• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe I formed my question in wrong way
I was thinking about how far in a future historical characters will be? (Will there be any WW I or WW II characters?)
But good to know about your releasing plan :)

Maybe I formed my question in wrong way
I was thinking about how far in a future historical characters will be? (Will there be any WW I or WW II characters?)
But good to know about your releasing plan :)

No hard and fast plans yet here.

I'm curious, whether this mod uses a spherical map or a flat map?

We use a flat map, but we will be connecting up the edges of the Pacific ocean in the neatest way possible.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I started playing Vicky 2 again this weekend and really enjoyed myself. So I really want to see what you guys can make of this mod in the Imperator engine.

I once did a little map work for V2, and for fun I converted my original, rather province heavy, map to the HOI4 map (which I think you guys use?). Would you guys be interested in using it? I included it as an attachment, as well as an attachment for a potential political setup at the beginning of the game.

I am very much in favour of reducing province load (less provinces = less pops = better performance). I already removed some provinces (in the white boxes), but I think more efficiency can be achieved. I also indicated some potential new provinces (pure yellow and pure white).

If you guys are interested I could refine it further, and also look into coverting my Central Asia map for use in the mod.

East Indies 1815 province map.pngEast Indies 1815.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
I'm not sure if this has already been covered or if it's too early to tell but how are you going to do politics in this mod? How will the pops vote? What will differentiate the political parties? How will the political system of a country change things? Sorry if this is to early to talk about

I'm not sure if this has already been covered or if it's too early to tell but how are you going to do politics in this mod? How will the pops vote? What will differentiate the political parties? How will the political system of a country change things? Sorry if this is to early to talk about
It's too early to say in public how it will work because we are still in the design phase for this, but safe to say we have many systems that we are putting together to give politics an in-depth and interactive feel. Pops will vote and, together with characters, influence your country whether it is a monarchy or a republic.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I started playing Vicky 2 again this weekend and really enjoyed myself. So I really want to see what you guys can make of this mod in the Imperator engine.

I once did a little map work for V2, and for fun I converted my original, rather province heavy, map to the HOI4 map (which I think you guys use?). Would you guys be interested in using it? I included it as an attachment, as well as an attachment for a potential political setup at the beginning of the game.

I am very much in favour of reducing province load (less provinces = less pops = better performance). I already removed some provinces (in the white boxes), but I think more efficiency can be achieved. I also indicated some potential new provinces (pure yellow and pure white).

If you guys are interested I could refine it further, and also look into coverting my Central Asia map for use in the mod.

View attachment 696682View attachment 696683

I realise I did not respond to this post! We would of course be interested in your input for Indonesia and Central Asia. While we have setups for these regions already, it cannot hurt to have more. If you want to contribute, please join us on our Discord: https://discord.gg/nbxgkwy

Do you have any idea how to represent papacy and conclave?

We will have special mechanics for the papacy. So far, we already have a mechanic to rename popes upon election, and there will be further detail in the future. We will talk more about how our political systems work in future dev diaries, once we have completed some more milestones.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
It's too early to say in public how it will work because we are still in the design phase for this, but safe to say we have many systems that we are putting together to give politics an in-depth and interactive feel. Pops will vote and, together with characters, influence your country whether it is a monarchy or a republic.
Okay, thank you!

Nice!

Hi All,

Today I wanted to share some the recent progress of the mod. The mod has seen some significant progress over the last few months, with many new contributors and community suggestions assisting with elements of the mod’s development. The feedback, suggestions and research undertaken by the community have been greatly helpful in assisting the mod team, directly influencing the mod’s development (significantly the setup of various regions).

Whilst we project that the mod has a lot of development time left before we are ready to release a public alpha version, the mod team has been able to begin work on the important scripting components that will form core additions to the mod’s gameplay.

The progress over the last few months encompasses:

• Around 98% of all starting countries have been added to the map, equating to over 550 separate countries.
  • Population is progressing at a faster rate but will still take some time till it is complete. Effort is being taken to attempt to accurately represent the different classes and populations of every province in the mod (equating to thousands of provinces) in 1815, which means a lot of research and implementation time.
  • Functional prototypes for some of the mods unique mechanics, such as its archaeology system.
  • Advancing across various stages of developing military traditions, country unique missions, characters, events, and other core elements of the game. Below are some examples of Introduction events, a system we are adopting to provide context about the starting situations for specific countries or generic regions for some smaller countries:
20210428161642_1.jpg
20210423173304_1.jpg

• Early implementation of GUI elements, such as culturally specific graphics for city ranks. Many different 'culture groups' will get unique graphics, we hope this will add a layer of immersion to gameplay. Below are some teasers of this system in practise.

First is the contrast between Mediterranean and Western city graphics.
    G1.PNG

The graphics for native and Middle Eastern settlements.

G1.PNG

And finally the difference between Indian and East African settlements.
    G1.PNG
  • As well as much more

On top of these changes, some regions we have previously shared have undergone significant overhauls. Below are some examples:

South America
WIP SA.PNG

Ottomans
Ottoman w subjects.PNG

I hope you enjoyed this developer diary. Hopefully soon we can show off even more of the content we have been keeping under wraps.

Don't forget to join us on Discord for discussion, volunteering and notification of new teasers and DDs! https://discord.gg/nbxgkwy

• 25Love
  • 8Like
Reactions:
This is... interesting. Is there a Discord to follow development?

Out of interest, did you change the overall map dimensions for this mod?

It seems like that would be necessary, but I also though it was impossible without modifying the actual game files.

• 1Like
Reactions:
AAAAAAAA! South America was my favourite region to play in Victoria 2! This mod is like a dream come true with all it's planning to add to it!

• 1Love
Reactions:
Looks really cool, I'll keep and eye on this mod. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: