• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, I tried this mod and I noticed that the enemy mages do mass recruit, not a lot of high end mobs though. They also seem to stop expanding at some point, and well they don't move there units out there border unless threatened but they never really attack with them, which is a damn shame. As a result, its still really easy to win on impossible. unless I got lucky somehow and haven't actually experienced what the mod does for the AI.

574F7C27D89CC3ABB5FFDB81D889BB74CD18C536

The screenshot shows the mass units, the limited expanding and i've not seem them out of there borders for a LONG time. Now this could just be the way the game is sadly because as far as I remembered this was also a issue for vanilla.

Thanks temudjin-khan!

- Could you affect diplomacy behavior? Small thing which would make AI behavior more realistic, and much more exciting for player, would be when AI mages start to battle together in a alliance against the player as soon as the player get too strong and begin to destroy one mage after the other. So there would be a little twist, when the player is already very strong.
- Could you affect Battle and Casting behavior? Would be nice when AI uses nullify against units with lots of buffs (Most important for "invisibility" and "Vampire Weapon Enchantment"). Because such strong single units are indestructible for the AI at the moment. And so single units can destroy all mages in a match at vanilla gaming. And even when all AI mages act against the player, it would be no challenge to win against all at once with this units.
- Chance to make AI better exploring, and not stop to enlarge their borders?

The Mod "Ultimate Wizards" has some nice features (about balancing / world creation) and fixes. Would be nice to see some of them merged in your Mod.

Thanks for your great work.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I know of no way to make AI behavior smarter, that's why I opted for making the AI stronger. Same with magic, because the AI doesn't use its magic very efficiently, I made mana and spells harder to get and spells generally using up more mana per use.
Let's hope for a more moddable AI with the next version, as I don't think it will be much smarter initially.
This is not a criticism. On my first couple of games I thought that the game was incredibly well balanced, and I probably wouldn't have wanted an all to smart AI to crush my forces with ease until I had learned to use its weaknesses against it. Only after the first five (or was it ten? fifteen?) games or so the AI problems began to register (and then annoy) more and more. Sadly my guess would be that those of us who played more than a dozen big games are not among the majority or players.

Been looking forward to give this mod a spin and so far It's working perfectly. I've played a game with the Dremers, so the ai players quickly peaced out when they had the chance - if they hadn't I'd have my outer cities overrun by minotaurs and worse. So that part works, the ai is still building a lot of ships, but I'm also seeing a more expansionist behavior - more cities being built! Awesome

One thing I did not like, is the ability of change land spells to also change ocean (specifically the Helia turn to desert spell - I haven't had the time to use the others). I can't see the change in your list, so maybe it's a bug?
If every change land spell is able to raise water, then raise land is almost useless.

Edit: I've checked and it's only the god specific land changing spells that raises land. I haven't used them that much in vanilla, maybe it's from there?

Last edited:
Thanks for putting your time and effort into this mod. I think it is a must have if you want a harder game. The mages are much better now and I love how you boosted some up with 14 points. I like to play against them.

I have noticed in my games it stagnates at around 150 days. I know you are limited in what you can do but if you could make the game harder late game that would be great.

I think you should increase the amount you need to research to 2x at what you have it now. The less options you have the better and limiting overpowered spells combos and multiple spell buffs is a good thing.

Maybe speed up when the harder dremers spawn. I have only seen Giants in one game and maybe Brutes in 2-3 games out of dozens of games. I haven't seen the water dremers in a long time.

Can you make the dremer gates spawn faster later game?

Make the legendary monsters quests spawn sooner?

thanks again

@ Dannevirke:
I don't think I've changed any terraform spells beyond maybe mana cost / casting time. It would be an odd behavior though, even if it's only the god based spells.

@ Mahrdol:
I tried to keep the game interesting for longer by stretching research, but at some point your Superheroes become really super and we can't make Anti-Superheroes (probably wouldn't want to as we can't control when they arrive). On the other hand I like to have different spells to choose from and do not want to wait to long for the good ones. Especially since at the end the turns get longer and the game becomes somewhat tedious when it becomes clear that for all practical purposes you have won and only want to finish the game.
I don't think we can make spawning more frequent later, we can only make spawning more or less frequent.
I've only seen Water Dremers on their home plane, but Dremer Giants are not so rare anymore after turn 150 or so.
I don't really know how to deal with quests, I would have liked to make a few changes too.