• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This project looks amazing. I'd be happy to help with character and pop research for Qing and its neighborhood.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm interested in 3 things:
1. Are you going to add more radical Ideologies like communism or fascism?
2. Do you plan to add more start dates? (I'm quite new to the Imperator, so I don't know if it's even possible) If so what are your plans for them. Can we expect eve of WW I for example?
3. Are there going to be some civilization/modernization/westernization mechanics similar to what we have in Victoria II?

This project looks amazing. I'd be happy to help with character and pop research for Qing and its neighborhood.

That's fantastic. Do join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/H3FbpDqvZY where we organise development. Alternatively, you can DM me on the forum.

I'm interested in 3 things:
1. Are you going to add more radical Ideologies like communism or fascism?
2. Do you plan to add more start dates? (I'm quite new to the Imperator, so I don't know if it's even possible) If so what are your plans for them. Can we expect eve of WW I for example?
3. Are there going to be some civilization/modernization/westernization mechanics similar to what we have in Victoria II?
1. Radical ideologies from throughout the time period will be added, including later ones like communism, fascism and similar political ideologies down the line.

2. No plan to add more start dates. Not possible in vanilla Imperator.

3. There will be modernisation mechanics, but not the same as in Victoria II. Modernisation will be done through a combination of metrics, allowing a nation to modernise without "westernising" or for a nation to "westernise" without modernising. We're repurposing the Imperator civilisation mechanic for industrialisation, which represents subsistence vs. manufacturing & service economies.

• 7Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
This mod seems to be awesome. Really!

Forgive me if it's a dumb question, but will there be some nomadic tribes in Sahara, Siberia or Nothern America? Sources might be scarce but it would be quite fun and challenging to start as a small tribe wandering around and try to settle, industrialize and remain independent from overpowered Europeans. :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
This looks rad! Following for sure.

This mod seems to be awesome. Really!

Forgive me if it's a dumb question, but will there be some nomadic tribes in Sahara, Siberia or Nothern America? Sources might be scarce but it would be quite fun and challenging to start as a small tribe wandering around and try to settle, industrialize and remain independent from overpowered Europeans. :)

We're doing our best to get legit sources for all of our pop data on culture & religion. Some areas are easier to do than others, but we're working diligently on it :) Our "works cited" page, if we had one, would be a gazillion pages long. Censuses from the late 1700s / early 1800s are our best friends, along with obscure academic books & old documents.

If you find a reliable data set regarding any of those nomadic tribes let us know in the Discord, we'd be glad to see it!

Reactions:
@ Palaiologos

We have been discussing this today. At the mod's start (1815) there are two primary Greek states, Ionian Islands (protectorate of the UK) and Athos (theocracy, subject of the Ottomans). In addition to this Janina controls much of Greece (although it is Albanian dominated). We have decided to add an additional state (as a tributary or some other sort of subject to Janina) to represent a number of the clans of Moreot klephts (something we will likely explain in a future dev diary). Whilst we have not decided the final form for how to 'prepare' for independence (we do not want to script independence but make it an achievable outcome), there are some interesting mission tree's in development in the region and creating either a 'generic Greek' mission tree for the Greek states or a targeted one for the Moreots is likely going to be the path we pursue.

It will be entirely possible to play as a Greek cultured country and form Greece from the start of your campaign.

It is worth noting that everything is still in flux at the moment and could change.

• 8Like
Reactions:
@ Palaiologos

We have been discussing this today. At the mod's start (1815) there are two primary Greek states, Ionian Islands (protectorate of the UK) and Athos (theocracy, subject of the Ottomans). In addition to this Janina controls much of Greece (although it is Albanian dominated). We have decided to add an additional state (as a tributary or some other sort of subject to Janina) to represent a number of the clans of Moreot klephts (something we will likely explain in a future dev diary). Whilst we have not decided the final form for how to 'prepare' for independence (we do not want to script independence but make it an achievable outcome), there are some interesting mission tree's in development in the region and creating either a 'generic Greek' mission tree for the Greek states or a targeted one for the Moreots is likely going to be the path we pursue.

It will be entirely possible to play as a Greek cultured country and form Greece from the start of your campaign.

It is worth noting that everything is still in flux at the moment and could change.
Sounds great. Keep in mind that the Greek War of independence actually started from Wallachia, which was ruled by Greeks from Constantinople, as per the deal between Russia and the Ottoman Empire. And the conspirators had their base in Odessa.

Reactions:
Hi I noticed Poland and Free City of Cracow/Krakowian Republic being playable, but not Grand Duchy of Posnan/Poznan/Posen (the Prussian part of the Polish cake). Is it going to be playable? And how are really going to be represented Polish states and their struggle for Independence?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi I noticed Poland and Free City of Cracow/Krakowian Republic being playable, but not Grand Duchy of Posnan/Poznan/Posen (the Prussian part of the Polish cake). Is it going to be playable? And how are really going to be represented Polish states and their struggle for Independence?
GDP was recently added. And I'll make sure to include as many Polish-related events and stuff as the dev team would allow to.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Wow, not sure how I'm only just hearing about this now but it looks great!

Quick question, are there plans to have historical characters appear as the timeline progresses? E.g. if you play through to the 1860s or 1870s you might come across Lincoln, Bismarck etc.?

Wow, not sure how I'm only just hearing about this now but it looks great!

Quick question, are there plans to have historical characters appear as the timeline progresses? E.g. if you play through to the 1860s or 1870s you might come across Lincoln, Bismarck etc.?
Glad you like the look of it!

We will have customisable options allowing the player to choose how characters spawn.
  • Historical characters all exist at game start.
  • (Optional) Historical characters born early in the timeframe after the start date will be born on historical dates.
  • (Optional) Historical characters who rose to prominence later in the timeframe will appear later on.
Players can choose whether to have a pure alternate history, or one with familiar characters.

• 4Love
  • 1Like
Reactions: