• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
True that. For what it's worth, I think it's relatively easy to change the election periods in a submod, one file and a few numbers.

That was quick! Any chance I can convince you to change the default Electoral Model to bi-annual? Annual stab hits are too punishing, especially in the early game, and further especially because it costs significant stability to reform the election law, placing the player quickly into a downward spiralling situation where they cannot acquire enough stability for reform, facing further stab hits every dreaded 1st of October. Bi-annual is still challenging, but doesn't feel like a desperately futile struggle (for all but perhaps the most skilled administrators, such as yourself).
Electoral Model is no longer default. Also, making elections biannual seems a weird solution for too frequent stability hits, as it makes them twice as frequent as with annual o_O. The whole point of making elections annual was making them somewhat historically accurate for both Rome and Carthage, so any other duration is not accurate.
Lex Antonia could then reduce it to annual for anyone who wants that extra challenge (presumably later on with more opportunity to improve stability per month). It looks odd having no effect at all.
I agree with the need to make the default Roman law and Lex Antonia more different, but with both laws keeping annual elections. With that noted, I'm open for suggestions.

Electoral Model is no longer default. Also, making elections biannual seems a weird solution for too frequent stability hits, as it makes them twice as frequent as with annual o_O.
Biannual can mean semi-annual, but I mean biennial. :) Every two years, which is the same as the "Shorter Terms" or "Lex Antonia" electoral reform laws already in game.

The whole point of making elections annual was making them somewhat historically accurate for both Rome and Carthage, so any other duration is not accurate.
Yeah I understand that, but IMO it doesn't work with the way the game is designed.

Just one question? How will Christianity be handled? Will it just spawn in Jerusalem and spread from there, or will we see potentially it spawn in various key apostle and significant locations?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think migrations should be extremely hard to handle, especially for big empires, they should be very challenging even for the most experienced players, to prepare the base for CK. They should either conquer your lands, forcibly migrate into your lands creating divisions, decentralized power, independence or whatever, and there could be some kind of mechanic simulating the birth of hybrid invader-locals cultures

• 1Like
Reactions: