• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
View attachment 607116

A 19th-century mod for Imperator: Rome

About the project:

Imperatrix: Victoria (I:V) is a project to bring enhanced Imperator: Rome gameplay to the 19th and early 20th centuries, set during the late industrial revolution.

The project began in December 2019, receiving regular updates since then and has since grown to a include a small but dedicated team of devs and contributors. You can join our plucky band, too, and help to make this mod a reality!

As the mod is undergoing regular development, there is currently no forecast release date for a stable public Alpha.

View attachment 607121

Why Imperator : Rome?
Imperator: Rome has a huge number of modding capabilities which we expect to see expanded, making it one of the best Paradox engines with which to create a dynamic 19th century mod. Vanilla mechanics such as pops and civilisation level lend themselves to some of the core systems we want to develop, while the game's inclusion of character interactivity adds a certain level of personal flavour to the game that is absent in games like Victoria 2.

Aims of the project:
Imperatrix: Victoria
has a number of aims aside from simply bringing the gameplay of Imperator: Rome to the 19th century. Chief among those are the following:

• Curate a historically authentic experience with attention to detail.
  • Simulate a robust, living economic system built on real-world historical data. Pops will produce, buy and sell goods on the market, allowing the player to build and manage a responsive economy.
  • Provide the player with a living world including crime, education, employment, regional governments and more.
  • Create a dynamic political system including representative democracies, constitutional monarchies, and subtly different national legal systems.
  • Add whole new systems for colonisation and land claims.
  • Introduce crisis mechanics, federations and treaty organisations to add further depth to the diplomatic game.
  • Add an industrialisation mechanic, repurposing vanilla Civilization value for an Industrialisation value which ties in to the buildings and technologies available.
How YOU can help:
We are currently looking for the following to join our modder and contributor team:
  • Province localisation contributors
  • 3D character portrait & clothing modellers
  • Population data researchers
  • Historical character researchers
  • GUI / 2D gfx modders
Get in touch via the forums, or join our Discord server HERE

Credits:
Sobisonator: Lead developer

Marschall Vorwärts: General development, Asia and Australasia history and setup

MusuMankata: Pops, localisation, Italian map, politics systems and events

Tophattingson: Pops, tech, localisation and historical research

The Inspector: Mapping and Russian localisation

MrAdrianPl: 19th century unit models

xangelo7: 19th century unit models

Robska: Gerenal all-round development, scripting, pops etc.

AtomicFission: 3D unit model scripting

II_Paulus_II: Extended government GUI

Contributors
JmanThunder: Haiti
aladnamedisaac: Canada
The_RamblinManL: Austria
BringItBoy:
GUI experimentation
Rubiego: Iberia
Chrys131: Greece, Albania, Switzerland, Wallachia and Moldavia
Scrooge1842: Scotland
DHJaru: Scandinavia
Coleslaw: Australia
John Bircher: Finland
Pureon: Female clothing retextures

The entire Imperator: Rome modding co-op for all their continuing assistance

Future previews on features to come...
Would be funny if modders make Victoria 3 before Paradox announces it.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
The alpha build be publicly released in 2021?

Looks really interesting! What's the reason for the map being so... squished, though?
We use the hoi4 map as a base, using Imperator's map dimensions. We're gradually working on the adapting the map so you may see some changes.

The alpha build be publicly released in 2021?
Maybe - it depends on what features are ready to test. There may be a closed beta. We don't want to disappoint people by releasing something that doesn't meet our true aspirations.

Reactions:
This looks fantastic! I can't wait to learn more, especially the industrialization mechanics.

Does the team have a patreon or something where I can donate? I would love to help support development that way.

• 2Like
Reactions:
How will this mod be affected by Victoria 3's release? Is everything continuing as planned?
This mod will continue to grow into something different to Victoria 3, and I am confident you'll be able to play one or the other for different experiences. We are very passionate about our analytical approach to history and social/political dynamics in this mod, so it will be a beast of its own.

I know I'll certainly be playing both after Victoria 3 comes out.

• 23Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
This mod will continue to grow into something different to Victoria 3, and I am confident you'll be able to play one or the other for different experiences. We are very passionate about our analytical approach to history and social/political dynamics in this mod, so it will be a beast of its own.

I'm glad! My biggest fear of a VIcky 3 announcement was what might happen to this mod, since I am really looking forward to it!

• 1Like
Reactions:

That's what I wanted to hear! Thanks for the response

• 2Like
Reactions:
Greetings, readers! In advance of our next big content-focused dev diary, here's a teaser of our work-in-progress new UI skin:

1624791617850.png

• 11Love
  • 6Like
Reactions:
I'm always excited when this thread gets a new official developer post...that new UI looks great and gives this project a pretty "advanced", victorian look. I know that you are still mid in development and good things take a while, but if you should decide to release a kind of (non)-public beta or whatever before the final version, count me on board for hunting bugs in this realm :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm always excited when this thread gets a new official developer post...that new UI looks great and gives this project a pretty "advanced", victorian look. I know that you are still mid in development and good things take a while, but if you should decide to release a kind of (non)-public beta or whatever before the final version, count me on board for hunting bugs in this realm :D
We have some content and stability milestones we want to hit before we open up to testing, likely through a volunteer-based alpha. We're making progress towards them, so do keep your eyes peeled.

In the meantime, you can always reach out on our Discord to volunteer now to validate and update setup data - we only have a few parts of the world left, and no coding skills are required.

• 1Like
Reactions: