[Mod] JK_Variants 1.8.0.0 - 175+ 'Mechs and 125+ Vees, Rarity Tables, and more

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Holy cannoli it does work. I still have zero idea *why* it works but it does. Infinite thanks, friend. You're my personal hero tonight.

Just glad it did :) Enjoy my friend!

Thought I'd drop this in here -- started a discussion of weapons that might not break the 3025 "spirit" but would expand the list of weapon options a little bit.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/weapons-potential-additions-for-3025.1097267/

Might inspire me to learn more about how to mod this game. (Learned quite a bit about CK2 back when I played it.)

Interesting - I added it to my follow list, thanks for that ;)

I'll likely be adding in Snub Nosed PPC (as I need it for a SLDF variant) - but I am mostly focused on only adding things that I need to make a variant work. Otherwise, I am trying to stick to using the vanilla files as much as I can to make the mod as future proof as I can.

There is a pretty cool mod that actually already adds a lot of these weapons from @Gungy that I was looking at this eve : https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/81?tab=files : which adds a bunch of new weapons (please note, he also reconciled the heat/damage values to be in line with TT), worth checking out.

Added a more detailed set of installation instructions to the first page - with some pictures. I typed them up for someone on Nexus Mods and figured they might be of use to others.

Hmm, has anyone else had the problem that tasks have stopped counting down? I have a big list of injuries, repairs etc that aren't reducing in time as the days pass. At the top of the list is the financial thing where you choose the comfort levels, I chose one but it's still stuck at the top, at 0 days.

I haven't seen that issue as of yet - just this mod installed, or any others?

Also, what is the 'Mech at the top of the list for repairs?

Can you cancel the top and then see if the queue restarts?

A screenshot might help as well.

Just this mod, I didn't have any 'new' Mechs or weapons yet, just 1/3 of a couple of them, I've uninstalled and will reinstall again tomorrow to see if it fixes it, I doubt it's your mod, more likely to be a messed up installation of the patch on my end.

One possibility - if you are using my most recent mod, but using the 1.02 version of the BattleTech game, there will be issues.

The current mod is made for the 1.03 version of BattleTech (Public Beta Patch)

I made a more detailed post on page 1 (post 4) of this thread that should help walk you through a full install. If you want to do a partial, then just sub in the relevant files instead of the 'Everything' files.

Hmm, has anyone else had the problem that tasks have stopped counting down? I have a big list of injuries, repairs etc that aren't reducing in time as the days pass. At the top of the list is the financial thing where you choose the comfort levels, I chose one but it's still stuck at the top, at 0 days.

I had the same problem without mods. I think that is a bug introduced by 1.03 (other peoples were reporting this in the bug forum).

I had the same problem without mods. I think that is a bug introduced by 1.03 (other peoples were reporting this in the bug forum).
Thanks for that @zande - I was going nuts trying to reproduce that error last night...

Thank you for the great work! A simple suggestion on binary laser cannons (blazers): Wouldn't it make sense to increase their damage to 65 (or just anywhere upwards of 60, e.g. 61)? Asking because technically, for all its heat it is one of the few IS 3025-available head-capping weapons in TT, but with this game's buff to AC/10 and corresponding increase in head armor/internal structure (to the total of 61), this little but important detail ends up disappearing.

What is the change here?

When looking at the new VersionManifest for 1.03 BETA, I see entries for PortraitPreset_301 through PortraitPreset_326. Not sure if these are just reworking of older entries moved to the bottom of the VM, or if they are new entries.

Thank you for the great work! A simple suggestion on binary laser cannons (blazers): Wouldn't it make sense to increase their damage to 65 (or just anywhere upwards of 60, e.g. 61)? Asking because technically, for all its heat it is one of the few IS 3025-available head-capping weapons in TT, but with this game's buff to AC/10 and corresponding increase in head armor/internal structure (to the total of 61), this little but important detail ends up disappearing.

That is a rather good point. Considering the 'value' of the Blazer is the head cap ability, it seems quite reasonable to do so. I will add that to the 1.03a changes.

JK, thanks for all of the great work.
I wanted to report an issue I have seen (and you may be aware of), and the only one I have noticed to this point. I finally salvaged enough Banshee 3S partials to make one. When I went into the mechbay to change the PPCs to ++ models I had in storage, removing the arm mounted PPC does not allow placing another there. Looking at it, the energy weapons slots show a 0/0.
Let me know if you need more info from me. I am running BT 1.02, and downloaded your mod this past Friday (I think.)

@Justin Kase Glad to help!

By the way, looking at the chassis files, it seems that a lot of them have different max rear armor values; is there some meaning to this, or is this a holdover from some earlier version?

Also, if I may ask, how did you work out the tonnage of variant 'mechs with upgraded/downgraded engine sizes? For example, I noticed that while BJ-1X internals mass seems to reflect the bigger engine, the speed is unchanged (though the max JJs number is appropriately increased) and the mass seems off by 1 ton (225 engine at 10t would be 3 tons heavier than the default 180 engine at 7t, where the provided InitialTonnage value is 20,5t vs. 16,5t of the vanilla BJ-1 ). And on the other hand, CTF-4X has appropriately decreased speed, but no freed up tonnage (should be 7t lighter, 16t default 280 engine vs. 9t 210 engine required for that tonnage and speed) to the point that the prescribed loadout seems to exceed the weight limit. Or am I running the numbers wrong somehow?

@FrostWeasel - Glad you are enjoying it.

Not sure if I caught that one, or if someone else pointed it out to me. But attached here is a copy of the 1.03 file that should work - try substituting it in the JK_Variants/chassis folder and let me know if it fixes the problem.

Attachments

• chassisdef_banshee_BNC-3S.zip
    1,3 KB · Views: 16
The speed appears to only be controlled by the related MoveDef file only, though I should change the relevant fields in the other files to be safe :p

You are correct, the CTF-4X should come to 22 & BJ-1X should come to 20.5

The CTF-4X file was wrong - but the BJ-1X was correct (near as I can tell).

I did adjust the move values in them - just to be safe.

Attached are both files - look them over and sub them in, see if they work better please!

Attachments

• Chassis-BJ&CTF.zip
    2,5 KB · Views: 16
Ah, okay! Since I was unable to locate their readouts, I had to extrapolate based on the engine rules in TechManual.
I'll try them in action :)

@Justin Kase I don't think I've contributed anything of value to earn that :)

And - I must apologize: the tonnage values you provided are, indeed, correct, and I have simply failed to account for increased/decreased gyro size. Once again, thank you for all of this effort!

Is the latest JK_Variants version compatible with the live version of the 1.03 update?