[MOD] Imperial Routine - Sectors, Factions, Politics

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I love the idea of this mod. Not currently playing this game hoi4 has taken over but i will get to it and definitely use this mod

System Leaders
Hello all.
While I was updating and fixing my mod, I've decided to make some additions to it and want to show a small dev diary. At first, I'm going to integrate IRM Starbase Admirals to the main IRM mod. At second, I'm extending the functionality of SA, so now you'll be able to assign any leader type to system starbase.

This extention has several goals.
Well, I know that some players miss planet governors a bit, so the first goals was to give them back this ability. Now you can replace this feature by using system-wide governors, which is a bit more logical, for my opinion. The second, to make your starbase and system much more unique and efficient in a chosen focus and reflect leader actual traits and skills.

How it works?
You can enact an edict on any owned planet and assign a new leader to this system. Before that, you have to build System Administration facility on your starbase. This is dynamic building which is modded to react on leader propertis, providing specific bonuses and effects depending on leader type, skills and traits. I.e., assigned system governor provides additional productivity, scientist boost research output, general increases army strength and so on. There will be some dependent modules as well, to deepen this mechanics.
Of couse, it costs some influence, as you interfers some political processes on local level.

Screenshot_25.png

Enacting edict shows you the screen, where you can select any owned leader. By default, filter is set to show only unassigned leader, but you can change it above, so the next time it's going to show all leaders. You can easiliy unassign leader by planetary edict (which doesn't cost anything) or just assign him for some other scope.

Screenshot_26.png

The cool thing that leader is truly located on chosen starbase, as you can see on screen, so it opens a lot of interesting modding possibilities which I'll try to make.
Thank you for your time, stay connected.

Screenshot_27.png

Filter is set to show all available leaders

Screenshot_28.png

Governor Prima Lucius has been moved directly to Sol Station

Screenshot_29.png

Provided effects from system governor.

Hello all.
While I was updating and fixing my mod, I've decided to make some additions to it and want to show a small dev diary. At first, I'm going to integrate IRM Starbase Admirals to the main IRM mod. At second, I'm extending the functionality of SA, so now you'll be able to assign any leader type to system starbase.

This extention has several goals.
Well, I know that some players miss planet governors a bit, so the first goals was to give them back this ability. Now you can replace this feature by using system-wide governors, which is a bit more logical, for my opinion. The second, to make your starbase and system much more unique and efficient in a chosen focus and reflect leader actual traits and skills.

How it works?
You can enact an edict on any owned planet and assign a new leader to this system. Before that, you have to build System Administration facility on your starbase. This is dynamic building which is modded to react on leader propertis, providing specific bonuses and effects depending on leader type, skills and traits. I.e., assigned system governor provides additional productivity, scientist boost research output, general increases army strength and so on. There will be some dependent modules as well, to deepen this mechanics.
Of couse, it costs some influence, as you interfers some political processes on local level.

Screenshot_25.png

Enacting edict shows you the screen, where you can select any owned leader. By default, filter is set to show only unassigned leader, but you can change it above, so the next time it's going to show all leaders. You can easiliy unassign leader by planetary edict (which doesn't cost anything) or just assign him for some other scope.

Screenshot_26.png

The cool thing that leader is truly located on chosen starbase, as you can see on screen, so it opens a lot of interesting modding possibilities which I'll try to make.
Thank you for your time, stay connected.

Screenshot_27.png

Filter is set to show all available leaders

Screenshot_28.png

Governor Prima Lucius has been moved directly to Sol Station

Screenshot_29.png

Provided effects from system governor.

WOW!! Looks great :)

Sorry for late response.
According to shown dev screenshots, I have to stop current update process and wait for a 2.2 version because of a lot of coming changes. Planetary rework, pop strats and jobs and many others are going to have a huge impact on this mod, so I have to look and play 2.2 before making any changes. See you a bit later.

Hi. This looks like an excellent concept that will do a lot to expand sectors.

I downloaded it and activated it for use in an on going game. I know probably not a great idea, but I had three sectors formed already, and wanted to see some of the new features introduced by the mod. One of the things I noticed right away, is that the sector faction is over extended on number of core systems.. When I go to the sector management screen, it says Inhabited System 3/1. The three is red. I'm probably missing something here, but can a sector really only have 1 system. I do have a governor assigned to each sectors.

This is caused by changes in 2.1. I've stopped updating the mod because 2.2 will have too many changes which are going to break the mod and I'll be forced to rebuild it again. So I've taken a break for a while.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that I'm really keen to see what happens with this mod after 2.2! I also believe that the planetary decisions demonstrated in today's dev diary might be of relevance to the mechanical functioning of the future of this mod - perhaps making certain features more easily integrated into the game's ui. Love what you've done so far! :p

Just wanted to say that I'm really keen to see what happens with this mod after 2.2! I also believe that the planetary decisions demonstrated in today's dev diary might be of relevance to the mechanical functioning of the future of this mod - perhaps making certain features more easily integrated into the game's ui. Love what you've done so far! :p

Totally agree!

And it is my hope that this mod will eventually merge/cooperate with some sort of economics and ethics reworks to form the basis of a meiou-type mod(collection) :D :D