[MOD] Imperium in Imperio EUIV Edition

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was a fan of Magna Mundi, so I am looking forward to this.

Like others have said, I am somewhat concerned it will get too bogged down in details. However, I am eagerly hoping for a mod which manages to present this more detailed take on EUIV, without becoming unplayable.

So unless we want to role-play, we'll generally want to ally with Bureaucrats? Like you "win" the Class System by creating a dominant bureaucracy?

Nice to see people are looking forward to this. Thanks all for the Support!

And to Lemont Elwood; Not really. Well, it depends on what you want. If you have a massive country you need to rule, and you don't plan on expanding, then sure, Bureaucrats will probably be for you, this is the situation China finds itself in at the beginning of the game. However in truth, you will want to avoid giving all of the power to any single Class, because once they are at Absolute Power, although the bonuses they provide may increase sharply for a time, so too will their corruption...

Each Class will have a Corruption Rating. As this value increases, the class's Bonuses will decrease, and eventually reverse into penalties if corruption gets high enough (probably over 60 or so out of 100). And having any class at Absolute will quickly increase its corruption rating.

If you find yourself with an Absolute Noble Class with a corruption nearing say 80, you won't be getting hardly anything in tax income, force limits will be crap, morale will be low, and because the Nobles have Absolute power it will be very difficult for you to fight their power, or their corruption.

And that's the situation Poland finished the game in.

So you want to lean towards a Class oriented towards your favor government, but occasionally whack them so they don't get corrupt?

Suppose I want to conquer the world (because that's what all EU players want to do). Would I benefit more from a Bureaucracy to administer my territories, or a decentralized government of Nobles?

Also, wanted to let you know this thread has the honor of being in my bookmarks bar.

About the factions, the actual Rebels and Possible Rebels tab couldn't be modded to Factions ala CK2+? It would really make the mod less event heavy. :)

In all honesty? You will probably want to keep your National Government composed primarily of Bureaucrats, but you will want to grant autonomy to most of your territory. In particular, it is best to give areas with different Province Cultures their own autonomous or semi-autonomous governments. Trying to govern Hungarians from Vienna is not going to win you any friends.

On a provincial level, you will generally want to work with what Classes are already there. Beating down an existing class to replace it with one you like more is going to be a long and difficult process, especially in provinces without your culture and religion. Furthermore, the cores of other nations will affect what classes grow in a province. If Austria conquers some Venetian Provinces, then those provinces will have merchants rising up until Austria and it will be hard for Nobles to establish a presence until the Province is Cored.

I am hoping to use the Rebels tab. What I am interested to see is how Rebel "Friendliness" can be handled. In EU3 you could make a Rebel Army friendly to another country, in which case that rebel army would not fight armies of that country. I am hoping I can trick the game into spawning "Rebel" Armies that are 'friendly' to the actual government, thus using them to represent the Classes/Factions that remain Loyalists during the Civil War. This would help immensely once it came time to disband those armies.

Hopefully...

This'll probably sound stupid, but maybe there could be an event raising force limits and giving the player enough money to buy those troops, but after the war ends the event is cancelled out?