Zip, unzip and then place it in : C:\Users\((login ID/Name here))\Documents\my games\BattleTech\mods\
1 - Folder.png

When done, the mods folder should now have a JK_BTMods sub folder, which then has multiple sub folders for the various mods.
2 - SubFolder.png

Then you need to :
Start the game
Click on the Mods button in the lower left corner
3 - ModManager.png

Make sure mods are turned on in top right corner (#1)
Click all the Mods you want to activate (#2)
Save and close (#3)
4 - ActivateMods.png

Quit and restart BT

Now the mods should be there and active

NOTE : If you are having issues - I recommend going back to the mods folder and opening the HBS sub-folder to clear the cache & database (just delete the 2 folders indicated below), then follow the above steps to activate the Mods and allow the Cache to rebuild.

5 - DeleteHBSifIssues.png

Last edited:
I get these mechs that i don't know (not on Sarna) in one opfor - penultimate mission in the HM FP
Thunderbolt TDR-5D
Atlas AS7-D-K
Catapult CPLT-C1 (JENNY) BUTTERBEE
This with the latest update

Thanks Paul - Is it with using the Rarity tables?

The Atlas AS7-D-K is a Kuritian variant of the Atlas that uses 2 LRM-10s instead of 1 LRM-20. It is from Battletechnology and didn't have an official designation other than "Kuritian variant".

The TDR-5D is a Thunderbolt variant that came out with the latest Succession Wars Record Sheets from CGL - there is no fluff on it, just a record sheet. I put in some generic fluff about it being a Davion variant, though that may turn out to be incorrect once they release info on it.

The Catapult Butterbee should be blocked by the Rarity table as a Liao Hero 'Mech - I will have to check on that one. Could be that the faction didn't recognize it.